Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI (interesting dynamic + BA full size headphones)
Apr 15, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #301 of 2,057
I think I was wrong for making a pit stop at the th600 before rebuying. I am confused I want the VIBRO too because its bass is so meaty. Ugh hug and I'm too late for @xanlamins deal.

I will definitely make my way around to this hp again at some point. Fav closed back for sure. It's got the speed the air the slam the mids the timbre the tones and the soundstage isn't closed in.

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #303 of 2,057
^its cool because the fact that I sold them and you like them soo much and I want another pair soo bad will show how good they are. Others maybe more willing to buy them. I just don't want to pay the 700 I did for em.

Apr 16, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #304 of 2,057
I am determined to repurchase this at the expense of some other gear. Yeah the VIBRO has the warmth and weight to it I like but nothing can touch this pandora. I even take back the he500 statement.

Where else can you have:
Speed
Clarity
Detail
Impact
Attack
Beautiful mids
Clean clear non sibilant highs
And big punchy bass

I was smokin to sell these.

These,th600,&400i & FSP should be it for me. ... Then I walk away from head-fi forever.

Apr 16, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #306 of 2,057
http://shop.iriverinc.com/index.php/final-audio-design-pandora-hope-vi-headphones.html

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #308 of 2,057
I agree with Grizz comments. I wouldn't have sold them if I didn't want to try out the pm-1 and he-560. I would place this side-by-side with Denon D7000 as the best that I have heard so far.

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #309 of 2,057
My favorite thing lately has been going through old albums I haven't heard in a while and listening to them with the PH6. It's like hearing them for the first time, man. Especially when they're really well made. 

Random example: Nas released Illmatic XX yesterday, and it's really a different experience. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #310 of 2,057
I agree with Grizz comments. I wouldn't have sold them if I didn't want to try out the pm-1 and he-560. I would place this side-by-side with Denon D7000 as the best that I have heard so far.

eager to hear your impressions on them. As for me I am skipping out on the 560 and pm-1(the pm-2 by the way is supposed to sound the same for less) but probably going for the he400i and pandora again. I also want to know (I dont care if its off topic) how the th600 compares to the d7000. I heard it compares favorably. The 7000 being a fav of yours should mean that the th600 would be great for me along with the pandora. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #311 of 2,057
eager to hear your impressions on them. As for me I am skipping out on the 560 and pm-1(the pm-2 by the way is supposed to sound the same for less) but probably going for the he400i and pandora again. I also want to know (I dont care if its off topic) how the th600 compares to the d7000. I heard it compares favorably. The 7000 being a fav of yours should mean that the th600 would be great for me along with the pandora. 

I can answer the question about the 7000 compared to the 600. Grizz, they are pretty much clones of each other. Now my 7000 has Lawton mods and the 600 was brand-new and an audition copy and I went back-and-forth on all kinds of different music out of my vintage amps and basically the same sound which is amazing and awesome bass.

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #312 of 2,057
I can answer the question about the 7000 compared to the 600. Grizz, they are pretty much clones of each other. Now my 7000 has Lawton mods and the 600 was brand-new and an audition copy and I went back-and-forth on all kinds of different music out of my vintage amps and basically the same sound which is amazing and awesome bass.

oh wow the same after modded huh...Well tomorrow I will have to go off memory to compare them to the pandora. Cant wait. How amp picky are they? The pandora isnt that scalable. I know they dont require much power. I will expect them to have tighter bass than the pandora with the same slam/punch and better isntrument separation/imaging/soundstage/detail with mids,speed,transparency,highs smoothness going to the pandora.

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #313 of 2,057
I don't think you'll have any problems driving the Fostex and I doubt they'll be amp picky... of course, if you have a warm-ish amp, then more power to you! (I like my modded D5000s with the Burson Soloist). :)

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #314 of 2,057
  I don't think you'll have any problems driving the Fostex and I doubt they'll be amp picky... of course, if you have a warm-ish amp, then more power to you! (I like my modded D5000s with the Burson Soloist). :)

yeah my amp can hold up some legs pretty well. Its not the most expensive but performs above its price and has a decent soundstage too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back