REVIEW: WESTONE 3, the ULTIMATE UNIVERSAL IEM vs everything else
Dec 3, 2008 at 1:51 AM Post #182 of 2,117
@ p0wderh0und23 (again on the bottom page of Page 14 of this thread). I PMed you about the registration card problem, because like britishbornazn, I didn't get the registration card...

EDIT: Nor the contents of the instructional packages...

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #183 of 2,117
anyone have any idea how the stocks are going with the deal on ebay??? thinking of doing it this week. and yes I realize its for us residents only, gonna have a friend over there get them for me and borrow them for a couple of weeks as payment for helping me out

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #184 of 2,117
I've been using these all day and I have a few gut feelings:

The mids seem to be a little veiled in a way, a little laid back, possibly due to the smooth sound signature.

The highs don't really sparkle as nicely as other phones such as Etys but I guess that's just how they were designed.

The bass is there and I feel that it overpowers at times, however, still very nice sounding phones.

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:05 AM Post #185 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ p0wderh0und23 (again on the bottom page of Page 14 of this thread). I PMed you about the registration card problem, because like britishbornazn, I didn't get the registration card...

EDIT: Nor the contents of the instructional packages...

Can you PM me again. I just checked and I do not have one from you.

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #186 of 2,117
Great Work with the review Larry
biggrin.gif

It was a nice reading!
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #187 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The mids seem to be a little veiled in a way, a little laid back, possibly due to the smooth sound signature.

The highs don't really sparkle as nicely as other phones such as Etys but I guess that's just how they were designed.

The bass is there and I feel that it overpowers at times, however, still very nice sounding phones.

That sums up very well all the major flaws that I can hear. However, there's something very addictive with these phones, they're very fun and musical and I just can't stop listening.

With the long Comply tips, these are some serious basshead IEMs.
L3000.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #188 of 2,117
Haha. Same! I can't stop listening to them and when I put my UM1s in...ewww...

But yeah the bass is a little overpowering IMO, but it's really NICE bass...

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #190 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the long Comply tips, these are some serious basshead IEMs.
L3000.gif

I'm using the grey soft flexes, they've always been my favorite. I didn't try the comply tips yet but the bass slam is powerful. If anyone listens to The Leaf Album, it sounds very nice with the W3 compared to my q-JAYS. The bass is not overwhelming but it is definitely there and all the details in the highs are there; more detail but not analytical like my q-JAYS. I bet after a few days my q-JAYS will probably seem tinny sounding compared to the Westone 3.

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #191 of 2,117
LOL @kite7!

Your UM1s sound like crap! You sold me defective earphones! Lol...just kidding.

It took like 2 songs with the Westone 3s and I went back to the UM1s to see....oh my....these suck!

Dec 3, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #193 of 2,117
LOL true...it is actually a very amazing thing when one day one piece of equipment sounds pretty good. Then the next day in comparison with something else, it sounds like trash.

If we never tried anything...

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #194 of 2,117
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mids veiled? Nah. Laid back. Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So we're looking at a Sennheiser-like sound signature here?

Not at all really. The Sennheiser most obvious sound signature (with or without veil) make every vocalist sound husky. To my ears of course. Don't know about the how the lows, mids and highs compare though. The only thing I remember from the HD600 and the HD650 is that the vocals coming out of them sound husky.

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #195 of 2,117
Flavio... Thank you for my delivery yesterday of my new Westone 3's I have had about three hours to use them so far and they sound great. I have used RSA's Hornet, ALO's Jumbo Cryo Dock with my Ipod and E5C's by Shure and these them so far to sound better. I am happy with my new purchase and look for many thousands of hours of enjoyment listening to them.

Thanks again...Steven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back