[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jan 18, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #1,711 of 3,824
Quote:
I keep reading people saying things like:  the MH-1/MH-1c is good... for $20. 
Seriously, I hate it when people make assenine comments just to hear themselves talk. How about someone telling me a headphone for $100 or less that can touch these? 

BTW, when I ask for someone to tell me a headphone for < $100  that can touch these...I mean: 
Tell me a headphone for < $100 that can touch these for shear fun and listening enjoyment. (And spare me the audiophile crap please. After 20 years of chasing the audiophile dream I discovered that the very best pro studio equipment will flat out embarrass anything in the audiophile world under 100k).

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #1,712 of 3,824
Quote:

BTW, when I ask for someone to tell me a headphone for < $100  that can touch these...I mean: 
Tell me a headphone for < $100 that can touch these for shear fun and listening enjoyment. (And spare me the audiophile crap please. After 20 years of chasing the audiophile dream I discovered that the very best pro studio equipment will flat out embarrass anything in the audiophile world under 100k).

The JVC S500s, there i have done it again. What "audiophile crap" my @ss is a noob to this audio gear stuff but i know great sound when i hear it. Not trying to win you over with flowery audiophile language, cuz my noob self don't know none. 

And who quote themselves??? LMAO

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #1,713 of 3,824
Quote:
You guys who don't like the J cord get that the right earpiece is routed behind the neck right. I do this and clip the left side to my collar and there is NO problem at all. I don't get why people hate this chord so much. I'm not sure I actually like it but I certainly don't mind it. 

For me any movement at all pull the buds out. I can only wear them at a desk. No matter what way I try. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #1,714 of 3,824
Quote:

And who quote themselves??? LMAO

Someone clarifying trying to clarify the  original quote. Hope that's not too complicated for you?

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #1,715 of 3,824
Quote:
Someone clarifying trying to clarify the  original quote. Hope that's not too complicated for you. 

Ok makes sense, but still seems kinda pretentious don't you think???

Oh I know you probably love these MH1Cs as much as I do, but they have their flaws as well. 

One major one is the treble on these lil' "sonic diamonds" is that it is smooth to a fault, ironic really when you think of it's nickname.

When I 1st got them, the treble almost put me to sleep despite that big powerful bass.

Coming from the JVC camp probably didn't help. haha

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #1,716 of 3,824
Quote:

TBH I prefer my Senn MX760 buds. 

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #1,717 of 3,824

Klipsch x10.

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #1,718 of 3,824
I've had mine for a little while (MH1c). I love them, but the volume has a mind of its own and keeps moving up and down. I can stop this buy holdin the slider on my iphone 4, but a few minutes later it does the same thing. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #1,719 of 3,824
Quote:
Klipsch x10.

^ oh man this is gonna be a longgggggg list. In before locked thread due to people's listings as spam.
popcorn.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #1,720 of 3,824
^ oh man this is gonna be a longgggggg list. In before locked thread due to people's listings as spam. :popcorn:

I think they were $85 about a month ago, seems, x10 have been bumped up to $103 now on amazon.

I wasn't impressed with MH1C, I found them overly warm with puffy bass and muted treble, the mid range was nice if it wasn't being bleed on by the low end.

They just weren't for me unfortunately. I'll take the x10 slightly crisper separated presentation.

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #1,721 of 3,824
Quote:
Is there a good place to buy these? I see a few listings on eBay from HK sellers. Are they legit? I also say slink from amazon for this seller: http://www.smartphonebay.net/Sony-Ericsson-Sony-Xperia-MH1C-Handsfree-Headset-p/hds-semh1c.htm

Thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone received a pair from this seller? thinking of giving these a go...

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #1,722 of 3,824
Quote:

For me any movement at all pull the buds out. I can only wear them at a desk. No matter what way I try. 

Same, I can wear them sitting down at home but if I decide to walk on the street these are a no go. Yes I have the right ear routed behind the neck and I've tried the shirt clip, right ear starts to lose its seal a bit. The left ear loses its seal after about 2 minutes of walking, can't even go to the shops for a bottle of milk without fiddling with these lol. If I decide to answer a call using that dreaded inline remote, I'll also have to push the left ear back in because it will lose its seal, very annoying. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back