REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else
Aug 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #2,043 of 2,117
I have been learning that many of the sources online are not authorized to sell Westone products.  Emailed the company and they directed me to http://www.westone.com/unauthorized-music-dealers.  

Would welcome suggestions for the best sources to buy a pair of UM3X.

Thank you!

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #2,045 of 2,117
Westone 3 is very bassy and has the best sound stage out of the all the IEMs I tried so far, great for watching movie on laptops or such.

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #2,046 of 2,117

Quote:
Westone 3 is very bassy and has the best sound stage out of the all the IEMs I tried so far, great for watching movie on laptops or such.

You might want to try the IE8s...more bass and even better sound staging. But overall, I still prefer the W3s.

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #2,047 of 2,117

Quote:
You might want to try the IE8s...more bass and even better sound staging. But overall, I still prefer the W3s.

Actually I mean the W3 has a bit too much bass to my liking.  But I certainly enjoy the soundstage, which is the reason why I got it the first place.  

I was actually considering the IE8 a while ago.  How is the resolution on those?  I feel like this is the area that W3 could have done better.

Aug 13, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #2,048 of 2,117

Quote:
Actually I mean the W3 has a bit too much bass to my liking.  But I certainly enjoy the soundstage, which is the reason why I got it the first place.  

I was actually considering the IE8 a while ago.  How is the resolution on those?  I feel like this is the area that W3 could have done better.

For less and more neutral bass with more resolution and transparency, I'd recommend you check out either the SE535 or Westone 4.

Aug 13, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #2,049 of 2,117

Quote:

Not sure what your source is but when I had W3 with Ipod product I used the "treble booster" setting.  It really tamed down the bass while giving incredible amount of undistorted treble detail with a huge soundstage.  I don't see a single criteria where IE8 is better than W3.

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #2,050 of 2,117
I just Love the W3. Lately I'm using them with the Comply Ts series. The whole set up reminds of when I had a Killer Car stereo with Boston Acoustics around the horn I hardly ever mess with the Sony's EQ on it, and when I do I always find myself going back to flat

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #2,055 of 2,117

Quote:
Awww, its nice to see the W3 get so much love!
You like it more than the W4? You probably mentioned that somewhere in this thread... or the W4 thread...

Can't speak for HPA, but I've owned the W3s and currently own the W4s, no doubt to my ears that the W4s are the better IEM and more transparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back