Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Jun 16, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #1,801 of 2,020
.. for the touchscreen: you can use a theme with navigation touch button areas. I found it on rayboradio_OB for the first time and liked it so much that I optimized it a bit (naranjada) and later made an own theme with navigation buttons (arc-en-ciel). If you like trying out things I'd recommend to do so with this themes.

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #1,802 of 2,020
Merci for the suggestion to try out themes. Yes actually I do like to fiddle around with my devices. First thing I did with my DX50 the day I received it was test all third party firmwares. Anyway following your suggestion I started browsing around the various themes, and I see lots of creativity there, more than I expected. Visually speaking I'm enjoying Naranjada a lot ATM. Do you know if the themes that are listed under the Cowon2 directory (see first post) are all actually compatible with the DX50?

Thanks !

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #1,803 of 2,020
Merci for the suggestion to try out themes. Yes actually I do like to fiddle around with my devices. First thing I did with my DX50 the day I received it was test all third party firmwares. Anyway following your suggestion I started browsing around the various themes, and I see lots of creativity there, more than I expected. Visually speaking I'm enjoying Naranjada a lot ATM. Do you know if the themes that are listed under the Cowon2 directory (see first post) are all actually compatible with the DX50?

Thanks !

I tried many themes but frankly the ciel one with buttons is simply so conenient that I don't even bother with other themes (though personally I don't like the rainbow colored bar much lol). Also some themes from cowon D2 may not work as intended since the DX50 screen is much smaller.

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,805 of 2,020
I tried many themes but frankly the ciel one with buttons is simply so conenient that I don't even bother with other themes (though personally I don't like the rainbow colored bar much lol). Also some themes from cowon D2 may not work as intended since the DX50 screen is much smaller.

I'm glad you like arc-en-ciel 
smile.gif
. My intetntion is that  after heavy usage of the theme you will "feel" without thinking, depending on the color of the bar:
a) how long the current song is and will remain (in WPS )
b) in which menu you are (in SBS)
this should give some more handling comfort

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #1,807 of 2,020
You will have to edit the .wps file. The fonts are usually loaded in the beginning of the file. The fonts fileending is always .fnt
You have to try out a bit what will fit. You can download the cowon D2 simulator to try it out to not have to plug and unplug the device all the time.

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #1,808 of 2,020
%Fl(2,28 Ubuntu [Bold].fnt)
%Fl(3,14-Ubuntu-R.fnt)
%Fl(4,14-Ubuntu-B.fnt)
%Fl(5,24 Ubuntu [Bold].fnt)
%Fl(6,12-Ubuntu-R.fnt)
%Fl(8,17-Ubuntu-R.fnt) 
So I need to change these lines into my font right (GNU-Unifont)?

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,809 of 2,020
Well, yes, but it is not done with it. As you see, these fonts have all different sizes. It wont look good, first. You will have to try what happens and maybe modify the "viewports" too. It looks like you took the arc-en-ciel theme. I think if you need unifont, it will probably be easier to take a different theme that only uses one font for example.
Good luck :)

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #1,810 of 2,020
http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-ipodvideo/rockbox-buildch4.html#x7-810004.5

Can anyone help me on which key combination on DX50 triggers the equivalent of that "Select+ Play" which is responsible for hotkey in File Browser and WPS?

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #1,811 of 2,020
Good question. Better take the cowon D2 manual as reference. The hotkey on DX50/90 seems to exist as definition. On touchscreen targets the hotkey seems to be only avalable in the not so popular "3x3" touchscreen mode: it is the bottom right area. But i tried it and it seems to not work. The WPS hotkey should work but when I tried it, it always broght me to the playlist. And I saw in git that the filbrowser/database hotkey is commented out for idontknowwhat reason and therefore cannot work.

Jul 3, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #1,815 of 2,020
You need rk unpack and repack tools and the possibility to mount. Then you need to compile the boot selector. I would say with linux it is very easy but with windows not that much. I have set up everything in linux so patching the new firmware took me 10 seconds. If you are really interested pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back