Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Apr 20, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #331 of 2,057
novel...rubberbandaid :p

The Hope4 has a tighter gripppp i think...but still a slider.

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #332 of 2,057
The only benefit I see to the sliders is that you can fine tune the fit precisely to your liking. And let's not kid ourselves, FAD is big on aesthetics, so a slider is more "pleasing" than a clickety clackety ratchet system. Even if it's less functional, LOL. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #333 of 2,057
  Nice good to hear more impressions on these. 

Even one bad one. 100%positive so far. It cant be possible for everyone to like how they sound... or could it?

The ONLY way I can see anyone disliking these is if they just don't like closed headphones. Wide soundstage, deep bass, crystal treble, big lush mids. It's weird how all elements of the spectrum on these are potent but somehow it still doesn't feel "neutral".

I would be willing to bet that the people who aren't a fan of these are going to be open-back aficionados and people who prefer their bass minimal. Other than that... I can't figure out how anyone would say these aren't the top of the heap. I'd love to sit with some TH900s, D7000s, and Ultrasone Signatures just to have a real shootout of the top-end closed dynamics. I'm curious where the PH6 lies in that grouping.

TBH, even if one of those is better, they're all twice the price and saying these are among the "top four closed headphones period" is more than adequate for me. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #334 of 2,057
I enjoyed the Pandora over my Alpha Dogs and from memory, I'd pick them over the Ultrasone signature pros! I still prefer my Lawton modded Denon D5000s and Signature Djs, but I'm a bit of a basshead... :wink:

Still, the ONLY thing that kills the Pandora is the comfort factor... I have been trying to get my notes up but just haven't had the time. All in all, they have been one of the best closed headphones I've tried yet...

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #335 of 2,057
Apr 20, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #336 of 2,057
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Compatible-Beyerdynamic-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00HBSNUO2/ref=pd_rhf_sc_s_t_4

Cheap and perfect with the PH6. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #337 of 2,057
from my very brief encounters w the pandora n sigpro, hands down hands up i take the pandora.:p
been reading a few pages of this thread, so u guys been wrestling with the pads n slider the past months lolz.

i am half hallucinating, the pandora is the closed version to my LCD2withSilvercable...
every time i slap on my LCD i am a very happy man. Now the pandora might just complete my yingyang.

I guess the B&O H6 is killed by this pandora? 
Anyone compared this pandora with the Oppo1 yet? brief take? 

Apr 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #339 of 2,057
They dont ship to Canada
frown.gif

Dang. Well here's the official version, just a little more expensive. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B008XHU9ZS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1398013038&sr=8-8

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #340 of 2,057
Not sure if this has been posted before, but on Final Audio's english website (Pandora Hope page) there's a video showing how to install pads easily. Scroll down to bottom. Looks nice and easy.

http://final-audio-design.com/en/archives/1981

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #342 of 2,057
  ^That is the down fall of it. The physical design

Yeah. There are really only two genuine flaws here:

1) The pads suck

2) The ear cups slide too easily

That's it. Yes, it's annoying, but I'm willing to get new pads and do a little adjustment on the headband once in a while. Still, they ARE flaws and FAD needs to address them, IMO. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #343 of 2,057
I enjoyed the Pandora over my Alpha Dogs and from memory, I'd pick them over the Ultrasone signature pros! I still prefer my Lawton modded Denon D5000s and Signature Djs, but I'm a bit of a basshead... :wink:

Still, the ONLY thing that kills the Pandora is the comfort factor... I have been trying to get my notes up but just haven't had the time. All in all, they have been one of the best closed headphones I've tried yet...

Are the Signature DJ a lot bassier? Because I think Signature DJs bass quantity wise is up my alley but I don't think the mids are forward enough for my tastes why I keep looking at these Pandora. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back