[REVIEW] Sunrise - A Brand New Day
Apr 17, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #48 of 56
If we were to compare the forwardness of presenting detail, then PR401 is better than any of the Xcape. This is what makes PR401 sounds more lively and fun. Xcape on the other hand always have a more laid back presentation, but at the same time it also renders space better than PR401. Simply by the amount of detail, I'll say PR401 is ahead. But in regard to how the detail is resolved and layered out, the original Xcape is better. I think the major difference is on how detail is presented -  more aggressive and upfront vs. more laid back and spacious.

Apr 18, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #49 of 56
mmm. a bad point for the xcape. and im not that crazy about the flat cable of the 401, with no over the ear and more mircophonics
still, do you know if the xcape ver1 are still available?

Apr 18, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #50 of 56
I wear the PR401 over-the-ear w/o a problem.. in fact, that's the only way I wear them.. may not work for everyone, though..

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #51 of 56

Quote:
I wear the PR401 over-the-ear w/o a problem.. in fact, that's the only way I wear them.. may not work for everyone, though..

yup, thats why im concerned... specially with me being too sensible which everything that gets over my ear
but still i'll consider the 401 as an option of my next iem list (hoping the pl50 will arrive soon
popcorn.gif
)

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #52 of 56
You can still wear PR401 over-the-ear, just need to find a way secure the cable since there isn't any chin slider, or else the cable might come loose when you move around.

Haven't really keep track of the places that sell Xcape v1, but I think someone mentioned that there are some on eBay.

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #54 of 56

Users who are viewing this thread

Back