Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Jun 25, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #1,112 of 2,057
  speaking of cables.
does anyone know where I can find shorter (e.g. 1m/3ft)...
I know ALO is coming out with some in August, but those will be way out of my price league.

The only third party I'm aware of that makes cables is ALO. Far too rich for my blood and imho money that could be put to far better use elsewhere.

I just use cable ties like these when I need to shortern my cable: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-Chunky-Reuseable-Hook-Cable/dp/B001RPWPQE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435243801&sr=8-1&keywords=fisual+velcro

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #1,113 of 2,057
hm5velor is clearer than the m50xvelor on the yammie.
and vice versa on the pandora...LOL

Jun 25, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #1,115 of 2,057
It's a black art.....no two pairs of ear flaps are alike :wink:

Jul 3, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,116 of 2,057

just
love
this
can

L3000.gif

Jul 5, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #1,117 of 2,057
Hello everyone!

I am new to the forum and happy to join you.

I read all these pages but I can find no answer.
I can find no comparison with Grado SR 325e or 325is.

Now I have this Headphones ( 325e ) but with my recent reader Ibasso DX90 I can not stand too aggressive treble. this set is not great for me.

I like mainly the presence headphones they give (almost in the intimate music) their openings in sound stage , quality of voice ,and musicality but no the treble with my dx 90.

Somebody has there a review with quality Pandora VI opposite Grado 325? They are superiors? With treble softer? Or another idea?

Thank you! ( Ans Sorry for my English ) :wink:

​

now I have this headset

Jul 5, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #1,118 of 2,057
Well it looks like i am going to be coming into possession of one of these headphones. Excited because they are so different as far as driver type. Can't wait to hear them. I will go back and read this thread in a bit but i was wondering about ear pad type. I have heard rumors of some swapping out for different ear pads……? Leather, or do they come with leather? I think every headphone i own has leather ear pads except the HD650 and HD800…..so just thought i would get some knowledgeable head-fier to chime in on that.
redface.gif

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #1,119 of 2,057
The final audio pads are pleather. However, there are 2 kinds of pads and they sound quite different. If you get a recent model, the stock pads will most likely be deeper - the sound will be less balanced and more aggressive (I noticed it in the treble).

I'd suggest you try them out and then decide which pads to get. If they're comfortable enough and you wanna improve sound quality, get the shallow low repulsion pads from final audio. If you need to improve comfort, you're probably better off with other replacement pads, there are many suggestions in this thread.

Jul 13, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #1,120 of 2,057
I am currently looking at purchasing either the Hope IV, HD650, or Fidelio X2's. I have heard the IV's have some issues with the stock pads. With replacement pads would you guys recommend these over the other 2 options?

Jul 13, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #1,121 of 2,057
  I am currently looking at purchasing either the Hope IV, HD650, or Fidelio X2's. I have heard the IV's have some issues with the stock pads. With replacement pads would you guys recommend these over the other 2 options?

Not sure there are all that many folk on HF who own or have heard the IV.

What issues are you hoping to address with a pad swap...comfort or sound quality? 

Jul 13, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #1,123 of 2,057
  Mostly the painfully loud treble that people have said the Hope IV has, but also the comfort. I haven't seen too much are what affects a pad swap has on the IV's.

I haven't seen much about talk about the IV in general and very little at all when it comes to pad swapping. 

I did try a pair of IV pads on my VI and found they made the treble pretty piercing on that too... In fact the resultant change in sound sig seemed very much like how I've heard the IV described.

I have seen it suggested (but take with a large pinch of salt) that putting the original 'low resilience' VI pads onto the IV has a similar effect, albeit in reverse in that it tames the treble somewhat. However, without first hand experience I'd be loathe to recommend them and if anything they'd probably create more comfort issues than they'd fix.

Hopefully someone with hands on experience of the IV will stop by and be able to give you some solid suggestions :)

Jul 15, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #1,124 of 2,057
If you buy the PH6 now, you should replace its stock pads, that's for sure, What kind of pad you should get depends on your personal comfort experience. If the stock pads seem comfortable enough, I'd risk going for the best sound quality with the low repulsion pads from final audio. If the stock pads are uncomfortable, try one of the 3rd party replacements people suggest in this thread.

I heard the HD650, but not enough for a real comparison. I remember a much darker sound than my PH6. The HD600 might be the better Sennheiser, at least for my taste.

When in doubt, you should probably try the cheaper ones first - the PH6 doubles the cost of your alternatives.

Jul 15, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #1,125 of 2,057
  If you buy the PH6 now, you should replace its stock pads, that's for sure, What kind of pad you should get depends on your personal comfort experience. If the stock pads seem comfortable enough, I'd risk going for the best sound quality with the low repulsion pads from final audio. If the stock pads are uncomfortable, try one of the 3rd party replacements people suggest in this thread.

I heard the HD650, but not enough for a real comparison. I remember a much darker sound than my PH6. The HD600 might be the better Sennheiser, at least for my taste.

When in doubt, you should probably try the cheaper ones first - the PH6 doubles the cost of your alternatives.

I am looking at getting the PH4, not the 6. I can get them used for a good price but since there is almost no information about them anywhere I am a little sceptical. I have heard the PH4 may sound similar with the same pads as the PH6 and that it what I would like to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back