Review of the Little-Dot MK1 Portable Headphone Amplifier
Jan 16, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #16 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does it compare to the Little Dot Micro+, do you know?

It is supposed to be the successor to the Micro+. The micro+ only has bee-bees, and the MK1 has a true set.
wink.gif
No comparisons that I know about.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #17 of 264
I have spoken to Mr Yang in china he told me over the phone
it will be a promising set compare to the little brother little dot micro
which is meant more for music without staging just pop music or maybe just sounds i will be getting one to try out next week will follow up with some report will compare with RSA Hornet

See you guy

Jan 16, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #18 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have spoken to Mr Yang in china he told me over the phone
it will be a promising set compare to the little brother little dot micro
which is meant more for music without staging just pop music or maybe just sounds i will be getting one to try out next week will follow up with some report will compare with RSA Hornet

See you guy

I agree. The MK1 is so much more than the LD micro. Glad to hear you can compare it. See ya!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #19 of 264
Nice job penchum, super photo's also:wink:

That little dot is a sweet looking machine:)

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #20 of 264
Quote:

For this weird test, I hooked up the A/C power adapter to the MK1. I spooled up a reel of hard rock I made a few weeks ago on my Technics RS-1700 Reel to Reel and pressed play.

Does this mean we can charge the LittleDot MK1 while listening?
My manual says: Make sure the power is off when you are charging.

I would love to listen to this thing while charging it but am afraid to. Also, would it hurt the battery to leave it charging overnight rather than just for the requisite 3 hours?

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #21 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does this mean we can charge the LittleDot MK1 while listening?
My manual says: Make sure the power is off when you are charging.

I would love to listen to this thing while charging it but am afraid to. Also, would it hurt the battery to leave it charging overnight rather than just for the requisite 3 hours?

You bet! I emailed DavidZ at Little-Dot as soon as I saw that same line in the owner's manual. He replied and said he was sorry, that the translation made it sound like you couldn't use it for power and charging. He said it was designed to allow for both and to have fun with it!
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #22 of 264
I will call Mr yang over in china and have a word with him if this Little dor MK 1 can charge overnight and he also told me about the
chip he uses did not pay attention will ask him again

Peter
Singapore

Jan 18, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #23 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will call Mr yang over in china and have a word with him if this Little dor MK 1 can charge overnight and he also told me about the
chip he uses did not pay attention will ask him again

Peter
Singapore

It's the LM4562. Works great in this nice amp!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #24 of 264
This morning, after working on one of the DACs, I realized I had an extra LT1364 Opamp. So, I took my MK1 apart and swapped out the LM4562 for the LT1364. What a major improvement! The over-brightness was gone, the music was warmer, full spectrum and lacking nothing!
smily_headphones1.gif
It drove my HD-650s with ease. Now, the MK1 is far less fatiguing and still powerful!

I highly recommend this Opamp change. Every nuance you would expect from the music is far more apparent and the fact that it is easier on the ears makes this a perfect low/no cost improvement.
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #26 of 264
This sounds interesting.

I wonder how the AD8397 will perform in this.

Pardon me for being so noobish but... On a side note, are the op-amps in the MK1 mounted or soldered?

Jan 19, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #27 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Amazing what a bit of tweaking will do, wouldn't have thought it possible for such a tiny amp!
Still unsure whether to go with this, the Mini3 or the HEADSIX...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This sounds interesting.

I wonder how the AD8397 will perform in this.

Pardon me for being so noobish but... On a side note, are the op-amps in the MK1 mounted or soldered?

Yes, it is amazing to me too! Don't forget that customer service for this kind of thing is important, just like on the bigger amps. Little-Dot's customer service is one of the best in the market. People are just now starting to post about their new MK1's and so far, they love it. Especially those that are using it to drive full sized headphones.

I'm not too familiar with the AD8397, but if it is a (dual) low power, high speed Opamp, then it is possible. The MK1 has a socket! Yes!!
biggrin.gif

See ya!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #28 of 264
Socketed OMG! This sounds waaaay too good to be true, someone pinch me! XD

Really interested in this pup now, especially when it looks slim and gorgeous IMO. I prefer the one with the colours inverted to the version used in the review though, silver coloured faceplate with a reflective black body =)

Jan 19, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #29 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephyron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Socketed OMG! This sounds waaaay too good to be true, someone pinch me! XD

Really interested in this pup now, especially when it looks slim and gorgeous IMO. I prefer the one with the colours inverted to the version used in the review though, silver coloured faceplate with a reflective black body =)

You should be able to get the other color combination. Email DavidZ and tell him what you want. He'll send you a PayPal notice for the correct one.
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #30 of 264
I'll wait till Chinese New Year till when I get to collect my Ang Bao money.
biggrin.gif

Hopefully it'll allow me to purchase the MK1 from David in eBay.

The last one sold for US$119 + $25 shipped to Canada.

I have my doubts about using the AD8397 though. I works in the PINT a friend of mine build, but that op-amp is considered by quite a number to be a finicky one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back