Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
May 19, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #1,036 of 2,057

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm

usd250...how about this one?  comes with a superior dac to the "odac" i believe. :p

Quote:
Do you need an analogue input?

Thanks Lor!

I did see that amp/dac on the Audio-gd site and took a look at the dedicated thread here. Looks a decent buy but given the option I think I'd prefer the flexibility of separate units and the option of an analogue input is always nice.

Right now I'm pretty happy with the ODAC so I'm thinking it's better to stick all my budget into the amp section and then add a new dac later on if the ODAC starts to feel like a bottleneck. 

I appreciate the suggestion though 
beerchug.gif

May 19, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #1,037 of 2,057
Quick update - I purchased a pair of Shure HPAEC1540 Alacantra pads and to my ears they are the best mix of comfort, clarity, and balance. They slightly reduce what was overwhelming bass for me and seem to clean it up a bit, and they are ridiculously comfortable. There may be some resonance in some midrange frequencies but it's barely noticeable. I definitely prefer them to the HM5 pads and stock pads.

Also, thanks to Jello, once again - I picked up some dental rolls at the local drugstore and put them in between the outer pad lip and the actual headphone face, from the 12:00 down to 6:00 position, and they definitely improved fit. It may have made the highs more clear, which would make sense since the tweeter is now pointed more toward my ear opening. Not sure on that.

May 20, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #1,040 of 2,057
thanks moriez.
right now, I'm changing artists pretty fast to hear how they sound.
these are so great. completely different than anything else I heard before.
only thing is, as mentioned a dozen times, the pads...

which replacements are you guys using? 
the shure pads aren't available where I live. neither amazon nor shure themselve would send them. at least they're not listed in their onlineshop...

yeah. the box. I didn't care a bit when he said it was missing and I could pay 50€ less for the PH6

May 20, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #1,041 of 2,057
I'm not using replacements. I tried a pair of Beyer pads once but to undesirable effect. The Pandora reproduces immensely enjoyable sound in stock form and I don't want to take the least bit away from it. Not 0.1%

About the Shure pads. Maybe an US member could help you out with shipping. Just an idea.

May 20, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #1,042 of 2,057
congrats Felix...u wont need all the new top closed cans for a long while...
unless u want them. :)

May 20, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #1,043 of 2,057
Congrats, Felix!

Up until now I've tried three pads - the stock pads, the Shure Alacantra pads that you can't order, and the Brainwavz HM5 pleather pads. I think the stock pads offer the most detail, but the bass is a little much for me personally. The HM5 pads add comfort and keep the bass mostly the way it is, but sacrifices a little bit of detail. The Alacantra pads are the most comfortable, reduce the bass to a level that I'm satisfied with (while retaining most of the punchiness), and sacrifice a little detail.

So, it's really up to personal preference. If you are happy with the sound and can deal with the way the stock pads feel, I'd say stick with them. Detail-wise they are definitely the best. If you're interested in trying the Alacantra pads, send me a PM and I'd be happy to order them for you and then mail them to wherever you live, provided you pay the shipping :)

May 21, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #1,044 of 2,057
thanks.
looks like I can't order the HM5s either. 
will definitely give it a thought, if I won't get any replacement pads. thanks for the offer!
They do need to be replaced, I find them quite uncomfortable.

May 21, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #1,045 of 2,057
Sure they can order the Shure pads from Amazon... I use Shipito to get 'US-only' stuff shipped to me here in NZ.

May 21, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #1,046 of 2,057
Hi everyone!
i just bought Pandora 6 from Japan.
Totall price was $ 723 cad
looks and sounds gorgeous
I can say beyerdynamic T5p = Pandora 6 = sennheiser hd 800
I connected my Pandora 6 to Sound Blaster Audigy RX ( Foobar 2000)

May 21, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #1,048 of 2,057
Hi everyone!
i just bought Pandora 6 from Japan.
Totall price was $ 723 cad
looks and sounds gorgeous
I can say beyerdynamic T5p = Pandora 6 = sennheiser hd 800
I connected my Pandora 6 to Sound Blaster Audigy RX ( Foobar 2000)

Welcome"...u been drinking huh....enjoy!!

May 22, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #1,050 of 2,057
Anyone using Galaxy Note 4 straight as the source ? I'm waiting for mine to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back