Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Mar 25, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #1,922 of 2,020
Thanks everyone for the great work ! Just a quick question : when my DX50 is charging overnight, the device automatically powers on when it reaches full charge, but never goes to sleep mode. If I set the backlight behavior to "Off when plugged in" the DAP keeps on rebooting then going to sleep then rebooting etc..
Is there an option I should be aware of ?

Thanks !

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #1,924 of 2,020
You need 2 files:
  • firmware with a small additional program in it that lets you choose if you want to boot rockbox or mang
  • Rockbox build for dx50

What you have quoted is the file 1. You need this too if you dont have dualboot already

In your copied text you have cut off the link for file 2. at the end...

Mar 30, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #1,925 of 2,020
thanks for replying. I already have version 1.9.3 installed and till that version you have provided us with your version (which i like very much, thank you for that). I never saw your version 1.9.4, so i asked.

Apr 3, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #1,926 of 2,020
Bought the dx80 not to long ago and almost sold my dx50. Decided to finally put Rockbox on it and I'm really happy I didn't sell it! Using arc-en-ciel and I really love the layout + the nav buttons make it so easy to use.

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #1,927 of 2,020
I'm still running rockbox with the ibasso 1.8 firmware (at least that's the one saved on my computer). Would there be any real benefit to updating to the latest version? Would I have to format my player and start from scratch, or can I just overwrite the existing rockbox files? It's been a long time since I did this and I'm a little shaky at remembering exactly how it went.

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #1,928 of 2,020
  I'm still running rockbox with the ibasso 1.8 firmware (at least that's the one saved on my computer). Would there be any real benefit to updating to the latest version? Would I have to format my player and start from scratch, or can I just overwrite the existing rockbox files? It's been a long time since I did this and I'm a little shaky at remembering exactly how it went.

Reading page 1 of this thread comes to mind.....

Cheers

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #1,930 of 2,020
  "Would there be any real benefit to updating to the latest version?"

Nice answer, professor.

No kiddo, of course not.

If you could get yourself into actually reading the first page you might realize that you can swap/try out any version in a matter of minutes. It cannot get any easier than that.

Since you have decided to let others do the work for you, you're going to miss out of all the fun.

So, no. No benefit. None at all.

Cheers

Apr 9, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #1,931 of 2,020
  No kiddo, of course not.

If you could get yourself into actually reading the first page you might realize that you can swap/try out any version in a matter of minutes. It cannot get any easier than that.

Since you have decided to let others do the work for you, you're going to miss out of all the fun.

So, no. No benefit. None at all.

Cheers

First, I was wondering if there was any benefit to installing a newer version. A question still unanswered. Second, I wasn't sure if I had to install the latest version of the ibasso firmware to go with the latest version of rockbox. A question still unanswered, although I can infer the answer from your dick like response. Seriously... wouldn't it have been easier to just say you have no idea what the benefits would be and I can just overwrite the the files? Maybe that would have denied you the fun of being a dick.

Cheers.

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #1,932 of 2,020
All version of the patched ibasso firmwares work with all official rockbox builds or my builds (since march 2015 -> no CWM).
-> If you need a specific feature of mango that exist in only one firmware, get the according firmware. If you dont use mango you dont have to care about the firmware version
-> rockbox builds can simply be overwritten without loosing settings. This works because the builds dont contain the settings files.

anyway, here at MEGA are all versions for download: https://mega.nz/#F!ZN9DnZqS!dntN-2QHCtIggDKqVWCY9Q

Apr 9, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #1,933 of 2,020
  All version of the patched ibasso firmwares work with all official rockbox builds or my builds (since march 2015 -> no CWM).
-> If you need a specific feature of mango that exist in only one firmware, get the according firmware. If you dont use mango you dont have to care about the firmware version
-> rockbox builds can simply be overwritten without loosing settings. This works because the builds dont contain the settings files.

anyway, here at MEGA are all versions for download: https://mega.nz/#F!ZN9DnZqS!dntN-2QHCtIggDKqVWCY9Q

Thank you

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #1,935 of 2,020
We are a small group of freaks who buy a audio player instead of just using  the mobile phone to listen to music. Out of that freaky group we are the 20% who even put a open source software on it for several reasons.
If I need someone to argue with, I search someone outside of that group...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back