REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else
Dec 6, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #421 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's very unfortunate.... So you have this anti-sibilance (maybe?) issue. What's your take on the Westone 3 as a whole?

Westone 3's.
Musical.
Double edged sword.

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #422 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beardy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems to me that until you make your final decision, you're going to drive yourself to the brink of insanity.

Don't worry, I'm already there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone 3's.
Musical.
Double edged sword.

Fair enough.

Dec 7, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #423 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry, I'm already there.

Fair enough.

Buy them already! If you don't like them I'll pay you $10 to ship them back to the seller if they have a return policy.
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #425 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad my country doesnt have any return policy of sort. Otherwise i will just end up wasting hundreds trying all top of the line universal iem
biggrin.gif

Takper. Beli jer. Pandai pandai le jaga.
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #426 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Takper. Beli jer. Pandai pandai le jaga.
tongue.gif

Negative. Dompet tak benarkan T_T

Anyway, is there any method to reduce sibilance beside changing tips?

Anyone using triple.fi and W3? Which has more sibilance? I cant heard any in tf10p.

Dec 7, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #427 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Negative. Dompet tak benarkan T_T

Anyway, is there any method to reduce sibilance beside changing tips?

Anyone using triple.fi and W3? Which has more sibilance? I cant heard any in tf10p.

Alamak. Lol.

And to the first question.
EQ EQ EQ.
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #428 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Buy them already! If you don't like them I'll pay you $10 to ship them back to the seller if they have a return policy.
tongue.gif

Lol.... I have a hard time taking money from people in real life much less take $10 from someone I've never met
biggrin.gif

I probably will end up ordering the Westone 3. If I like them more than my SE530, which would be crazy awesome, I'll keep it.... But mark my words, the second Shure releases a true 3-way earphone (or something better), I will order. No ridiculous review reading. I'll be the judge.

Dec 7, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #429 of 2,117
yes this is fairly high opn my mind as well. It cant be long before shure release another IEM; as its been a number of years since the SE530 was released. and they must me in development. but I cant let that stifle my progress; (at least I hope its progress)

Dec 7, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #431 of 2,117
The Westone 3's came in today. I ran with them for two hours and let me tell you...HOLY ****!

Isolation is unreal; I felt disoriented while jogging, but in a good way

The bass is fantastic.

Even at max volume the Westone 3 still manages to withstand absolute clarity and silkiness, no matter how "rough" the track is.

Its comfort is nonexistent because I forget they're EVEN ON!!!

When it comes to appreciation, I really have to thank the Head-Fi community for their relentless passion with audio. This purchase would not have been possible without this community, thank you!

Dec 7, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #432 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beardy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Westone 3's came in today. I ran with them for two hours and let me tell you...HOLY ****!

Isolation is unreal; I felt disoriented while jogging, but in a good way

The bass is fantastic.

Even at max volume the Westone 3 still manages to withstand absolute clarity and silkiness, no matter how "rough" the track is.

Its comfort is nonexistent because I forget they're EVEN ON!!!

When it comes to appreciation, I really have to thank the Head-Fi community for their relentless passion with audio. This purchase would not have been possible without this community, thank you!

what tips were you using?

Dec 7, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #435 of 2,117
They went on, slick as a whistle.

Now they're stuck pretty darn tight.
Any recommendations?

I've been happily listening to the 3's, with Medium Olive Tips (very nice indeed). Was going to try some A/B comparisons with the soft grey silicon and the comply tips, but when I went to remove the Olive tips (rotate to break friction, then twist off - done it a million times on my SE530's) - and they wouldn't budge. Even after enough force to risk breaking the sound tube.
frown.gif

Has anybody here faced / overcome the same problem?
If so, your advice would be deeply appreciated.
(I won't risk breaking these - couldn't stand to be without this sound for the holidays).

They've got to come off sooner, or later...
(worst case, I guess, send them to Westone - but that's a hassle for all concerned).

p0wderh0und?

Oh well, at least the Olives sound fantastic with the 3's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back