[REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love
Apr 2, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #151 of 583
Sibilance on my GR07 has mostly been smoothed out, though mine probably is well over 200hrs at this point. I listened to one of the most sibilance-prone song I have (Sara Bareilles - Bottle It Up) and turn the volume way up. There is still a very small hint of edginess in her vocal but overall it isn't what I would consider to be sibilant sounding anymore.

Apr 2, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #152 of 583
lol,i just received my GR07 accidently.i submitted my order form a week ago but didnt pay but lendmeurears.com still sent it to me accidently with shipping number.
i couldnt resist,so i opened the package and took a listen.5 minutes later i opened my email and searched for any emails by lendmeurears and indeed they sent me an email on the 25th saying they shipped it accidently and would like me to ship it back,cost on them.i sent them an email now telling them i just sent $155 to their paypal account. GR07 is that good.

it sounds neutral,treble is sparkly,bass is strong,deep and punchy and mids are beautiful.soundstage width is excellent,depth..i still dont know yet but i think its not so deep.

bass is a little bit forward,again needs more evaluation.
hints of echoing when listening to trance but not to the extent of ie8.again,i need more time to evaluate it. 
comfort is excellent,reminds me of ie8(its shape too).i am using the stock tips.isolation is mediacore,nothing special like most dyanmics.

overall,excellent purchase and value.i dont feel it is lacking in anyway compared to my jh13.
its strongest point is definatly the bass.
my mc5 should be in the garbage now....seriously,its terrible.i never liked it.
i'll form my final opinions in a few days.

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #153 of 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GR07 is that good.

A happy accident
biggrin.gif

Quote:
my mc5 should be in the garbage now....seriously,its terrible.i never liked it.

Yep, as much as I love my ER6i and ER4P/S, I just couldn't like MC5.

Apr 3, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #154 of 583

Quote:
Yep, as much as I love my ER6i and ER4P/S, I just couldn't like MC5.

x3

A disappointment for my expectations of a DD Ety.

Quote:

overall,excellent purchase and value.i dont feel it is lacking in anyway compared to my jh13.

I'd like to hear you expand on this please.  The JH13 does nothing better?

Apr 3, 2011 at 9:44 AM Post #156 of 583

Quote:
hi all,

can i wear GR07 cable down?

Yes, it can. Just that you need to adjust the nozzle angle and it might looks a bit awkward.

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #158 of 583
Ive been through and tried all the supplied ear tips for the GR07, damn they are all so small!! Im glad the Large Single Flange fit my ears, they sound unreal with a good fit. The double flange come close. I have a bit of trouble sealing a good fit with my left ear canal, it seems to be a lot harder then my right. Finding the angle can be a pain.
After having the DBA, GR07 and RE-262 at once, i know how much a bad fit can play on the SQ. But the DBA had to go, 262 and GR07 do everything for my needs... for now :wink:

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #159 of 583
Did you get it directly from VSonic? If you did, how long did shipping take? I noticed that they were located in China. Would I have to pay any sort of custom fees if I were to order it directly from them?

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #160 of 583

Quote:
Did you get it directly from VSonic? If you did, how long did shipping take? I noticed that they were located in China. Would I have to pay any sort of custom fees if I were to order it directly from them?

lendmeurears.com is the only place to order GR07 currently. I heard there might be another one or two dealers that will pick up GR07 soon.

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #161 of 583

Quote:

I'd like to hear you expand on this please.  The JH13 does nothing better?

sorry for the late response.i didnt mean that they are equal.i just meant that the gr07 has no major flaw in comparison to  jh13.there is no comparison between the two.My previous open backed headphones couldnt rival my jh13,and certainly gro7 isnt in the same race as jh13.

the only "significant" flaws in my book that i find in the vsonic are soundstage depth and height.i am pretty critical when it comes to soundstage in any headphone or iem and few can do soundstage right like jh13 or to some extent ck10.other than that gr 07 is excellent and really deserves more attention 

Apr 9, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #162 of 583
I'm in the process of moving (from Alaska to Washington State) so all my headphones were packed and won't arrive at my new residence for three weeks.  I chose one pair to take with me to use while everything is delivered: The GR07.

I've got over 150 hours on it now & have nothing but praise for them.. like wine, they simply get better with age.  The slightly warmish-leaning nature of the GR07 I experienced out-of-the-box (and for the first 50 hours or so) has worn off & these sound quite neutral through the entire midrange now.  I completely understand now why these could be considered THE dynamic for pro-monitoring.  Very VERY balanced & non-fatiguing.  The treble has gained extension and refined a fair bit.  They've also got some sparkle.  One other thing I noticed is the improvement in instrument separation.  It was damn impressive from the start, but it's really matured at this point and sounds.. high end.  Sorry for a lack of a better to describe it.. bottom line.. it's great.

Simply put, these are incredibly easy phones to listen to, I find them very very comfortable, and I really love their sound signature & detail.  They're smooth more than they are sharp in terms of clarity (which is why they would serve as a great compliment to the DBA).. but do not mistake these for another ordinary pair of dynamics.. they way these present layers in ANY kind of music is simply astonishing and down right hypnotizing.

Again, I can't recommend picking these up enough if you're looking for a balanced, neutral sound.. especially for the price.

Apr 10, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #163 of 583
I'm listening to Walter Trout's "Common Ground" (great blues album) and it sounds stunning with the GR07..  I'm really quite impressed (and surprised) with how well the 07's do bluesy guitar work.. all the things you look for in the midrange/treble in blues is just so well presented.. I was particularly impressed with the timbre, crispness, and depth of the instrumentation and vocals.. there was such  presence and weight behind every part of the music.

Timbre & crispness especially jumped out at me.. for a phone that is supposed to have a smoother, laid back personality (albeit, quite detailed), sizzling guitar work was rendered with eye-opening detail and crispness.. the neutral yet musical nature of this phone kept the guitar work in perfect harmony with the rest of the instruments.

There's many sections of songs on this album which have a lot going on.. driving, pulsating drumwork, relentless cymbals crashing, floor-stomping pianos jamming, soulful singing, deep, rhythmic, funky bass lines.. of course, all led by epic guitar work.. the surprising speed of the GR07 made it all sound so effortless and balanced.  I didn't feel like one part of the music stood out in front of the rest.. it was all in harmony and the GR07's impeccable ability to reveal the layers of instrumentation made for a terrific, listening experience.  Also, with all the mid-range & treble work going on, I was amazed at the utter invisibility of harshness & sibilance.. even turned up to ear splitting levels in treble heavy passages.. I did not experience ANY sibilance.

I didn't mention anything about the bass cause really, there wasn't much to mention (or worry about).. like everything else.. it's well textured, balanced, and weighted perfectly.  Neutrality is the name of the game.. nothing is enhanced, spiked, or recessed, and certainly no midbass humps to be found.  One of those sneaky things which the GR07 reveals with extensive burn in & repeated listens (with good recordings) is just how well tuned the ENTIRE bass range is. It allows for excellent timbre & accuracy from sounds in the upper bass/lower midrange.  It's just really well done and "holds up it's end of the bargain." for lack of a better description.

When listening to a well mixed/mastered album like Common Ground.. especially the second track, Open Book.. all the things that garner the GR07 it's acclaim becomes very apparent.  I was truly blown away listening to that track.. unamped, straight from my new HP EliteBook 2540p. yeah.. wow.  It sounded and (more importantly) FELT.. downright LIVE.  I don't know what that says about my ears, laptop, the GR07, or opinion for that matter..lol.. but it sounded awesome.

Sorry for blabbering on.. but I was impressed enough with this fantastic album & the GR07 that I felt it warranted mention.

I can't stress this enough.. let these burn in for a good 120 hours (as CliOS mentions in his review).. they will TRULY shine and become quite balanced.  At At various times, these phones had sounded neutral-warm, had phases of slight harshness.. in my experience, it was all worked out by hour 130 or so.. reserve your final judgments until then!

Listening to blues, boring is the LAST word I would use to describe the 07.

Apr 11, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #165 of 583
As luck ,I am from China ,in my country The gro7 also got the pretty good judgement,The gr07 have balanced sound , clear bass &good sound stage .But to my surprise,abroad,have someone else pay attention to gr07.Mybe in China ,the vsonic's ceo don't know their product sold overseas.Haw!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back