[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #811 of 964
  I was at a garage sale last weekend and saw the UE9000s sitting on a shelf unopened for $60. Didn't really need a pair of headphones but did a quick lookup on amazon - regular price $400? I'll take 'em! After reading through this thread I guess I got a good deal!

Sounds more like estate sale rather than regular garage sale...

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #812 of 964
To anyone who might buy these. Get the white ones. They are better looking. I got the black ones (they look good too, don't get me wrong) but having seen the white recently, I wish I had gotten those. Unfortunately, I'm about 7 months too late to use my 2 week return period at the Apple store :frowning2:
Sound is still rocking and still look better than 99% of the headphones I usually see,

Oct 5, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #815 of 964

Yes. Any auxiliary cable would work. But obviously if you want the in line controls you would need an aux cable with the mic and 3 button control built in.

Thanks for the feedback.. the stock ones got chewed up on by my awesome dog.

Don't really need a mic so that definitely opens up my eBay options XD

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #816 of 964
  do any 3.5mm cables work with these? anyone try using different cables?

Yes on the second question.  I use the cable that came with my Koss TBSE (Tony Bennett Special Edition, a minor variant of the Pro DJ100).  It is not true that *all* 3.5mm cables work with the UE6000, in my experience. The TBSE cable even works with the Pioneer SE-MJ591, which has a special kind of socket.

Oct 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #817 of 964
I listened to the UE6000/9000s in a store today and I came close to buying them. Their sound is amazing. One question that no-one could answer me so far is quite important: Are the ear pads replaceable or not ?

As it seems that Logitech does not provide spare ear pads for those models - are the pads replaceable with some standard ear pads from other headphone brands?

I use my headphones quite a lot and I like to replace ear pads from time to time on all my headphones - not only for hygienic reasons.

Can somebody please answer this question - for the sake of all Logitech headphone users
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #818 of 964
  I listened to the UE6000/9000s in a store today and I came close to buying them. Their sound is amazing. One question that no-one could answer me so far is quite important: Are the ear pads replaceable or not ?

As it seems that Logitech does not provide spare ear pads for those models - are the pads replaceable with some standard ear pads from other headphone brands?

I use my headphones quite a lot and I like to replace ear pads from time to time on all my headphones - not only for hygienic reasons.

Can somebody please answer this question - for the sake of all Logitech headphone users
wink.gif

Simply.... no.

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #819 of 964
Ok i have finally read through this entire thread and im pretty interested in the UE 6000's i have a few questions, Can i use 1.2V rechargeable AAA's in the headphones (normal batteries run at 1.5V) without any performance problems? would a fiio E11 or E6 be beneficial investment in terms of SQ even though the 6000's are amped by the ANC? and are there any cables like the fiio L9 for android devices? Thanks :)

Oct 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #820 of 964
  Ok i have finally read through this entire thread and im pretty interested in the UE 6000's i have a few questions, Can i use 1.2V rechargeable AAA's in the headphones (normal batteries run at 1.5V) without any performance problems? would a fiio E11 or E6 be beneficial investment in terms of SQ even though the 6000's are amped by the ANC? and are there any cables like the fiio L9 for android devices? Thanks :)

I haven't had issues using rechargeables or cheapo batteries.

I did hear a little more hissing with some flea market batteries.. but that's 90% likely to be placebo/bias because.. I "wanted" to hear something wrong lol..

Passive mode definitely benefits from amping (if your source is a phone or laptop out etc) Don't need it if you intend on using it in ANC often..

If you're using android.. I'd look into the FiiO e18! It's specifically made for droids in mind.

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #821 of 964
Thank you for a quick response, once i get these (hopefully by the end of next month) ill see if i like the extra color from the ANC to decide if an amp would be necessary :p The e18 does sound like a great amp/dac hopefully i can pick one up used in the near future :p

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #822 of 964
Hi, I just bought the UE 9000 definitely one of the better, bassy over the ear headsets i've ever bought.  the build quality seems very well built.  A little heavy but still good.

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #823 of 964
Just got mine direct from Logitech last night.  Unfortunately, the right earcup is defective and is about 75% quieter than the left.  This is via Bluetooth, wired, active and passive.  Bummer.  

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #824 of 964
Just picked up the UE6000 in white. It's a lot more beautiful in person. Chose it over the black since it shows less fingerprints. So far the sound is great. Bass and mids are pretty much spot on to my liking. The highs are somewhat a bit more recessed than I would like but that's just me nitpicking when I'm listening critically. For most people, these headphones would be a fantastic choice for under $200. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back