Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Feb 3, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #1,877 of 2,566

I have so many jokes available on Lee inserting large objects in smaller sockets, but it would be to his advantage, so I will pass.

Well, then, let's just make do with a respectable illustration, shall we?
wink_face.gif

Feb 8, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #1,879 of 2,566
After several days. I found out that ZX1 pushes SE5's mid a bit more than it should, which I believe might be a result of lacking power, so the bass and treble energy isn't enough to place the mid correctly enough. Or it's just a little bit mid forward.  

But overall it's still a super DAP for SE5, plus the EQ is actually very useful.
I can use it to get rid of the very last bits of non-neutralness of SE5. The frequency band is right at on point~ Also the clear bass function is awesome too. It only adds bass below 150 hz.....that's very good for increasing bass impact without adding any to the mid region.

To whom that have ZX1, have a try (if your SE5 happens to sound like mine
biggrin.gif
).
-2 at 2500 Hz, +1 at 6000 Hz. This setting with SE5 can be described as the closest to the most accurate sound signature I would required from a earphone for my taste

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #1,881 of 2,566
I agree, I thought the Clear+ option to be quite enjoyable. It is a very clean sounding boost which is rare. I also hear it the same way, especially when I compared it to the HM-901. I don't think it has to do with power, but more so the aggressive type sound from the ZX1. It has a energetic, lively type sound which is why I feel it pairs pretty well with most darker sounding (C)IEMs. The Calyx M is now back on my radar with all the additions they've made, so I'm looking forward to putting it up against the ZX1.

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #1,883 of 2,566
Are there any SE5 owners lucky enough to also have the JH Roxanne or Noble KAISER 10 to compare? Have either been able to knock the SE5 off it's throne? 

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #1,884 of 2,566
  Are there any SE5 owners lucky enough to also have the JH Roxanne or Noble KAISER 10 to compare? Have either been able to knock the SE5 off it's throne? 

I have both coming...but the wait is endless, will let you know for sure when I get them. But from the impressions and comparison from my friends, the answer it no~ 

Feb 10, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #1,886 of 2,566
Yes, sorry I should say my friends still preferred SE5 after owning JH24 and K10 :wink:

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #1,887 of 2,566
  Yes, sorry I should say my friends still preferred SE5 after owning JH24 and K10 :wink:

I would be very interested to hear your comparative thoughts as well once you get them as well as any details as to your conclusions. In fact, seeing that you also own the NT6 I would be doubly interested to know your comparative thoughts on those as well since I have the NT6 Pro making me familiar with the signature. Do you plan on doing a formal review or should I contact you via PM?

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,888 of 2,566
  I have both coming...but the wait is endless, will let you know for sure when I get them. But from the impressions and comparison from my friends, the answer it no~ 

I didn't know you had the K10 coming in. Since VZ said it's the best thing since sliced bread, I am quite eager to hear someone else compare it with SE and NT6....

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #1,890 of 2,566

I didn't know you had the K10 coming in. Since VZ said it's the best thing since sliced bread, I am quite eager to hear someone else compare it with SE and NT6....

Neither of them is coming in any time soon at all~ so I am not really eager to hear them :wink: 
  I would be very interested to hear your comparative thoughts as well once you get them as well as any details as to your conclusions. In fact, seeing that you also own the NT6 I would be doubly interested to know your comparative thoughts on those as well since I have the NT6 Pro making me familiar with the signature. Do you plan on doing a formal review or should I contact you via PM?

Hi, I will compare in NT6 thread or let you know via PM. but like I said, don't expect them to happen very soon :p Both companies have tons of orders to deal with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back