Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Oct 25, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #1,876 of 2,020
The WPS ( music playing screen) does not exist when player is stopped, only on pause or when playing. In contrary to iBassos Firmware, rockbox's main screen is the menu screen not the music playing screen, so when playback is stopped, it jumps back to main menu. This is not easily changable with a small code modification. It is also not possible to start the player in "paused" mode.
I'd recommend to set "start screen" setting to "main menu".

Thanks.
It looks that Main screen is the best option.

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,877 of 2,020
Does anybody have a problem with "choking" music right after turn on player? I mean that I turn on player, choose folder to play and during first 15 seconds I can hear really tiny breaks in music. After short while music is played clear. I notice that same happened when new folder is played through random auto change directory. Is it normal behavior?

Nov 15, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #1,878 of 2,020
Does anybody have a problem with "choking" music right after turn on player? I mean that I turn on player, choose folder to play and during first 15 seconds I can hear really tiny breaks in music. After short while music is played clear. I notice that same happened when new folder is played through random auto change directory. Is it normal behavior?

are you use directory to play some music?
you better use by album when play or maybe you need to clean/ delete folder .audio on sdcard or dx50 internal memory.
then reisntall firmware and reset factory it.

Nov 15, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #1,880 of 2,020

I get the same issue for playlists which contain long or large numbers of songs in large ALAC format.
I've always taken it as the system requiring time to cache & buffer the complex/large/many music files while trying to DSP & send out the music for playing.

Nov 16, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #1,887 of 2,020
I didn't do anything special. The problem comes back from time to another, but it became more rare. I don't understand, but I think it comes from the buffer. I tried to change the maximum of settings, unable to resolve the issue. Somewhere, it is reassuring to see that I'm not the only one with this problem

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #1,889 of 2,020
I have the same problem. It started doing it after I replaced a 64GB card with a 128GB card. I have about 80GB of music on the card in the form of VBR L2 MP3's, so I just figured it was a result of having so many files in the library. I doesn't bother me once I realized it only did it 1-2x in the first 10 seconds of the first song.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #1,890 of 2,020
I have that "problem", although it doesn't really bother me that much. I only get one or two brief (barely noticeable) dropouts, sometimes, all within the first 10 seconds of play after powering up the device. I've found that it seems to happen almost exclusively with mp3 files - it never happens with flac files. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back