Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution? (Review posted 5/15/12)
Feb 17, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #1,893 of 2,566
I did not try the 846 long enough to compare extensively. What I can say is that 846 bass has more impact / quantity whereas the SE5 is closer to neutrality (the SE5 is not neutral, it has more bass than say, the NT6). The 846 bass is not "too much" though as it is still controlled, and less in quantity than 335 for instance.  From what I remember 846 bass was quite refined too, but could not compare.

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #1,896 of 2,566
  I did not try the 846 long enough to compare extensively. What I can say is that 846 bass has more impact / quantity whereas the SE5 is closer to neutrality (the SE5 is not neutral, it has more bass than say, the NT6). The 846 bass is not "too much" though as it is still controlled, and less in quantity than 335 for instance.  From what I remember 846 bass was quite refined too, but could not compare.

From what I remember 846 bass was quite refined too, but could not compare.

Aww ok, gotcha now. :p. I was going based off of this though. My bad.

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #1,898 of 2,566
I actually want to get a bassy iem, and I am currently hesitating between the 335, the EM32 and the 846.

You have a possibility to get 335, go for it. I will probably stick with EM32 cuz FitEar is unavailable to me.

Other options might be Noble 8C (successor of 8A, which is a basshead ciem apparently). I know Lee hates 8A but who knows, maybe Dr Moulton did something really extraordinary with 8C. Also if you don't like, you can sell it back because of the transfer system.

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #1,901 of 2,566
Doubt it. But if and when I go to Hong Kong one day I just might. Or if I do a trip over to Japan that is :). I'm also interested in the 435. But at this point in time I'm really set. Just want the TU-05 and the X5.

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #1,902 of 2,566
Focus from what I have heard with the SE846, with white filter, they sound not bassy but more or less bright with a good impact on low. The extension is not comparable with the EM32, neither the clarity and the level of details ;-/

The 335 seem to be pretty amazing but there 2 models.The DW one were not amazing according to some friends in France who tried them, especially compared with the EM32 (thank you bookmarks if you read me ;-/ ). Quite the opposite for the SR model that is absolutely incredible, but more expensive too. They share the same sound philosophy than the EM32 but it's more airy and easier to focus on details. Mickael, if you want to know more on EM32 vs. 335SR you can ask bookmarks on Tellement Nomade. But you can't compare SE846 with EM32, it's not the same league though the same budget.

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #1,903 of 2,566
  Focus from what I have heard with the SE846, with white filter, they sound not bassy but more or less bright with a good impact on low. The extension is not comparable with the EM32, neither the clarity and the level of details ;-/

The 335 seem to be pretty amazing but there 2 models.The DW one were not amazing according to some friends in France who tried them, especially compared with the EM32 (thank you bookmarks if you read me ;-/ ). Quite the opposite for the SR model that is absolutely incredible, but more expensive too. They share the same sound philosophy than the EM32 but it's more airy and easier to focus on details. Mickael, if you want to know more on EM32 vs. 335SR you can ask bookmarks on Tellement Nomade. But you can't compare SE846 with EM32, it's not the same league though the same budget.

I thought EM32 had more treble presence than 335DW (not SR).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back