[REVIEW] Nationite s:flo²
Feb 22, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #62 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went to try one of these yesterday, and it sounded fantastic.

I had a problem with browsing files though. I have all my files organized in folders, and when I want to change tracks I have to start from root, then tediously navigate my way through the folders to change tracks. Am I missing something, since thats the only thing pretty much stopping me from buying one.

Thats actually the best way to browse music, if you use the other way (through all file/artist/title/album option) it scans the memory and playback pauses until the scan is over. Seems like it does not create a .ini/.inf (or whatever) file for quick access, so it's actually faster using the "start from top" way of browsing.. Sadly..

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #64 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazybum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi ClieOS

Just wondering have you tried pairing the s:flo2 with a 3move?
Would like to know if the move is enough to make the lineout shine

I have tried the combo, very good indeed. When using 3MOVE, I actually find s:flo2's LO sounds just a little better than HeadStage USB DAC cable (which also based on WM8740 as s:flo2, but on monoblock configuration) and more noticeable better than 3MOVE internal DAC. The only downside with the combo is the 'brick' size as far as I can see, and that is the only reason why I don't use it as my portable rig. If you don't need the DAC, I think a XXS / Headsix will works just as well.

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #65 of 132
Well I got my T51 about 5 days ago and have been listening to music through them for at least 4 hours per day.
Previously I've been using
5G Nano LoD iBasso T4 Triple.Fi 10s (Loved this setup, great sound)
Now
T51 LoD (same but Mini to mini now) RSA Tomahawk Triple.Fi 10 (custom cable coming too)

People constantly talk about the not so great UI and IMO it's not bad by any chance but it isn't top notch. Coming from a small group of people it's pretty good. It takes a little bit of time to get used to it but after you do it's great, just a little slow depending on how you have your music set up.

Everything sounds better. It's not a small jump either; using the mini to mini from the direct line out to the tomahawk gives an ample sound boost. I haven't done any listening outside of seeing how loud it gets through the headphone out because I have the amp but the sound is amazing and blows the previous setup out of the water.

Oh and just to throw this in, while waiting for my T51 I used my mom's Fuze hooked up with the mini to mini to the RSA for a quick comparison. I thought it sounded good but IMO either I didn't have the right synergy between the pieces or it just sounded plain bad. I think I'm going to go back later today and A/B them and see what I find.

May 14, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #66 of 132
This just comes, the case for s:flo2 from MP4Nation. The is not the final version yet as they are planning to replace the clip to a better one.

SC1.jpg

SC2.jpg

SC3.jpg

SC4.jpg

May 14, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #70 of 132
Quote:
will this be available in mp4nation website and how much?

Yes, it will. They haven't finalized the design yet (as said, they want a better clip) and I have not idea how much it will be.

May 14, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #71 of 132

Quote:
I have a leather slip pouch and the s:flo2 is too fat for it to fit. You'd need something with a fair bit of give at the least.

Thanks. I currently put my whole portable rig minus the phones (t51 + alo rx + cables) in the astro mixamp velcro package and that all works fine. I want something for my belt when I feel like walking light though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back