[REVIEW] Sunrise - A Brand New Day
Sep 2, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #32 of 56
vamos Vietnam!
smile_phones.gif

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #34 of 56
From what I was told they should be new products, but I'll have to ask Sunrise to confirm it.

Sep 14, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #36 of 56
Sunrise Xcape!

Missed the delivery yesterday so got them today.  Burning-in atm w/ first impressions to follow tomorrow.

Build wise, very similar to the RE0 w/o the knurl finish.  More tapered housing toward the nozzle.  Not sure yet if it helps w/ seal and isolation but I got an insanely tight seal w/ these and some M11 bi flanges, which oddly enough are the same ones that come included but a bit stiffer.  I actually had to pop the edge on the seal because pulling straight out was exerting substantial vacuum on my ears.  Typical generic rubbery cable almost exact to that of the M1.  The cable slider is generic and cheap simple rubber disc w/ holes for left and right cables but it works much better than the HJE900 at staying put.  

Sep 17, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #38 of 56
Oct 30, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #39 of 56
How does the Xcape compare with the RE-Zero? You compared both the Xcape and RE-Zero to the RE0, and from the looks of it they sound like they would be similar. How do the compare directly with each other?

Oct 30, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #40 of 56
Quote:
How does the Xcape compare with the RE-Zero? You compared both the Xcape and RE-Zero to the RE0, and from the looks of it they sound like they would be similar. How do the compare directly with each other?

ZERO is a bit more open and U shaped FR curve compared to Xcape's more mid centric, sweeter vocal sound (*relatively speaking). ZERO sounds more dynamic. Xcape has surprisingly deep bass though quantitatively less than ZERO. Xcape is also more difficult to drive (32ohm) compared to ZERO (16ohm).

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #41 of 56
ZERO is a bit more open and U shaped FR curve compared to Xcape's more mid centric, sweeter vocal sound (*relatively speaking). ZERO sounds more dynamic. Xcape has surprisingly deep bass though quantitatively less than ZERO. Xcape is also more difficult to drive (32ohm) compared to ZERO (16ohm).

Interesting, this may be a cheaper alternative to the e-Q7 if I am reading your impressions correctly. Would you say so yourself? (If not exactly, atleast closer than the ZERO is?)

Oct 30, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #43 of 56
Quote:
Interesting, this may be a cheaper alternative to the e-Q7 if I am reading your impressions correctly. Would you say so yourself? (If not exactly, atleast closer than the ZERO is?)

I think you will probably find ZERO being closer to e-Q7 for the openness of the sound. Xcape is a bit more neutral in the regard. Actually I don't really think of them both as exact alternative of e-Q7. They both have partial signature that similar to e-Q7, but still different enough.

Quote:
hmm less subbass than the Zeros....

A bit less in quantity, but more in extension.

Oct 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #44 of 56
I think something like the e-Q7 won't have a cheaper alternative unless you look at the same type of driver. Maybe the e-Q5 will fit the bill but the type of texture that the e-Q7 has to go along with the speed and midrange is something I haven't found in others. I haven't heard the GR8 or GR10 and I suspect the GR10 may be similar but that is not a cheaper alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back