[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Dec 31, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #1,591 of 3,824
I guess us UK'ites are lucky - I got mine for a mere £12.

After a good bit of burn in I've given into the fact that these are bass monsters, at least relative to my preferences. Far from being a negative, I'm actually enjoying the recklessness. They're probably the only phones I've heard that quantitatively exceed the 3 dedicated bass drivers of my AUD-5X.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #1,592 of 3,824
Has anyone gotten phonies buying on Ebay?

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #1,593 of 3,824
Quote:
The listing on eBay for two pairs at $32 sold within 10 minutes of each other and the main listing that people have bought from went up to $43.90 from $39.90 during this day alone. :/ Kind of discouraging, actually...

Are you serious? $44 for a good pair of IEMs is discouraging?

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #1,594 of 3,824
I just discovered why I wasn't impressed with these IEMs: I didn't have the seal right. These are some of the most picky ones I've ever had to deal with. It really felt like I had a perfect seal, but I kept messing with it and hit a sweet spot. These headphones sound SO good, they definitely need an amp though. Mainly just for volume.

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #1,597 of 3,824
Quote:
It is when the cable ruins them.

I haven't got mine yet but I understand that he mic/volume control doesn't work on an iPhone 5. I'm buying them for the sound so why is that a problem? (I admit I haven't read all 107 pages of this thread so I may have missed something)

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #1,598 of 3,824
I haven't got mine yet but I understand that he mic/volume control doesn't work on an iPhone 5. I'm buying them for the sound so why is that a problem? (I admit I haven't read all 107 pages of this thread so I may have missed something)

A lot of people have complained about the weight of it and the fact that it's a J cord. I have no problems with it, but I'm one of the very few.

Jan 2, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #1,599 of 3,824
Anyone know if that dude who was getting custom fitted got back with results and...
Are Comply tips worth getting and, it so, what size/type?

Jan 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #1,600 of 3,824
The cable also has imbalance issues. After 1-2 hours of use the right side loses volume and you have to stop using it for a few hours for it to fix itself.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #1,602 of 3,824
Quote:
Comply told me that their tips won't work perfectly on them. But i've seen ppl using T300 on them. To me, stock tips are sufficient for me.

Sony's stock tips are awesome.

Quote:
A lot of people have complained about the weight of it and the fact that it's a J cord. I have no problems with it, but I'm one of the very few.

Seal is great with stock tips for me. If you are just sitting the cable might be fine but there is a lot of cable noise if you move around. Also being a stiff flat cable gets in the way to often. The J-Cord is annoying as it shortens the length and I just don't like them. I will be attempting a recable possibly tonight.

Jan 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #1,603 of 3,824
Quote:
The cable also has imbalance issues. After 1-2 hours of use the right side loses volume and you have to stop using it for a few hours for it to fix itself.

Is a common issue with the iPhone 5?

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,605 of 3,824
Let me reword my question. All I care about is the sound. Does anyone use these with an iPhone 5 without any sound/balance problems (never mind whether the controls work or not because I don't care)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back