[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Dec 28, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #1,576 of 3,824
Quote:
Can anyone comment on if these are MH1C?

They look exactly the same, but I think they might be a different model.

Those are just the MH1Cs in their full retail package, which comes with extra set of colored tips, etc. The ones that people were buying for ~$20 to $30 are bulk package ones what comes in a cheap plastic bag only.

Dec 28, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #1,578 of 3,824
Question about the ELE DAC, does it matter, sound quality wise, what USB cable I use?
I'm using some old cable from a USB modem I had back in 2005...

No, in the real world the USB cable doesn't matter. It's a digital signal and is only sending 0's and 1's.

It is debatable though! So run as fast as you can like I'm going too! :p

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #1,579 of 3,824
Quote:
Question about the ELE DAC, does it matter, sound quality wise, what USB cable I use?
I'm using some old cable from a USB modem I had back in 2005...

I've heard both sides on this one. More so than not though people say the USB cord does make a difference. I guess it just like the burn-in debate, you won't know till you try it.

Dec 29, 2012 at 5:56 AM Post #1,580 of 3,824
Though I'm sure it's been said a thousand times before, these are ridiculously good value for money. OOTB they remind me of my dearly missed FXT90s, with a ton more bass. Very engaging sig, and perfect for metal. Although the FXD80s are clearly more refined, the MHCs make then sound positvely polite, and dare I say it, boring.

I can see all my other universals going up fs very soon!

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #1,584 of 3,824
The listing on eBay for two pairs at $32 sold within 10 minutes of each other and the main listing that people have bought from went up to $43.90 from $39.90 during this day alone. :/ Kind of discouraging, actually...

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #1,585 of 3,824
I feel like I'm not as impressed with these IEMs as I should be. They're not bad, but I feel like they should better. This leads me to 2 questions:

How significant is the improvement after burn-in?
Will the ELE make a huge difference with the sound?

On a positive note the stage is SO wide! That and there is something I like about the mids, but I just can't lay my finger on it.

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #1,586 of 3,824
Sent mine in to be made into customs. Fit wasn't really an issue, but I had less isolation than I'd like, and due to the ports the sound leakage was bothering my wife. 

I didn't procede with this in order to hype the headphones, it was more a curiosity for me to see how a custom dynamic turns out. Probably a big waste of money, but as they won't likely get used otherwise like my TF10's which I had customized for the same reasons. 

The cable was most of the final reasoning. Routing the cable behind my ear wasn't bad except for the stupid control box. 

I'll post pics and impressions, I expect the soundstage and bass will be diminished. Banzai 

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #1,587 of 3,824
Quote:
Sent mine in to be made into customs. Fit wasn't really an issue, but I had less isolation than I'd like, and due to the ports the sound leakage was bothering my wife. 

I didn't procede with this in order to hype the headphones, it was more a curiosity for me to see how a custom dynamic turns out. Probably a big waste of money, but as they won't likely get used otherwise like my TF10's which I had customized for the same reasons. 

The cable was most of the final reasoning. Routing the cable behind my ear wasn't bad except for the stupid control box. 

I'll post pics and impressions, I expect the soundstage and bass will be diminished. Banzai 

Do post back. I am rather interested to see a custom MH1.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #1,588 of 3,824

I'm willing to make them into customs just to get rid of that annoying cable haha.

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #1,590 of 3,824
I'd like to make my re-0 in customs, maybe I could use mh1c driver as a woofer and make it dual driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back