[REVIEW] Nationite s:flo²
Jun 20, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #92 of 132
hello wildcard. that being the case what do you reckon a person would need to do when the battery finally give up the ghost.buy another s flo?. i reckon the battery will last a few years depending on how many times you recharge. madnanny1

Jun 21, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #94 of 132
By the time the battery dies, we will probably have s:flo4, and yes, the company that OEM the s:flo2 already make it clean that they will continue to develop SQ centric DAP like the s:flo2.

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #96 of 132
I noticed that according to my logic there should be used HO instead of the LO which I highlighted in your review to avoid misunderstanding, of course, if I understood your sentences right. :wink:

Quote:
It is no doubt to me that s:flo² has a better HO than both my Fuze and Nano4. In fact, the HO is so well that it is capable of matching most $100 portable amp IMO. I gave a quick comparison between the HO and my iBasso T4 on s:flo² line-out (which outputs independent from the HO) using my RE0. To my surprise, T4 isn't better than the HO. T4 is warmer and slightly fuller on the bottom end, but s:flo² LO has better detail, separation, and soundstage. My new Linearossa W1 is on par / slightly better compared to the HO, and only with the new T3D (which is noticeably better than T4) that I can say in definite that it is better than s:flo² LO, but only in a small margin that I am not sure it will justify the extra price tag. 

Jun 22, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #97 of 132
Quote:
I noticed that according to my logic there should be used HO instead of the LO which I highlighted in your review to avoid misunderstanding, of course, if I understood your sentences right. :wink:

Indeed. Sorry about the confusion.

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #98 of 132
No problem at all :) I am glad I contribute :D I am really looking forward to my s:flo2 Just have to pick it up from the local customs office (badluck as always though)... I am already happy owner of RE0 based on your review, so I will see how those two pieces will cooperate with each other. I am sure the reality will overpass my expectations :)

Aug 1, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #99 of 132
 Nice review
smile.gif

I saw on some lengthy comparison thing that the S:Flo has the same in built amp as the iBasso D4 or something?

Therefore, Would;

S:Flo > RE0

Sound better than

Sansa Fuze > LOD > iBasso D4 Mamba > RE0?

Aug 2, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #100 of 132

Quote:
 Nice review
smile.gif

I saw on some lengthy comparison thing that the S:Flo has the same in built amp as the iBasso D4 or something?

Therefore, Would;

Sound better than

It's all about the source. IMO the sflo2 walks all over the SQ of the sansa players. I ABed the Clip+ with the T51 and the results are relevant. I don't really know how to answer that though; it doesn't really make sense I guess... the price is a lot more with the 2nd and the RE0s would get more power... but why not just get the D4 with the sflo2?

Aug 2, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #101 of 132
Actually, it is the DAC section that are similar on s:flo2 and D4 Mamba, which both use dual Wolfson WM8740 + PCM270x setup, IIRC. The amp section are different (thus direct comparison is out)

As source, s;flo2 is definitely better than Fuze (even on LO), but s:flo2's amp section will not be as good as D4. In a shootout, I would guess Fuze + LOD + D4 might be a little ahead of s:flo2's HO, but s:flo2's LO + D4 will probably beat them all.
Quote:
 Nice review
smile.gif

Therefore, Would;

Sound better than

Aug 2, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #102 of 132
 Hmm thanks!

All I was looking for really was the best SQ I could get - Without buying a Hifiman 801 or iMod, It seems like S:Flo and D4 line out is what I'm after so I'll purchase that then.

Are iBasso and MP4 nation good at getting both of these through customs so you don't end up paying a huge customs fee?

I'm in the EU (UK)

Thanks!

Aug 2, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #103 of 132
Having heard the HM801, I think it is safe to say s:flo2 is of great price / performance ratio. It is not that HM801 is bad - it is actually one of the best DAP I ever heard, but consider that s:flo2 can still achieve a very respectable performance for much less the price, I don't think it a DAP to be miss if SQ is the main concern. Only you really have some high end, very resolving headphones, then the gap between HM801 and s:flo2 will be more apparent.

I am not sure about iBasso, but I think MP4 Nation usually mark all their package as low value gift. You should contact hem directly to make sure.

Aug 2, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #104 of 132

Quote:
Having heard the HM801, I think it is safe to say s:flo2 is of great price / performance ratio. It is not that HM801 is bad - it is actually one of the best DAP I ever heard, but consider that s:flo2 can still achieve a very respectable performance for much less the price, I don't think it a DAP to be miss if SQ is the main concern. Only you really have some high end, very resolving headphones, then the gap between HM801 and s:flo2 will be more apparent.

I am not sure about iBasso, but I think MP4 Nation usually mark all their package as low value gift. You should contact hem directly to make sure.

New firmware 2.3 change some characters of sound. Please give it a try and let us know your thought.

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #105 of 132

Quote:

Ok thanks for all your help, I'll contact them and find out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back