[REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret
Jan 18, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #1,741 of 3,824
Good choice cuz you don't wanna get shot.  Although there is a lil' thing call drive-bys. haha 

funny-scared-cat-face.jpg

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #1,744 of 3,824
Jan 19, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #1,745 of 3,824
Anyone know a place in the UK that could re-cable these?

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #1,746 of 3,824
Quote:
I received today the MH1 and surprisingly the work with my iPhone 5 and the mic also works fine. If i keep the center button pushed it opens siri. But when using them with my macbook or ipod i have to keep the center button pushed to work them properly. Anyone else had the same experience ??

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #1,747 of 3,824
My MH1c doesn't have the Sony logo shown in pictures originally posted by ClieOS. Does that mean it's fake? 

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #1,748 of 3,824
^^ I got the MH1c as well that came in a plastic bag with the tips and clip. it has a small tag on the cable, no logo. The MH1 is the Sony Ericsson version which sports the logo. I also have read somewhere that since they are fairly cheap, most manufacturers wouldn't bother making knock-offs. i think you MH1c is legit. :)

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #1,749 of 3,824
My MH1c doesn't have the Sony logo shown in pictures originally posted by ClieOS. Does that mean it's fake? 

As I understand, the MH1 has the logo; the MH1c does not have it.

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #1,750 of 3,824
Quote:

In the original post by ClieOS he already clarified that there is only a cosmetic difference between the MH1 and the MH1-C, not sound. I have both the MH1 and the MH1-C and they sound exactly the same.

Quote:
I received today the MH1 and surprisingly the work with my iPhone 5 and the mic also works fine. If i keep the center button pushed it opens siri. But when using them with my macbook or ipod i have to keep the center button pushed to work them properly. Anyone else had the same experience ??

I needed to hold the center button for the MH1 to sound properly on my android phone. Do you have the MH1 or MH1-C? You probably already know that you need an adapter for the MH1 (not the MH1-C). I thought I didn't need an adapter for the MH1 since I wasn't interested in the headset control features, it turns out the wires are all rearranged.

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #1,751 of 3,824
Quote:

In the original post by ClieOS he already clarified that there is only a cosmetic difference between the MH1 and the MH1-C, not sound. I have both the MH1 and the MH1-C and they sound exactly the same.

I needed to hold the center button for the MH1 to sound properly on my android phone. Do you have the MH1 or MH1-C? You probably already know that you need an adapter for the MH1 (not the MH1-C). I thought I didn't need an adapter for the MH1 since I wasn't interested in the headset control features, it turns out the wires are all rearranged.

well that's the weird think. I have the MH1 and with my iphone 5 I dont need a adapter, but when using it with my ipod or macbook i need a adapter or push the center button to sound right.

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #1,752 of 3,824
Thanx guys, I think maybe ClieOS labeled the pics wrong because they both have logo but, now that I think of it, I really didn't need to ask. If someone is making a knockoff that sounds this good who cares.
biggrin.gif

Of course, as Annafrancesca says, there's no point in knocking off a $20-40 earphone. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #1,753 of 3,824
BTW dudes, 
I know that reviews ALWAYs have to be taken with a grain of salt but, it's curious that none of the low priced IEMs mentioned here (as competition for the MH1), have gotten any attention from any of the large volume reviewers on this site? How about that huh ...huh??? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #1,754 of 3,824
Take THAT  sfwalcer 
atsmile.gif

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #1,755 of 3,824
Quote:
BTW dudes, 
I know that reviews ALWAYs have to be taken with a grain of salt but, it's curious that none of the low priced IEMs mentioned here (as competition for the MH1), have gotten any attention from any of the large volume reviewers on this site? How about that huh ...huh??? 
biggrin.gif

I believe the MH1C generally suits more peoples sound preferences where some of the others in this price range are a little more sound sig specific - but also the Monoprice has almost 3 times as many views as this thread (but I dont like those anyway)
evil_smiley.gif
everyone is always looking for the 'Hidden Gem'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back