Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Jun 3, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #1,082 of 2,057
hmmm, i have thrown away the stockpads long time ago...
what i am hearing out of the M50xpads is really big n dynamic, love it.

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #1,085 of 2,057
  does it change the sound much?

Would be good to know.

I have just bought a wide range of replacement pads for my VI's and, while most have yet to arrive, Beyer 990 velour pads sounded so bad that I thought the headphones were broken.  In contrast, Beyer 770 pleather pads sound just like stock with slightly improved comfort.

I have the IV, HM5 and Shure 1540 pads in the post - will post a summary once I can test them all.

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #1,086 of 2,057

Would be good to know.

I have just bought a wide range of replacement pads for my VI's and, while most have yet to arrive, Beyer 990 velour pads sounded so bad that I thought the headphones were broken.  In contrast, Beyer 770 pleather pads sound just like stock with slightly improved comfort.

I have the IV, HM5 and Shure 1540 pads in the post - will post a summary once I can test them all.

cool... let us know. 

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #1,087 of 2,057
We do have a Deluxe Ear Pad available for the Pandora (soon to be Sonorous) series.  

The item number is FI-EPPA6.  It is somewhat hard to find if you need help in your area please let us know.

Also looking forward to the summary...

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #1,088 of 2,057
FI-EPPA6, is the old pad of the pandora VI am i right?
To my ears this one was painful after 30mn... i tryed the earpads for pandora IV but the glue was not strong enough and now the pads open up...the confort was perfect for my ears but less for my head. The sounds was very good but different than the pad for pandora VI. (maybe less magic)
So for now i'm bought some other custom pads and waiting them to arrive... :frowning2:

Well will you have a new type of earpads soon?

Jun 14, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #1,089 of 2,057
  We do have a Deluxe Ear Pad available for the Pandora (soon to be Sonorous) series.  

The item number is FI-EPPA6.  It is somewhat hard to find if you need help in your area please let us know.

Also looking forward to the summary...

Hi Final US.

Thanks for the post - nice to see Final getting active on HeadFi.

I wonder if you could clarify something about the pads you mentioned please?

I currently have a couple of boxes of pads that I bought from one of Final's European distributors. Item numbers as follows:

FI-EPPAST (believe these are Hope IV pads & now also shipped with the Hope VI?)

FI-EPPADX (low repulsion)

The latter set of pads are identical to the ones that came with my early run Hope VI. Final JP describe these low repulsion pads as follows "As a special bonus, ear pads made from low-resilience sponge have been included with this product. This special bonus will revert back to the standard sponge type ear pads when stocks commemorating the release of the product sell out.".

Are you able to advise if the  FI-EPPA6 pad is another pad option entirely or is it is just one of the sets of pads mentioned above but with a slightly different item number (perhaps Final US / EU use a different numbering system?)?

Thanks and hope this makes sense!

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #1,090 of 2,057
Actually the FI-EPPA4 was the original pad for the Pandora.  We recently changed our construction on the pads to improve their quality and use.  Please note that all Final products carry a 2 year warranty from the factory.  All you need is the original purchase receipt for where you bought the product.

We just finished working with the awesome people at Head-Fi to create a Final sponsor page to help with any questions or concern on Final products.  I am the customer service guy for the U.S.  Also on the Final sponsor page is Final HQ, which is a direct link to the engineers at Final.  I am happy to help or answer any questions I can.  If I do not know the answer I will have Final HQ respond.

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #1,091 of 2,057
Thanks for the reply.

So would I be correct to assume that there are only 2 pad variantws in existence for the Pandora in that case? 

Interesting that the FI-EPPA4 is the original Hope VI (6) pad as the 4 would have made me think it was originally designed for the Hope IV. Which of course (rather confusingly) came to market after the Hope VI.

Can you tell me which of the two pad variants is the shallower and if either is labelled or made of 'low repulsion' foam? May help figure out how my pads correspond and also let prospective customers (in the US or further afield) figure out which pad they are after e.g. some may want to buy a like-for-like replacement whereas others may wisg to try a new option for either sound or comfort reasons.

Cheers again! 

ps. I can include pics of the box labels if it helps. In addition to product code they have barcodes.

Jun 14, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #1,092 of 2,057
To the best of my knowledge there are only 2 pad variants currently available.  However Final does occasionally make limited addition products and accessories in regards to specific requests from certain areas such as Europe and Japan.  I will follow up with you once I have more details from the Final Engineers. 

This is a perfect example of why we have opened our sponsor page with head-fi.  We are great at designing and engineering, but not to great when it comes to communication.  The strange part is that we absolutely value our users opinions and have been trying to find a format for some time.  Until now we had relied on individual dealers to provide us with information, but this has not proven to be successful.

The President of Final, Mitsuru Hosoo, has initiated this program venue with one goal.  To interact directly with our community in order to be completely transparent.  His goal was to receive information on Final products so that we may better serve our customers and affect changes as needed in our products.

Jun 14, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #1,093 of 2,057
  To the best of my knowledge there are only 2 pad variants currently available.  However Final does occasionally make limited addition products and accessories in regards to specific requests from certain areas such as Europe and Japan.  I will follow up with you once I have more details from the Final Engineers. 

This is a perfect example of why we have opened our sponsor page with head-fi.  We are great at designing and engineering, but not to great when it comes to communication.  The strange part is that we absolutely value our users opinions and have been trying to find a format for some time.  Until now we had relied on individual dealers to provide us with information, but this has not proven to be successful.

The President of Final, Mitsuru Hosoo, has initiated this program venue with one goal.  To interact directly with our community in order to be completely transparent.  His goal was to receive information on Final products so that we may better serve our customers and affect changes as needed in our products.

I appreciate you looking into this!

I also suspect there are only 2 pad variants but it will be great to get a definitive answer from the Final Engineers.

I for one (and I suspect many fellow owners) see Final's presence on Head-Fi as a hugely positive move and it is great to hear that the President is committed to breaking down as many barriers as possible. It hasn't always been easy getting a hold of information due to the language  & other barriers so this can only be a good thing.

Here's hoping that the end result will be that many more folks get the chance  to appreciate Final's headphones & IEMs as much as we do :) 

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #1,095 of 2,057

Thanks for engaging with the community! I've noticed that the Pandora Hope VI has been tagged as discontinued on certain US sites. Could you tell us more about the transition from Pandora to Sonorous?

Absolutely!

The Pandora series of headphones is undergoing a name change to prevent any confusion that it is affiliated with Pandora Radio.  The Pandora IV and VI have changed their name to Sonorous IV and VI.  We are also preparing for the July 1st launch of the new Sonorous VIII and our new flagship, the Sonorous X.  We are taking pre-orders both Europe and the U.S. for the Sonorous line.  There will be limited availability on the VIII and the X until August as we are working on a first come - first serve basis.

I think there are some of the Pandora VI still out there from our previous inventory.  If you are in the U.S. you can send a question through our Final Audio U.S. website.

www.finalaudiousa.com

More information on the new Sonorous VIII & X can be found on the main company website.

www.final-audio-design.com/en

Users who are viewing this thread

Back