[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Dec 23, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,546 of 3,824
Quote:
Quick Q: I'm new to IEM's and while I enjoy the sound from the MH1's I'm really having a hard time getting a reliable seal/fit with the tips. The large ones fit the best and don't pop out but I lose some of the bass with these. The Medium tips seem to seal well but fairly easily come out while walking or some moving. If the cable isn't in just the right place the left earpiece pops out by itself. The small tips seem to seal well enough but I can always 'feel' them almost pushing in my ear canal. They're not hurting and I've not pushed them in too far but I'm just very aware they're there. They seal but don't feel 'comfortable'.

I'm wearing the earphones in the intended position with the right hand earphone around the back of my neck and with them down, not over the ears.

How do I find a reliable fit that keeps the seal well during movement/exercise with these tips?

Join the club, The MH1c as nice as it is, is somewhat hard to get a good seal from. The best I could manage is to make sure that there is enough slack on the right hand earphone so it doesn't pull on the rest of the earphone.
other people have suggested to wear them over the ear which is a little uncomfortable since it's a flat cable. If you're into DIY then try replacing the Jcord to a simpler Y junction

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #1,547 of 3,824
so weird i'm amazed at the seal i get from them wearing over-ear though i have to have the cable in front of my neck so it doesn't pop off my right ear so easily.

the eartips are starting to pop off in my ears like with so many other IEMs i had.

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #1,548 of 3,824
I just got to test the Apple Earpods. Obviously it holds not a candle to the MH1C (albeit a bit more natural and soundstage) but it doesn't have driver flex issues and because it is not a tip silicon type of earphone, it also behaves like a headphone to irregular ears like mine. I actually prefer it. It doesn't sound as good but it is much easier to use and fits my ears better to an extent. It will fall out easier but the sound doesn't change due to fit issues.

Dec 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #1,549 of 3,824
Nick n hooked me up with a pair,and they sound phenomenal,they can play/pause,forward and backtrack on the nexus s,cable is kinda crap,but perhaps a recable one day,did anyone get the remote to work with the ipod touch 4g or ipad 2?

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #1,552 of 3,824
For me 'volume up' is previous track and 'volume down' is next track. The center button is the Pause/Play button and that back arrow button does nothing. The mic also works for me too; I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #1,554 of 3,824
Just got these and only can compare to Sennheiser CX300II and another ~400 something model Sennheiser IEM (not counting Apple buds and normal headphones) but they definitely bring a different sound than I'm used to. I'd say they are definitely warm with full bass, though I feel like that comes with a "muffled" effect. I mean it's clean, just no "pow" or upper range that makes the song come alive. I do love how they aren't as harsh as my Sennheisers (especially the cheap 400 model ones) but it seems to come at a cost.

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #1,556 of 3,824
Thanks for the review. My main question:

Can the remote control buttons be used to fast forward and rewind (two or three taps on the iPhone) an audio track in the native player or on the Audible app? I want to listen to audio books. Thanks.

Edit: to see how to fast forward and rewind on an iPhone see page 31: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iphone_user_guide.pdf

Use the center button to control music playback:
• Fast-forward: Press the center button twice quickly and hold.
• Rewind: Press the center button three times quickly and hold.

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #1,557 of 3,824
Yes please, cables are fine for me but I want to recable anyway just for fun, possibly with fiio rc-ue1 but I do not want to damage the phone itself tearing apart. Cable suggestions would be good too but I do not want to spend $100 on a cable for $30 headphones.

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #1,558 of 3,824
Thanks for the review. My main question:

Can the remote control buttons be used to fast forward and rewind (three taps on the iPhone) an audio track in the native player or on the Audible app? I want to listen to audio books. Thanks.

Won't work at all on my iPhone 5

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #1,559 of 3,824

Won't work at all on my iPhone 5

Really?

How about...

To see how to fast forward and rewind on an iPhone see page 31: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iphone_user_guide.pdf

Use the center button to control music playback:
• Fast-forward: Press the center button twice quickly and hold.
• Rewind: Press the center button three times quickly and hold.

It should work, doesn't it?

Dec 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #1,560 of 3,824
You can press and hold middle button to bring up suri but that is only thing it will do for iPhone 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back