Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Oct 4, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #1,861 of 2,020
I would download the optimized theme pack by deho (linked on post 1). I'm quite sure that you will find one that fits your needs.

Edit: but sorry, our dx50 does not have a runing built-in clock so you have to forget about time or date display

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #1,863 of 2,020
The source code of mango player v1.5 popped up around a year ago. This helped argelerx to adapt the bootloader and the rockbox app that patching the vold file was not needed anymore (all about mounting). This made the dx50/90 port much better! I think that is all that argelerx took from this source.

Oct 17, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #1,865 of 2,020
Sure there is. That's how I have mine set up. 

Settings>Playback Settings>Auto Change Directory> set to Random. That's the easy part. 

It won't work though until you run the random_folder_advance_config app in the Plugins>Applications folder. This app is a bit finicky, but you can probably figure it out. One thing to know is that it wasn't developed with the android file system. It may or may not have been fixed since I reported the problem a while ago. If you run it and it starts cataloging thousands of files, basically taking forever, then it hasn't been fixed, and needs a little hacking - report back here if you run into this and I can help you out. Basically you just need to use the app to make a list of the available folders, assuming you've got your albums arranged into folders. And you can edit the list to not play specific folders if you want, which can be handy. 

Oct 17, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #1,866 of 2,020
Sure there is. That's how I have mine set up. 

Settings>Playback Settings>Auto Change Directory> set to Random. That's the easy part. 

It won't work though until you run the random_folder_advance_config app in the Plugins>Applications folder. This app is a bit finicky, but you can probably figure it out. One thing to know is that it wasn't developed with the android file system. It may or may not have been fixed since I reported the problem a while ago. If you run it and it starts cataloging thousands of files, basically taking forever, then it hasn't been fixed, and needs a little hacking - report back here if you run into this and I can help you out. Basically you just need to use the app to make a list of the available folders, assuming you've got your albums arranged into folders. And you can edit the list to not play specific folders if you want, which can be handy. 

Thanks. I will try it.

Oct 18, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #1,868 of 2,020
In the rockbox technical forums, new ports section, the DX50 thread, on page 2 you'll find my question about this, and the answer presented there. 

Basically you just need a small .txt file named folder_advance_dir.txt, with a line (or lines) pointing to what it should be cataloging. Mine reads:

/mnt/external_sd/

because I only have music folders on the external sd card. 

Put this file in your .rockbox folder. 

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #1,871 of 2,020
  In the rockbox technical forums, new ports section, the DX50 thread, on page 2 you'll find my question about this, and the answer presented there. 

Basically you just need a small .txt file named folder_advance_dir.txt, with a line (or lines) pointing to what it should be cataloging. Mine reads:

/mnt/external_sd/

because I only have music folders on the external sd card. 

Put this file in your .rockbox folder. 

Thank you. It is working now.

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #1,872 of 2,020
Another question. When I switch on dx50 it goes to playback menu (set previous menu in start screen section) and it resume playback straight away. Is it chance to make it start at playback menu but without resume? Automatic resume is set on No.

Oct 24, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #1,873 of 2,020
Another question. When I switch on dx50 it goes to playback menu (set previous menu in start screen section) and it resume playback straight away. Is it chance to make it start at playback menu but without resume? Automatic resume is set on No.

When you say 'playback menu', you mean the music playing screen as there is no playback menu option? My start screen setup is set to 'Main Menu' so I don't have this issue. My guess is that as your setting is 'Previous Screen', it will be actually be 'Resume Playback' if music was playing on power off.

Oct 24, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #1,874 of 2,020
When you say 'playback menu', you mean the music playing screen as there is no playback menu option? My start screen setup is set to 'Main Menu' so I don't have this issue. My guess is that as your setting is 'Previous Screen', it will be actually be 'Resume Playback' if music was playing on power off.

Yes. I mean music playing screen.
I know that it don't start play music when is set on Main menu but I would like have music playing screen when I switch on dx50...

Oct 25, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #1,875 of 2,020
The WPS ( music playing screen) does not exist when player is stopped, only on pause or when playing. In contrary to iBassos Firmware, rockbox's main screen is the menu screen not the music playing screen, so when playback is stopped, it jumps back to main menu. This is not easily changable with a small code modification. It is also not possible to start the player in "paused" mode.
I'd recommend to set "start screen" setting to "main menu".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back