[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Nov 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #1,276 of 3,824
Quote:
Quote:
Ebay.
http://myworld.ebay.com.hk/e-vango?ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:US:1181
Edit: After not using them for 3 hours it went away. Weird.

evango is fine, I got 2 pairs from him and no problem at all. Could be a manufacturing defect..

It hasn't happened again. I've really been enjoying these MH1. I also find them a lot more comfortable than the V-Sonic, but that's mostly due to the tips. None of the V-Sonic tips fit my ears comfortably. I think I'll get another pair of these Sony's and use those tips on my GR06 since I'm too lazy to replace them everytime I switch IEMs.

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #1,277 of 3,824
There are two standards for wiring an extra mic to phones. One happens to have the mic contact where the other's ground contact is and vice versa. Holding the call button down shorts the mic to ground, making the device function like a normal micless phone thus you will get correct sound. There are CTIA to OMTP adapters you can buy to switch between the two standards. I recommend buying the Philips SHE3595. You get one of these adapters in the pack. And a free pair of great sounding iems to go with it :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #1,278 of 3,824
A fter long wait, received them few days ago. Sounds really great, but the cable drives me crazy. I use them outside, walking moving etc. they just keep falling off my ears! I try to put them as deep as I can, no difference. Sometimes it is enough just to turn my head and I feel them loosy. I received them with medium tips, no S/L.
Can anyone recommend any replacement tips that fit these? That would be available worldwide on ebay? I have a few Denon IEM's, but the tips does not fit MH1C. Weird that all of you just find it perfect tips that fits great. But my ears just doesn't accept it. 
Help me! I want that amazing sound sitting comfortable in my ears not worrying about not moving my head!

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #1,279 of 3,824
Quote:
A fter long wait, received them few days ago. Sounds really great, but the cable drives me crazy. I use them outside, walking moving etc. they just keep falling off my ears! I try to put them as deep as I can, no difference. Sometimes it is enough just to turn my head and I feel them loosy. I received them with medium tips, no S/L.
Can anyone recommend any replacement tips that fit these? That would be available worldwide on ebay? I have a few Denon IEM's, but the tips does not fit MH1C. Weird that all of you just find it perfect tips that fits great. But my ears just doesn't accept it. 
Help me! I want that amazing sound sitting comfortable in my ears not worrying about not moving my head!

I am suffering from the same syndrome. 

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #1,280 of 3,824
Quote:

Best way is to use a shirt clip on these. They help a lot in keeping the tips as well as cable intact. Let the right earphone go around the neck, balance left and right wires to be equal, keep the shirtclip somewhere below the intersection, works great even with running and insert the eartips as shown for etymotic earphones for best fit

I find the tips on MH1C to be the best with MH1C.

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #1,281 of 3,824
I had that same problem at first. Just attached the included shirt clip at the junction of the two cables and clip it to a shirt or jacket right beneath the left ear. For some reason, I didn't get a good seal at first. But, with time- they just started staying in better. Microphonics is there. But, the clip and putting the cable of the right piece behind my right ear mitigates ALOT of it.

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #1,283 of 3,824
Hello, I just want to know whether these earphone are compatible with any mp3 players or not, I personally want to use it with my cowon S9, will it work with the cowon S9, I contacted the seller in ebay, they said it is not compatible with laptop, does this means it is also not compatible with my mp3 player?

Thank you ClieOS for this wonderfull review, I read it yesterday, and coudnt resist the temptation to register here and post the question, I just want to buy those. :)

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #1,284 of 3,824
Quote:
Hello, I just want to know whether these earphone are compatible with any mp3 players or not, I personally want to use it with my cowon S9, will it work with the cowon S9, I contacted the seller in ebay, they said it is not compatible with laptop, does this means it is also not compatible with my mp3 player?

Thank you ClieOS for this wonderfull review, I read it yesterday, and coudnt resist the temptation to register here and post the question, I just want to buy those. :)

When you say 'compatible' do you mean will you be control you devices with the IEMs? I don't know of any phones that control a computer. Will you be able to listen to any of the devices you listed the answer is yes as long as they have a headphone jack.

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #1,286 of 3,824
Quote:

I have the same problem even wearing it correctly (J cord style)
Quote:
I had that same problem at first. Just attached the included shirt clip at the junction of the two cables and clip it to a shirt or jacket right beneath the left ear. For some reason, I didn't get a good seal at first. But, with time- they just started staying in better. Microphonics is there. But, the clip and putting the cable of the right piece behind my right ear mitigates ALOT of it.

I already do that but it still loses after a bit. Gets loose and the sound gets thin. After every 10 steps while walking. It is very annoying. I can see how they may have thought of the J Cord design but it is highly impracticle. A regular Y cord with around ear cable guide and clips would have been better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back