Review of the Little-Dot MK1 Portable Headphone Amplifier
Jan 24, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #61 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes i did the replacement with LT1364 , every thing i wanted was there the extra bright was gone and here come the warm and tight bass accurate and
what more i can ask for the BANG FOR BUCKS it is warm and detail that is
you will spent more time on it Replace it guy it is like see god have enlighten you on your ears it sure now stand even nearer to RSA HORNET will till i get hold from my friend to try it out

Catch you guys

Cool, let us know how it compares to the hornet! I really want to know.

Jan 25, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #62 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, let us know how it compares to the hornet! I really want to know.

Just did the try out RSA Hornet using only 3.5mm out to little dot micro MK1
Every thing you wanted is there except sound stage is a little wide on Hornet
but i conclude for the price what more can i ask with LT1364 install it is really more warmer than stock LM4562 Really warmer tighter Bass accurate ,Will till my dock arrive will catch you guys later

Peter
Singapore

Jan 25, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #63 of 264
Cool, thanks!

Jan 25, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #64 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just did the try out RSA Hornet using only 3.5mm out to little dot micro MK1
Every thing you wanted is there except sound stage is a little wide on Hornet
but i conclude for the price what more can i ask with LT1364 install it is really more warmer than stock LM4562 Really warmer tighter Bass accurate ,Will till my dock arrive will catch you guys later

Peter
Singapore

The more hours I put on my MK1, the wider the sound stage became, so this may be a "maturing" factor too. I have one more Opamp I want to try in the MK1, the LT1469. I'll report back my findings when I do.

So for now, it looks like the MK1 is engaging the compitition at "three times the MK1's price point" ($119 vs $370). WOW!
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 6:58 AM Post #65 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more hours I put on my MK1, the wider the sound stage became, so this may be a "maturing" factor too. I have one more Opamp I want to try in the MK1, the LT1469. I'll report back my findings when I do.

So for now, it looks like the MK1 is engaging the compitition at "three times the MK1's price point" ($119 vs $370). WOW!
biggrin.gif

yes i have just run in my MK 1 for abt 20 hrs ,let see how it come thru with LT1469

Peter
Singapore

Jan 25, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #66 of 264
So far, what I can make out is that for the MK1

LM4562 = Bright/Aggressive?
LT1361/1364 = Mellow/Balanced?

Do tell about the LT1469 when you guys try it out, looking forward to the impressions =)

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #67 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far, what I can make out is that for the MK1

LM4562 = Bright/Aggressive?
LT1361/1364 = Mellow/Balanced?

Do tell about the LT1469 when you guys try it out, looking forward to the impressions =)

I'm going to try that today. I have to "take" it from one of my DACs to try it, but thats ok.
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #68 of 264
That'll be better still I think, since its already partially burnt in, the results should be more apparent as to how the final sound should be like.

Loking forward to hear your impression too Penchum =)

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:27 PM Post #69 of 264
Ok, I've tried the LT1469. While it has the same mids and highs the LT1364 has, it does NOT have the lower end. Lows are weaker and somewhat mixed. So, the LT1364 is the best I have for the MK1. If anyone else comes up with something better, please post it. It will be a challenge to find something better than the good 'ole LT1364.
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #70 of 264
'Somewhat mixed'?

May I take it that what you're trying to say here is that the bass notes either get smeared, or it is presented to the listener on a more 2-dimensional like plane where by instrumental separation of the notes becomes something that can be considered non-existant?

Thanks for the impressions BTW, makes me feel better for having a pair of LT1364 and LT1361 coming in
smily_headphones1.gif

Gotta wait for 2 weeks before I can place an order for the MK1 though.

Jan 26, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #71 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'Somewhat mixed'?

May I take it that what you're trying to say here is that the bass notes either get smeared, or it is presented to the listener on a more 2-dimensional like plane where by instrumental separation of the notes becomes something that can be considered non-existant?

Thanks for the impressions BTW, makes me feel better for having a pair of LT1364 and LT1361 coming in
smily_headphones1.gif

Gotta wait for 2 weeks before I can place an order for the MK1 though.

I should have explained better. It was too difficult to detect the differences between bass drum, bass guitar, synthesizer bass notes. They were weak (which didn't help much) and this combination of problems just made it sound mixed up and very poor sounding.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm glad you have the LT1364s coming. You just can't go wrong with that chip!
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #72 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

i have just receive my dock and just finished assemble now in the process of burning in fully using DAC from my ipod so awaiting maturing hope i get more sound stage from LT1364
will catch you guys in a few day

Peter
Singapore

Jan 28, 2008 at 4:28 AM Post #73 of 264
Well, I've got enough hours on my MK1 with the LT1364 Opamp on board to safely comment about it. It sounds fantastic! The sound stage did get bigger for me, and the bass more controlled. The mids and highs are perfect. I decided to try some different types of music, so I tried some classical and big-band from the 40's. WOW! I would have never thought you could have a sound so real in a portable system! I am 100% pleased with every aspect of the MK1. Ow, and I tried my new HD-600's with the MK1. They sound great too! The bass is really kicking! I hope everyone is having similar experiences with theirs!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #74 of 264
You're making my mouth water X3

I hope my op-amps come in withing this week.

The week aftter next and I should be able to place an order on one of these beauties =3

Jan 28, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #75 of 264
Hi Penchum,

your experiences with the HD600 are really encouraging.
I'm looking for a good portable amp for mine but don't want to spent to much
money for that. What's your recomentation? Is the mk1 really a good partner for the hd600? Could you go a bit more into detail with your experience?
Thanx in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back