Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread
Sep 26, 2012 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 722

Swimsonny

Aka: thegardener & ScooterBilly
Undeclared Member of the Trade: Inearspace
writing positive reviews of products he was reselling.

Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed

I am going to start this thread by saying i have no affiliation with this company whatsoever and just want to share with you guys what they offer. I don't normally have a disclaimer like this but i feel it would be a bit odd not to in this circumstance because i guess this will look like blatant advertisement.

How i stumbled across them is rather odd. I got a facebook friend request from a girl/women and i just thought it was so from my sixth form college as i have been getting a lot and of them and left it for a few days. When i got round to reviewing the requests i found that she had a picture of an awesome looking universal IEM as her cover photo and knew this was not someone from college.

This was the picture:

This is a single dynamic CIEM :wink:

I am sure this image will help with you join my bewilderment but once i looked on the page there was just pictures of gear, amps cables and CIEMs like i had never seen before and i was just wowed. Now at the time i did not notice but she was sharing all these pictures from a Rhapsodio but then i got an email saying she had sent me a link to the Rhapsodio facebook page which had all the pictures from her facebook page and i realised that it was a small, unique asian hi fi shop.

Anyways i soon found the website for prices and here are the products that stood out for  me the most.

Meji Exclusice iPod Dock Amp

There is currently no information up on the site about this at the moment other than that it is coming soon and will cost a whopping $400 which just adds more to the mystery about it. Anyway i have always had this as a concept in my head but never seen it done, you may have but i think it looks really cool.

Meji Cool 5

The real excitement about this is not really physical but more what it boasts. Its a balanced amp with high grade internal according to the sales pitch. Now it is the price that reall got me excited because it is $1100 and that is more expensive than any of the most highly reccomended stuff that i have ver seen. The PCB looks packed but i can not tell if that is a good thing but maybe you can.

Op-amps are - OPA111BM (BUF) , OPA637BM (main opamp) , and OPA2107SM used

Meji Z2 (DIY Option Available)

This not only the cheapest balanced amp i think i have ever seen but the smallest and the best looking.I cant think how they managed a balanced circuit this small and it is only $160 for the DIY kit but they do charge a rather big $250 to make it for you and include the Zippo lighter casing which is just awesome. I always though cMoys were cool with the altoids case but what is cooler than a retro Zippo lighter! Oh and it is a tiny balanced amp, did i mention that? (i will be getting one of these with one of their mono crystal copper balanced cables).

Now there are many cool looking IEMs on there facebook page but i know nothing of them but from there website this hybrid CIEM looks pretty rad.

Rhapsodio Custom Hybrid Monitor

A new hybrid CIEM to wow at with the vent in the nozzle!

Specs:

Frequency Response::20~20,000Hz
Sensitivity: :100dB/mV
Impedance:32ohm

6mm dynamic with ba 30017

Custom Monitor R-5

These are a 5BA CIEM for a extremely cheap price of just $400. Now i doubt you can get a 5BA CIEM anywhere near as cheap as that anywhere else and thats whats just great. If it sounds good i dunno, maybe you should find out, if you give them an email maybe they can ship worldwide for you as well! You got to know a bargain when you see one :wink:

Anyway, they also offer a many other stuff from other CIEMs too cables and other DIY amps from MiuAudio. They also sell DIY parts such as UE and Shure pin connectors which are hard to come across from what i have seen and heard and it is just goof un looking at the site and there stuff, i would also recommend checking out there facebook page.

Their Facebook Fanpage for more exciting stuff:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rhapsodio/254838767959521

If any of you guys do get any of the stuff then comment other this way!

E-Mail:
rhapsodio02@gmail.com

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 722
I agree completley, I am still unsure if they are or not. I keep asking but not sure if they understand that part. (They reply well to everything else in broken English thats is understandable). Also the amps and cables are worldwide it's just CIEMs HK only and that's probably because they are small and can miss shipping costs.

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 722
Can confirm that they are the Tralucent 1plus2 and they are both partners!

Edit:

In that pic is not a 1plus2 but they do also sell it under a slightly different name. They are partner companies.

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #5 of 722
So this not exactly the first? Since I don't see traslucent mentioning anything about the 3 moving coil drivers. So is it the them trying to make themselves stand out or we just don't know somethings about traslucent's 1plus2?
basshead.gif

And in that picture it is not a 1plus2, since I don't see a hole on the faceplate? So they make their own or just trying to get some pictures from the net?
tongue.gif

Traslucent also didn't mention anything about the 5BA CIEM.
confused.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #6 of 722
THIS IS NOT TRALUCENT AUDIO. This is another company who have there own products like the 5BA. However they are a partner company of tralucent and they both sell the 1plus2, however Rhapsodio do it under another name. They both come for the same source and who they refer to as the 'master'.

Also the picture and the hybrid product that apparently has 3 moving coils will be a different product to the 1plus2.

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #7 of 722
Quote:
So this not exactly the first? Since I don't see traslucent mentioning anything about the 3 moving coil drivers. So is it the them trying to make themselves stand out or we just don't know somethings about traslucent's 1plus2?
basshead.gif

And in that picture it is not a 1plus2, since I don't see a hole on the faceplate? So they make their own or just trying to get some pictures from the net?
tongue.gif

Traslucent also didn't mention anything about the 5BA CIEM.
confused.gif

Yes the Tralucent 1Plus2s have a hole in the faceplate (vents) for the dynamic driver. I was really thinking those IEMs looked just liked the Tralucents. Strange that this company is selling them under a different name though....
confused_face(1).gif

Those 2 amps look really nice. Wonder if they sound half as good as they look :).

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #8 of 722
Because they are different companies with different products but they both OEM them from the same place that make them. Just like the Brainwavs B2 and Fischer Audio DBA-02. It is nothing unusual. They are both aware of it etc.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #10 of 722
Sep 27, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #12 of 722
Quote:
Those back-plates would look real nice in black carbon fiber :wink:.

I think they actually look nice in that glossy material and love the crystal clear shell. My 1plus2 is going to be aluminium faceplate and clear shell!

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #14 of 722
Quote:
So it's not gonna be the one on tour now? I thought that one had a gold carbon-fiber faceplate.

Nope the tour one is the same.... i am not and never was on the tour :p heheh, anyway this is the Rhapsodio thread, i will pop to the Tralucent one shortly :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back