[REVIEW] VSONIC GR07 – Labor of Love
Mar 30, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #136 of 583

Quote:
Tai, which do you usually use? The real ones or the ebay ones?

If you do use the ebay ones do you have any recommended links?

I have both, but mostly use the clone one since I got quite a few of them on eBay. They are not as good as the real one but overall still pretty good. This is the guy whom most of HF'er get their clone Sony Hybrid from, I believe. Just find the one listed as EP-EX10A

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #139 of 583
GR07's large single flange is actually just slightly larger than the M size Sony Hybrid, so it is hard to tell whether M or L size Sony Hybrid will fit you

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #140 of 583
So I'm curious.  Can the GR07 be said to match the detail and clarity of the DBA?  How bad is isolation on these say compared to the Xcape?

Mar 30, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #142 of 583

Quote:
So I'm curious.  Can the GR07 be said to match the detail and clarity of the DBA?  How bad is isolation on these say compared to the Xcape?

If we were only limits to treble detail, then DBA-02 or even Xcape might be a little better than GR07. After all, treble isn't what GR07 specializes. But taken the rest of the frequency range into account, I think GR07 offers much more detail, especially all the mid and bass texture that are missing  from DBA-02 and Xcape. Those are the kind of things that your won't notice their existence till you hear it on GR07.

Isolation wise, I think it is on par with Xcape.

Quote:
hey clieos-i was just wondering how these compare to the klipsch custom 3's. thanks
FIn

Can't really help you there since I have not heard teh Custom 3 myself. Perhaps other can chime in.

Mar 31, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #143 of 583
Ok i must admit over the past days ive fallen in love with both the RE-262 aswell as the GR07. The 262 sound amazing with Blues/Reggae! May of spoken to soon about them being a little lower then the GR07! Both are fabulous! :)

Quote:
You can try Sony Style. Some time they stock it as replacement parts. Tell them you lost the 'earbuds on your EX700 and like to get replacement parts for it. Not cheap though, the real stuff is more expensive than the clone one on eBay.

The thing about RE262 is that it is more picky on source / amp. If you can get the synergy just right, it sounds great. If it isn't perfect, then GR07 has the upper hand - though neither really sound bad from a decent source.

Apr 1, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #146 of 583

Quote:
^ I do. Mine is about 50-60 hrs burned in. Hoping that completing 100 hours would reduce it at least a bit.

I see your IEM collection is quite expansive, hopefully you can give some insight on how the mids are on the GR07.  To be more specific which earphone in your collection most closely sounds like the VSONICS midrange.  Everything I've heard points towards balanced, but some believe the RE-0 to be balanced(which I find bass light, slightly recessed and dry mids, with bright extended highs). 

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #147 of 583
If you don't mind waiting, I'd like to answer your question on midrange a little later. As of now, GR07's signature has not exactly sunk in for me to compare from memory. Secondly, all I can think right now is 'if only sibilance is tamed a bit more, I'd like it'. Let me get 100 hours burn-in out of the way. May be others can chip in.

As for balance, GR07 is well and truly balanced. There are many balanced IEMs out there that either roll-off early lacking a sub-bass presence or does not have the required bass quantity and/or impact to handle genres which require them. GR07 is not like them. It is not V-Shaped either. If any, GR07 lacks the sizzle up top, but I don't find it to be lacking.

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #148 of 583
There are 1) balance in sound signature, 2) balance in overall tonality, and 3) balance in naturality - and they are all different from each other. RE0 is closer to (2) and GR07 is closer to (3) IMO, and shouldn't be confused as the same kind of 'balance'.

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #149 of 583
BTW, a little advice on burn-in since everyone does it differently: If you generally do burn-in in low or normal listening volume, I will suggest you rise the volume up in the last 10 hours or so to the level when you consider to be uncomfortable to listen. Just make sure you didn't detect any distortion. This usually helps to speed up the burn-in process for those harder to burn-in IEM.

Apr 2, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #150 of 583
^ I do. Mine is about 50-60 hrs burned in. Hoping that completing 100 hours would reduce it at least a bit.

Hey you're the guy that wrote that excellent impression of GR07 on techenclave (I saw it there haven't check here), lol your review is what prompted me to ask here about the sibilance, since I can't stand it, much so on an IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back