Review of the Little-Dot MK1 Portable Headphone Amplifier
Jan 22, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #48 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there an op amp supplier in europe, or here in germany......?

On previous page, I think LT will ship samples to you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #50 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does the MKI has a brighter or warmer sound signature? was thinking of getting it but not sure how it sounds yet. yup. thanks.
wink.gif

I guess I would say it has a brighter signature with the default Opamp. But brighter doesn't mean it is lacking at any other frequency. It covers them all quite well. With the LM4562 (default Opamp) replaced by the LT1364, the excess brightness is gone and everything improves quite a bit.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #51 of 264
woah. thanks for the quick reply.

so with the default opamp, the MKI does sound a tad bit too bright?

hopefully it does cover the low ends enough to make my IEM bassier.

Jan 22, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #52 of 264
make a call top china and Mr yang told me it si alright to leave the set charge overnight ,by the way it takes about 2.5-3hr for full charge and the Little dot Mk 1 does support charge and play at the same time
I have just power up the amp after my charge and was using the set with 3.5mm supply by little dot powering my cheap AKG 44
32 ohm headphone there was no doubt about the SQ everything wanted was there it sound a little bright after a couple hours of burning there was improvement well what comes next ask my dear friend who uses Imod with ALO dock and with his RAS hornet
to test out the set with his ALO dock with Little dot MK1 along side with my AKG 44 ,Well the result of SQ as review this set sure stand next to his RSA Hornet except it is still bright cause not run in yet,IT really stand BANG FOR BUCKS ,will follow up guys after finish up my Dock

See ya

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #53 of 264
Your excellent review is making me want this more and more!!

Sorry for the noob question, but how can I order one of these?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on ebay! Im guessing this is the only place to order one of these besides the for sale forum.

Jan 22, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #54 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
make a call top china and Mr yang told me it si alright to leave the set charge overnight ,by the way it takes about 2.5-3hr for full charge and the Little dot Mk 1 does support charge and play at the same time
I have just power up the amp after my charge and was using the set with 3.5mm supply by little dot powering my cheap AKG 44
32 ohm headphone there was no doubt about the SQ everything wanted was there it sound a little bright after a couple hours of burning there was improvement well what comes next ask my dear friend who uses Imod with ALO dock and with his RAS hornet
to test out the set with his ALO dock with Little dot MK1 along side with my AKG 44 ,Well the result of SQ as review this set sure stand next to his RSA Hornet except it is still bright cause not run in yet,IT really stand BANG FOR BUCKS ,will follow up guys after finish up my Dock

See ya

Thanks for that! If after a couple of weeks, it is still bright to you, do the Opamp change I recommended. You will not be sorry!
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #55 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by aloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woah. thanks for the quick reply.

so with the default opamp, the MKI does sound a tad bit too bright?

hopefully it does cover the low ends enough to make my IEM bassier.

Some will like what I perceive as too bright, depending on the headphones they are using. It isn't dirty bright, it's clean bright. With Senn HD-580-650s, the Opamp upgrade will make a wonderful change. Hopefully, we will hear from other headphone owners who pickup a MK1 and either use it stock, or do the upgrade. It'll be nice to find out!!
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #56 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on ebay! Im guessing this is the only place to order one of these besides the for sale forum.

Yep, eBay from DavidZ.
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #57 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

contact little dot on this email swco@163.com there after pay by paypal
shipping EMs should be 5-6 days contact by email he will let you know which paypal address to pay to

Peter Singapore

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #58 of 264
just let him know

Hi Peter,
If you need to purchase Little Dot product, you can Paypal payment, and then tell us your address, telephone number, we can send to you by EMS.
Please tell us what you need variety and quantity, we will give Price and postage.
Thank you!

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #59 of 264
Thanks for the info guys!

Jan 24, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #60 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I would say it has a brighter signature with the default Opamp. But brighter doesn't mean it is lacking at any other frequency. It covers them all quite well. With the LM4562 (default Opamp) replaced by the LT1364, the excess brightness is gone and everything improves quite a bit.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes i did the replacement with LT1364 , every thing i wanted was there the extra bright was gone and here come the warm and tight bass accurate and
what more i can ask for the BANG FOR BUCKS it is warm and detail that is
you will spent more time on it Replace it guy it is like see god have enlighten you on your ears it sure now stand even nearer to RSA HORNET will till i get hold from my friend to try it out

Catch you guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back