[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Aug 22, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #796 of 964
Quote:
Yeah, I ended up returning the UE6000s.  Spent several hours going back and forth between them and the CAL!s using different sources at times.  Every time I'd put on the CAL!, it was like a veil was being lifted.  Best way I know to describe it.  Vocals also seemed more clear and natural.  Right now, the CAL!s are my all time favorite with headphones or IEMs.  I haven't ventured into mid or hi-fi though due to financial constraints.  

The UE6000 box is sealed with stickers you have to cut in order to open.

How did you get BB to accept a return on an opened item? I know Costco has a satisfaction guaranteed policy, but i didn't think BB did.

Aug 22, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #797 of 964
Quote:
The UE6000 box is sealed with stickers you have to cut in order to open.

How did you get BB to accept a return on an opened item? I know Costco has a satisfaction guaranteed policy, but i didn't think BB did.

Apparently, BB also has a satisfaction guarantee (they did with me anyway).  I asked an employee before I bought them and they stated I had 14 days to return them if not satisfied.  I was very careful not to rip any of the packaging and used a knife to cut the tape (I'm that way with every HP purchase).  

They seemed well made.  On the heavy side, but yet comfortable. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #798 of 964
  Apparently, BB also has a satisfaction guarantee (they did with me anyway).  I asked an employee before I bought them and they stated I had 14 days to return them if not satisfied.  I was very careful not to rip any of the packaging and used a knife to cut the tape (I'm that way with every HP purchase).  

They seemed well made.  On the heavy side, but yet comfortable. 

I had the same experience.  I also returned the UE 6000 within 14 days.  I also had a similar experience in terms of why I returned it: the CAL! has overall better sound quality.   Still, the UE sounds good, is more forgiving of low-resolution sources (because of treble roll-off), isolates much better, and seems better built.  Comfort level (to me) is similar, because the UE 6000 has larger cups but is heavier.  I can see how someone may actually prefer the UE 6000 to the CAL!, depending on intended use.

Edit---2013-09-09.  I bought a UE 6000 set from another Best Buy store on Saturday.  I think i will keep it this time and use it as a travel headphone and occasionally at the office.

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #799 of 964
I envy how you guys can buy and return headphones as you please without any (significant) loss in money. Over here sold means sold, no returns due to hygiene concerns..

Sep 19, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #800 of 964
I'm facing an annoying issue with my UE 9000. If the headphones are wired and connected to my laptop, while being charged with the USB cable (also attached to my laptop), there is a very clear static audible. I got mine replaced through Logitech customer support and the new ones which I just received have the same issue. Is this happening with all UE 9000s out there? or am I really unlucky?

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #801 of 964
  I'm facing an annoying issue with my UE 9000. If the headphones are wired and connected to my laptop, while being charged with the USB cable (also attached to my laptop), there is a very clear static audible. I got mine replaced through Logitech customer support and the new ones which I just received have the same issue. Is this happening with all UE 9000s out there? or am I really unlucky?

This happens while you're listening to music through your laptop? Are you sure it's not just your laptop's sound card?

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #807 of 964
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't actually do that to my UE9000. It was meant to show what they should be capable of withstanding.
I'm about 6'9'' and broke them by just taking them off my head. :frowning2: Pulled the cups off my ears and this **** happend.

Sep 29, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #808 of 964
  Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't actually do that to my UE9000. It was meant to show what they should be capable of withstanding.
I'm about 6'9'' and broke them by just taking them off my head. :frowning2: Pulled the cups off my ears and this **** happend.

Oh. Well that's interesting. I have stretched my UE6000 out significantly just in day to day use and putting them on and taking them off and they're still fine. Not sure why yours did that. I don't necessarily have a small head either, how long have you had yours?

Sep 30, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #809 of 964
I was at a garage sale last weekend and saw the UE9000s sitting on a shelf unopened for $60. Didn't really need a pair of headphones but did a quick lookup on amazon - regular price $400? I'll take 'em! After reading through this thread I guess I got a good deal!

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #810 of 964
  I was at a garage sale last weekend and saw the UE9000s sitting on a shelf unopened for $60. Didn't really need a pair of headphones but did a quick lookup on amazon - regular price $400? I'll take 'em! After reading through this thread I guess I got a good deal!

LOL! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back