Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jul 5, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #1,816 of 2,020
It's been a long time since I initially installed rockbox on the dx50, and I have avoided installing any updated versions for over a year. Finally bit the bullet on installing a newer version, and it works as advertised.

I just wanted to thank cholero and others who have worked tirelessly on this project and continue to make progress with it. :)

Jul 11, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,818 of 2,020
I have never been able to figure out how to make a simple playlist. This thing gathered dust for months because I just about gave up on it. Someone help please. Just basic step by steps. Assume I'm totally clueless because I am.

Jul 11, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #1,819 of 2,020
I have never been able to figure out how to make a simple playlist. This thing gathered dust for months because I just about gave up on it. Someone help please. Just basic step by steps. Assume I'm totally clueless because I am.

From the Main Menu :-
Click 'Files'
Browse to /mnt/sdcard or /mnt/ext_sdcard
Press & hold on any music file or folder you want to make a playlist out of.
Select playlist menu
Select Create new playlist
Click ok to accept playlist name
Done. New playlist appears in Playlist Catalogue.

Jul 12, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #1,820 of 2,020
  Firmware 1.9.3 with rockbox dualboot:
http://www88.zippyshare.com/v/KmjjR2Ej/file.html

I just installed this from the previous version. Booted to Mango - I just wanted to hear V1.9.3 - and under System Info I find. 1.9.2.....Hmmm. I will try this again, maybe I made a mistake.

Cheers

UPDATE: Tried this again today (07/13) and it works just fine now. Weird gremlins I guess.....

Cheers.

Jul 23, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #1,822 of 2,020
I just installed rockbox and now my computer will not recognize the device.....any ideas??

I get that error if I USB plug in the DX50 to charge the battery but don't switch it on to the Rockbox main menu.

After switching on, it takes a minute or so for the system to shutdown to the USB graphic & for the PC to install the drivers to recognise the new drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back