Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Sep 1, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #1,846 of 2,020
Alright, I've tried every which way to get my DX50 to install RockBox and it doesn't want to seem to cooperate.

I've tried recovery booting and installing the update from the SD card that way.

I've tried putting everything in the root folder and installing the official update.

I've tried reverting to the stock and then installing RockBox and even that didn't work.

Would formatting the DX50 itself help?

I've previously had RockBox installed and now cannot get it reinstalled.

HELP!!!

Sep 1, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #1,847 of 2,020
Alright, I've tried every which way to get my DX50 to install RockBox and it doesn't want to seem to cooperate.

I've tried recovery booting and installing the update from the SD card that way.

I've tried putting everything in the root folder and installing the official update.

I've tried reverting to the stock and then installing RockBox and even that didn't work.

Would formatting the DX50 itself help?

I've previously had RockBox installed and now cannot get it reinstalled.

HELP!!!

What's the current status of the DX50? Is it workable in Stock Firmware or Rockbox?

Is there a known method from ibasso to factory reset the DX50?

Sep 1, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #1,848 of 2,020
If you are having an old installation with CWM, you have to revert to stock recovery first. If you are are already on stock, both installation ways should work as described on the first post (fat32 if you take the microSD).
There is also a facory reset in the recovery that you could try.

Sep 1, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #1,849 of 2,020
I've factory reset the device in recovery mode and from the settings menu.

It is working completely fine, every now and then some files won't have all of their information displayed after a scan of the library but that's not what I'm worried about.

I want the customizability that RockBox allows because running custom themes, fine tuning your menu settings, playback settings, and everything else is how this thing should have came from the factory.

I tried reverting to stock recovery and every time I tried that in the recovery reboot it said "recovery file not found."

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #1,851 of 2,020
I've never gotten that CWM recovery screen to pop up. I don't know if I'm putting it in the wrong folder or what but the DX50 always says, "Cannot find recovery file" or some version of that.

I'm not exactly stuck, the DX50 is just not cooperating. I've had Rockbox installed before and maybe I didn't switch back to the original firmware properly but I've followed the steps each and every time to a T and it's never been successful.

Sep 2, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #1,852 of 2,020
I figured it out, I wasn't downloading or putting the dualboot update.img file into the root folder. Last time there was only one Rockbox file to download. I don't know if 1.9.3 had anything to do with that or what but it is somewhat misleading to have that many files to download and to have 2 of them labeled the same thing (update.img).

Sep 3, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #1,853 of 2,020
I'm glad that it is working now
smile.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #1,856 of 2,020
  How do i completely remove Rockbox?

I've tried factory resetted but still getting the dual boot prompt for Rockbox and Mango.

Just Update to a official or any other custom firmware without rockbox in it and it should do the trick (and you can keep or delete the .rockbox folder in the root folder if you like, it wont boot into Rb anymore anw).

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #1,857 of 2,020
any info use dx50 as dac when use rockbox?

Sep 17, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #1,859 of 2,020
Doesn't seem to support as far as I know. Then again what's the use of it anw?

well if you already mod your dx50 especially on opamp, bass sector will gone hiding if you still using stock firmware
with rockbox we can setting volume on the bass so it can appear again.

Oct 4, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #1,860 of 2,020
Hi,

I look for a Rockbox theme for my DX50 with this features: the number of the track played (ex: 1/14), the battery level in percentage or number, same for the volume level, and the date and hour if possible. Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back