Review of the Little-Dot MKIII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp
May 21, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #721 of 723
Just an update on some new pairings. I initially though my HD800S sounded okay on it but the Voshkod Rocket drivers really make them shine! Also, surprisingly the Focal Clears sounded great on the little dot as well (not with the stock Chinese 5654s though, they make them sound really congested)
I have been using Voshkods almost since I got it. At mid gain it works very nicely with my Grado GH2's and Senn HD660's. I have not tried my Elex's yet, I don't think.

I am currently in the midst of exploring every single detail of another new-to-me amp right now, but I do need to get back to this amp next month and try the Elex's on it and a few others.

May 21, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #722 of 723
Same here, been sticking with the Voshkods except for when I feel the need for some bass slam on my HD600. It's crazy what the Mullards are capable of, the low end on my HD600 is unrecognizable with them on. But now that I have the Clears I doubt I'll be using the Mullards much.

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #723 of 723
Hello,

I'm hoping this will be a reasonable place to post this question, rather than starting a brand new thread somewhere:

I'm reasonably new to this game but acquired a Little Dot MkIII second-hand (they don't seem to be easy to get new in the UK...). I'm running it with a Topping DX3 Pro+ as DAC input. Basically my problem is that the LD volume does almost nothing. If I set it to 0 a lot of sound comes through; if I turn it up from there nothing really happens until about 60-80 on the scale, when it gets a little bit louder. The Topping output volume works, though. When I changed the Topping output to be a fixed line-out, the headphone output on the LD was so loud I was scared it was going to blow my headphones. I then tried connecting the LD to the line-out of a CD player (which I know is unamplified). Even at '0' on the LD volume scale, again it was producing so much volume the headphones sounded like they were going to burst. (I disconnected them rapidly!) I'm obviously not an expert but this doesn't seem quite right!

Headphones i've been trying this with include Grado Hemp, Sennheiser HD660s and Meze 99 Classics. I also tried changing the gain switches but they didn't really seem to make any difference.

Have I been sold a dud??

Thanks for your help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back