Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Dec 22, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #1,906 of 2,020
I'd like to chime in and add, too, that microcuts are now a thing of the past since I formated my sd card using FAT32 instead of exFAT.

Those microcuts had become a real PITA since I'd gotten a new 128 GB sd card (good quality genuine Samsung).

Since Windows 7 didn't allow me to format it in FAT32, I had to use a little freeware to do so : http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
Very simple to use.

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #1,907 of 2,020
hey guys
thought i'd give this another try, whats the best settings to optimize the DX50 touchscreen??
Thanks and happy new year

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,908 of 2,020
I suppose ultimately it's a matter of taste and what works best for you. In Settings>General Settings>Display>Touchscreen Settings you've got several options. Touchscreen mode is the biggest choice to make - some people prefer the 3x3 mode, I prefer the absolute point mode. If you use absolute point, adjusting the Line Padding in Lists setting to a number that works for your fingers is really a good idea - I have mine set to 16px. There's also an option to calibrate the touch screen: I've never felt the need to do this, so don't know what it does. 

Note that quite a few of the themes if you have the optional theme pack are set up for absolute point. 

HInt: if you're used to the absolute point setting, as it's the default, and you change it to 3x3, be sure to have the manual handy to help you get used to how it works. I switched it once, and couldn't figure out how to work the thing, or change it back, until I got home and could check the manual. 

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #1,909 of 2,020
Since the DX50 lacks a real time clock, I guess that means the last.fm log won't be very useful will it?

Oh well, thought I had finally found a player that I could use without losing my ability to scrobble plays.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #1,910 of 2,020
You can also scrobble from devices without RTC. It will take the current time (when you upload your scrobbling-list) and subtract the complete playing time of your scrobbles and put this time for the first song and so on. I use it that way. Only if you need the exact time of the song played, you need a player with rtc.

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #1,911 of 2,020
  hey guys
thought i'd give this another try, whats the best settings to optimize the DX50 touchscreen??
Thanks and happy new year

very complete answer by @sduck, thank you!
There is one more thing: Are you using the official build or the "optimized" build (both linked in the first post)? The latter has a touchscreen debouncing patch included, that makes the touchscreen reacting less nervously.
And: I tried the calibrate touchscreen feature. I got a much worse result and had to reset it do default.

Edit: Here are all versions of patched Firmwares and custom rockbox builds available: https://mega.nz/#F!ZN9DnZqS!dntN-2QHCtIggDKqVWCY9Q

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #1,913 of 2,020
You can also scrobble from devices without RTC. It will take the current time (when you upload your scrobbling-list) and subtract the complete playing time of your scrobbles and put this time for the first song and so on. I use it that way. Only if you need the exact time of the song played, you need a player with rtc.

Interesting -- I've not delved into the code.  Does RB simply omit the date/time from the last.fm log on devices which lack a persistent real time clock?

What software are you using on your desktop to scrobble from the last.fm log on the player?

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #1,914 of 2,020
  Is it new version of RB? I downloaded a pack, then open, and see files modified - 22.12.2015. Rechange it?

The date in the filename is correct. The newest rockbox build i zipped is from august 29. 2015. I think there were no important changes to the build of june 26.

Edit: And also from end August -> now there is no code change that would make a new build necessary IMHO.

Jan 4, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #1,915 of 2,020
  Interesting -- I've not delved into the code.  Does RB simply omit the date/time from the last.fm log on devices which lack a persistent real time clock?

What software are you using on your desktop to scrobble from the last.fm log on the player?

I use an old version of the commandline tool "scrobble-cli" (version 0.10-4) on linux. The newer versions of "scrobble-cli" had less features if I remember correctly.

here is the official wiki page of rockbox: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/LastFMLog 
it is possibly out of date. The interesting entries of the tables are the ones with the tick in the "Timeless" column.

It is not Rockbox omitting the date/time on RTC-free devices, the scrobbling program does the work of adding a fake time to the songs in the scrobbler-timeless.log. The .scrobbler.log and .scrobbler-timeless,log have different formats that the scrobbling program need to interpret.

Jan 11, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #1,916 of 2,020
I'm currently working on RockBox for the DX80.  Is anyone able to give me some guidance on how to repack my modified system.img back into an update.img?

Thanks!

EDIT: The first two versions of afptool which I tried had some issues with the parameters file -- I actually ended up coming across this which provides a working version of afptool as well as some very clear instructions on the process.

Mar 23, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #1,919 of 2,020
Hello there,
after one month of using Rockbox on my DX50 I have to express really big thans for everyone contributed. I've got RB on all my previous DAPs, and in fact the main reason why I bought DX50 was the possibility to install Rockbox in it. I can't live without replay gain, party mode, true gapless etc... Everything works here, so: BIG THANKS EVERYONE!
Josef K.

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #1,920 of 2,020

+1

Rockbox provides features that every DAP should have & puts to shame the higher-end premium models.

Kind of like paying thousands for a car only to find features, available on cheaper brands & years earlier, only available on premium trims.

(cough!)
GM/Opel/Vauxhall/Holden ...
(cough!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back