[REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love
Apr 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #181 of 583

Quote:
There should be a few stores on TaoBao (Chinese equal to eBay) that sells GR07. After all, VSONIC is more well known in China than it is oversea. Not really sure about the actual store that sells it though

Ah, thanks - looks like I found a whole bunch there, and they're cheaper too!  Though only by about $10.  Guess I'll have to figure it out from here on in.  Thanks again!

Apr 18, 2011 at 8:21 AM Post #183 of 583

Quote:
how is the soundstage vs DBA-02?

Soundstage is a sure win for GR07. It misses a little bit on the depth but excellent on width and layers. DBA-02 soundstage is quite good but not as good as GR07.

Apr 20, 2011 at 7:55 PM Post #184 of 583

Quote:
There should be a few stores on TaoBao (Chinese equal to eBay) that sells GR07. After all, VSONIC is more well known in China than it is oversea. Not really sure about the actual store that sells it though

http://s.taobao.com/search?q=vsonic+gr07&keyword=&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=item&atype=&tracelog=&sourceId=tb.index

More than just a few, by the looks of it. :p

Looks like I found a store that sells them locally (Qingdao).  I'm gonna head over there today and see if I can pick up a pair, if I have the time.

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #186 of 583
Personally I like JAYS foam the best, though I haven't have any other Comply to try.

Apr 21, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #187 of 583
I just ordered mine from here:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=8538256385

They come with a cute little "commemorative wallet," or so the translator says. :p  (A pleather case, by the looks of it.)  Also a whole bunch of CDs.  Nice deal.  Of course, they only ship to China.

Also, for anyone who's interested, here's the product description for them, translated by Google Translate (this description is the same for every listing on this site):

Quote:
Dynamic GR07 Weisuo top-Ear Headphones ~ to make you wear more comfortable, more perfect sound reduction, VSONIC acoustic R & D team after 3 years and 3 months, constantly overcome difficulties at various levels, continuously improve, and finally listed.
GR07 series HI-END EDITION ear earphones the sound quality of the main requirements for the high HI-FI group designed a stylish and beautiful after the hanging ear headphones, while the shape of the ID concept of tank design strong, CCAW High dynamic drive unit.

Product parameters:

11mm driver unit high dynamic CCAW
Rated impedance
50Ω + / -10%
Sensitivity
≥ 105dB (at500Hz)
Frequency Response
7Hz-30, 000Hz
Degree of distortion
<0.2% 105dB (20μpa)
Poor sound channel
<1dB (at500Hz) ≤ 1.5dB (at 20Hz ~ 12.5KHz)
Rated Power
10mW
Maximum power
50mW
Plugs Specifications
Gold-plated stereo plug 3.5mm 8μ24K
Cable length
1.30M 4 - the biggest 82-core fever nontoxic TPU silver wire ± wire
First, the release of top model VS-R07, using the world's top ultra-high density fiber bio-diaphragm materials, super multi-layer composite technology will be a hundred of biological material as thin as onion skin of the ear melting diaphragm! R07 high quality is the powerful guarantee!

Second, the series has a new ear ear attentive Vsonic first patented technology design ------ all of the current ear plugs, ear ear parts are fixed in the above case, due to the physiological characteristics of each person's ear canal different, the structure of the ear canal size and external factors, leading to a lot of people do not wear ear headphones have a comfortable feeling. Ear part of the design will be activities for the intelligent adaptive multi-angled structure, most people can adapt to the different characteristics of the ear canal to ensure comfortable to wear!

Vsonic moving coil drive unit the company introduced the technical level,

1 million layer diaphragm, high-resolution audio and sound reproduction recognizable.

Different types of polymer material (the thickness of each polymer is less than 0.1μm), compound a few hundred layers to form the diaphragm. The diaphragm is the key to generating high-quality sound structure. Through this structure, to both strengthen the degree of hardness, toughness, and improve the high damping n, to produce high-resolution audio and recognizable sound.
 (N is a value that represents the reduction or elimination of unnecessary and unwanted vibration of the sound amplitude.)

2, by enhancing the magnetic flux density, resulting in high sensitivity of the sound playback.

Neodymium magnets with high magnetic neodymium magnet high magnetic 440kJ/m3 with high energy efficiency, can enhance the sound sensitivity. To reproduce clear midrange to treble effects, and powerful bass.

3, VS-R07 with silver wire to ensure high-fidelity lossless audio signal transmission speed.

Super Silver Wire fever (main core line L / R line per each 40 silver, 82 silver per ground line) makes the ultimate audio signal transmission speeds of up to the highest level of high-speed non-destructive, high-fidelity audio signal to ensure accurate and rapid , lossless transmission. Can reproduce the fine slender sweet treble, clear and mellow tenor, and bass response of high-speed powerful effect.

Brand high-end ear unit Vsonic (Weisuo Nicole) will release a new series of top-Ear Earphones biological diaphragm VS-R07 and the VS-R04PRO.

The release of the top models of 50 European resistance VS-R07, using the world's top hundred ultra-high density multi-layer diaphragm complex biological materials, ultra-high dynamic drive unit technology to a hundred layers of biological material as thin as onion skin of financial ear diaphragm! R07 high quality headphones is a powerful guarantee.

Vsonic (Weisuo Nicole) and a new series of thoughtful design ------ all current ear plugs, ear ear parts are fixed in the above case, because each person's physical characteristics vary, ear Road size and external structure of the factors that lead many people will wear ear headphones uncomfortable feeling.

Vsonic first patented technology, the ear part of the activities designed to be multi-angled structure, most people can adapt to the different characteristics of the ear canal to ensure comfortable to wear!

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #190 of 583
I completed 200 hours of burn-in on GR07 yesterday. I would like to complain to head-fi that somewhere between hours #115 and 200, somebody stole all my sibilance
mad.gif

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #191 of 583

Quote:
I completed 200 hours of burn-in on GR07 yesterday. I would like to complain to head-fi that somewhere between hours #115 and 200, somebody stole all my sibilance
mad.gif

Heh, that's awesome, actually, since that's the only thing you really disliked about them :)  Wonder who stole it?  Me, maybe?  Mwahahahaha!

Looks like they take a LOONG time to burn in... Good to know.  But since I'm not really burning them in but just listening to them as much as I can, it'll probably just ease in on me.  They're already good enough that I'm satisfied, even though I paid 5 times as much as my next best pair and one would think diminishing returns would have gotten to me :)

Apr 21, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #192 of 583
mad.gif

beerchug.gif

NICE. I knew I wasn't the only one who experienced this.. they're probably quite neutral now.. I'd say they're even more neutral than my 003.. if that's even possible.

They're already good enough that I'm satisfied, even though I paid 5 times as much as my next best pair and one would think diminishing returns would have gotten to me :)

I think the point of diminishing returns is $150-200 (excluding the RE0/ZERO IEMs) anyways, so you're getting tremendous bang-for-the-buck w/ the GR07.  Between the GR07, DBA, SB, PR401, & iM-590.. there's really not another IEM I'm considering/wanting to buy.. except for the FX700.. which would serve as my top tier IEM.. but even that I'm holding off on cause I'm quite content with its "little brother," the PR401.

Apr 25, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #194 of 583
GR07 is not going to beat RE0 or ZERO on clarity. It is not meant to be an analytical IEM anyway. But it is not that it doesn't have treble detail, just not the main focus in the overall presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back