Review of the Little-Dot MKIII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
Apr 25, 2008 at 5:28 PM Post #136 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by NikZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi , is this wonderful amplifier still available for buying? I notice "out of stock" message on the little-tube website. Does it come with rca cables or do I have to supply my own cable?

ebay is usually the best place to check for their products.

Apr 25, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #137 of 723
Ok , Thank you very much!

Apr 27, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #138 of 723
After checking little-tube website today. Looks like the MKIII is back in stock again!.

May 1, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #140 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by batmanwcm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a little update. My replacement shipped out. I can't wait to get it.

That's great news! It won't be long now.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 3, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #141 of 723
OK, I received the replacement today, amazingly fast shipping. My replacement is brand new and in perfect condition. It works perfectly too so now I'm burning it in.

I must say that Little Dot's customer service has been spectacular. Dave has always answered my emails and made sure I was satisfied. He also sent me a pair of Mullard M8161's for all my troubles.

May 3, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #142 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by batmanwcm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I received the replacement today, amazingly fast shipping. My replacement is brand new and in perfect condition. It works perfectly too so now I'm burning it in.

I must say that Little Dot's customer service has been spectacular. Dave has always answered my emails and made sure I was satisfied. He also sent me a pair of Mullard M8161's for all my troubles.

eek.gif
Those M8161's are excellent, IMHO! That really blows me away! It seems like they keep getting better and better at handling customer service!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #144 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif
Those M8161's are excellent, IMHO! That really blows me away! It seems like they keep getting better and better at handling customer service!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the M8161 are Dave's favorite tubes, it seems like he recommends it for most people.
smily_headphones1.gif

This is my first tube amp and so far, with the stock tubes, I am loving it. It's not even burned in yet and I just love how it sounds. I can't wait to start rolling in the M8161's.

May 4, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #145 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the M8161 are Dave's favorite tubes, it seems like he recommends it for most people.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's true!
smily_headphones1.gif
I have always liked their special sound. I'm guilty!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #147 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by oatmeal769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought these:

PAIR MULLARD 8161 CV4015 EF92 6CQ6 UNUSED BOXED

Do you guys like them BETTER than the EF95 series, or are they just DIFFERENT?
I'd say over the stock tubes I'd like to hear a bit more low end and fullness...

You did good!!
smily_headphones1.gif
They will fix the lower end for you and sound very full.
smily_headphones1.gif

I couldn't really say I like them better than all of the EF95's, but I do like their rich sound when I'm in the mood for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #148 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... but I do like their rich sound...

RICH - That's a good word which I think describes what I want too. I have high hopes for these, I can't wait!

May 6, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #149 of 723
Quote:

Originally Posted by oatmeal769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RICH - That's a good word which I think describes what I want too. I have high hopes for these, I can't wait!

The last set of 6CQ6's I purchased, took about 45 hours to mature. The change in sound signature from out of the box to fully matured, was substantial, so you should expect it, to some degree.

The EF92s don't behave the same way EF95 compatibles do during burn-in. All in all, it is great fun listening to EF92's as they mature. The first 2-3 hours can really be amazing!
smily_headphones1.gif
I highly recommend listening if you have the time.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #150 of 723
I'm thinking about buying a LD MkIII, based on this thread... I'm wondering if anyone has heard it with AKG K 601's? I made the mistake of buying 601's without realizing I would need an amp to drive them, and I don't want to make another mistake in buying an amp that won't drive them properly. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the pairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back