[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Aug 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #783 of 964
Quote:
They need an amp to bring them "out" and make them louder. That maybe why (it was for me)

Yeah thats what I figured, I ordered the E17 so I've been asking around to see if an amp is what they need and the general consensus is yes. So now I wait for it to come in the mail and I'll post back with impressions etc.

Aug 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #784 of 964
Quote:
The UE9000 are definitely not worth the extra $100. They are the exact same thing with wireless. They actually sound worse than the UE6000 because the bluetooth degrades sound quality and unless wireless, which is useless imo, is worth that much money then go UE6000.

Plus the UE9000's bluetooth is a bit buggy and they are way bigger/heavier than the UE6000s. I would go with the latter. Soundwise they're pretty close (like too close to call). But I rarely used the UE9000s in bluetooth mode.

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #785 of 964
Thanks for the replies! :)

My other question is what amp do you recommend with these headphones? I'll be mostly using these with an iPhone 5..

Am a newbie so need a lot of help from experienced people :D

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #786 of 964
Quote:
Thanks for the replies!
smily_headphones1.gif

My other question is what amp do you recommend with these headphones? I'll be mostly using these with an iPhone 5..

Am a newbie so need a lot of help from experienced people
biggrin.gif

If you want an amp/DAC then go with the Fiio e07k or e17, e17 is better, the DAC wont work out of your iPhone though only if you listen through your computer but the amp will work on anything. But if you just want the amp or if you want to save money get the Fiio e11, it uses the same amp as the e17 I believe if not its similar but its half the price it just doesnt have a DAC or the features of the e07k/e17. There is also the option of getting a DIY amp or Cmoy.

Aug 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #787 of 964
   If you want an amp/DAC then go with the Fiio e07k or e17, e17 is better, the DAC wont work out of your iPhone though only if you listen through your computer but the amp will work on anything. But if you just want the amp or if you want to save money get the Fiio e11, it uses the same amp as the e17 I believe if not its similar but its half the price it just doesnt have a DAC or the features of the e07k/e17. There is also the option of getting a DIY amp or Cmoy.

Thanks! I'll be using it mostly on the iPhone and occassionally on the mbp. Would the DAC work with the mbp?

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #791 of 964
Compared with ATH-M50 and ATH-AD900x, is UE6000 an upgrade or downgrade?
Also, I read that UE6000's noise cancellation is pretty bad.  Just how bad is it?  How does it compare with ATH-ANC9?
Thanks

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #792 of 964
Quote:
Thanks! I'll be using it mostly on the iPhone and occassionally on the mbp. Would the DAC work with the mbp?

Yes the DAC will work with any computer. But the DAC will not work with your iPhone, only the amp will be used when you listen through your iPhone. So if you rarely listen with your Mac then I would suggest the E11 as a better value. 

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #793 of 964
I saw a post today about Best Buy running a sale on the UE6000s for $99.  I work close to a BB so at lunch, I ran out and checked it out.  Sure enough, the post was correct and I got the last one (Head-fi my wallet thanks you).  Anyway, I've been A/B'ing these against my next best headphones, the Creative Aurvana Live!.  Instead of getting blown away by the UE's I'm finding that I slightly prefer the CAL!s due to the treble and overall clarity.  The UE's just seem veiled (or rolled off maybe) in the treble region in passive mode.  Activating the NC boosts the bass and treble like others have mentioned and the mids suffer.  Will burn in or maybe an amp help the UE's treble?  I have an E5 at home I'm going to try later.

I'm going to continue to evaluate these.  Love the comfort and folding option.  Also, the bass on the UE's has more impact and is fuller sounding as compared to the CAL!s.  However, if things don't improve, I might have to return these even with the $99 price tag.

Perhaps I'm just crazy.  BTW, my source is a Cowon D2+ which is supposed to have good output power for a portable.  

Aug 22, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #794 of 964
The rolled off treble is the reason why I did not keep them..burning in won't magically change it. Some people like it, some don't, I suggest u return it if so. I have heard the CAL from a friend, I think they have incredible value for money. IIRC, the ue6000 has more details, but sound less engaging to me(ymmv)

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #795 of 964
Quote:
The rolled off treble is the reason why I did not keep them..burning in won't magically change it. Some people like it, some don't, I suggest u return it if so. I have heard the CAL from a friend, I think they have incredible value for money. IIRC, the ue6000 has more details, but sound less engaging to me(ymmv)

Yeah, I ended up returning the UE6000s.  Spent several hours going back and forth between them and the CAL!s using different sources at times.  Every time I'd put on the CAL!, it was like a veil was being lifted.  Best way I know to describe it.  Vocals also seemed more clear and natural.  Right now, the CAL!s are my all time favorite with headphones or IEMs.  I haven't ventured into mid or hi-fi though due to financial constraints.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back