Review of the Audio-GD FUN - A modular Dac / Headphone amp / Preamp
Jan 25, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #918 of 1,252
@haloxt  Thanks
Actually there's no complain about bass quality and quantity, but rather these combo lack warmth, glossiness or musicality in low-mid frequency.

By the way, I'm confused by your statement "Moon has more warmth and bass but less dynamics"
I've seen "warmth and bass" and "dynamics" as almost same thing but may be I'm wrong
You mean  "sound stage" when you say " dynamics"?

Jan 25, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #919 of 1,252
By dynamics I mean transient speed, attack, and for instruments to sound like they are at distinct and different speeds and different decay.

If you are interested in warmth, the moon hdam may be what you need, but I would warn you that it is rather rolled off in the highs and a little less detailed than the earth hdam.

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #922 of 1,252
Everyone talks of the Earth and Moon....am I the only one using the SUN opamp lol ???  I think it sounds fantastic. :)

Jan 27, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #923 of 1,252

Quote:
I'm using FUN(EARTH)>K702 combo. I'm quite satisfied with these but the sound is kind of dull
What is the right OPA if I want more bass and warmness for FUN
Thanks in advance

Different headphones.

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #925 of 1,252

Quote:
Quote:
I'm using FUN(EARTH)>K702 combo. I'm quite satisfied with these but the sound is kind of dull
What is the right OPA if I want more bass and warmness for FUN
Thanks in advance

Different headphones.

Of course I thought of buying another headphones at first.
But after trying many $200-500 headphones with high reputation here, I found myself liking these headphones more and more in spite of the dullness and analytical sound K702 itself has.
So I just wanted a little bit different sound with least investment

Jan 27, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #926 of 1,252
Fair enough then.  I have a spare Moon HDAM if you'd like me to drop one in the mail, since you're in Tokyo.  PM me and let me know. :)

Jan 27, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #927 of 1,252
So I got my FUN today. But I already faced one problem... I ordered OPA-Earth and Moon and I'm REALLY NOT a DIY guy, so I dunno how to install the Earth... -.-"
I know the place where to put it but there seems to be some kinda OPA(very little though) already mounted and i can't get it off. And if u could answer in english, not in some HiFi language, i would be happy. :wink:

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #928 of 1,252
That's the stock opa and yes it is a bit difficult to get off, you just need to get under it with something and pry it off.  
Orient the Earth/Moon/Sun the correct way.  (The ground wire should be coming out of the opa facing the front of the Fun.)
Insert the Earth/Moon/Sun.
Unscrew the ground / place the Earth/Moon/Sun's ground connection there and screw it down.  (It's just there to secure the wire, you don't have to go crazy getting it tight.)

Here's a picture of mine with the ground wire's connection visible.  Again, do make sure you get the orientation of the Earth/Moon/Sun correct.  

Edit: Here's another guide: http://ref.ampcity.co.uk/opa-installation-guide.pdf

Jan 27, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #929 of 1,252
Thanks, that helped me alot! But where was that screw for the earth-wire when u got ur own? Cause it's not on the place it should be... Or did it come somewhere with those OPAs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back