[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Jul 4, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #766 of 964
Quote:
This thread hasn't gotten any love in some time. 

I'm hoping some UE6000 owners can chime in and help a little. I purchased one of these second hand recently. My current problem is that the two channels sound a little imbalanced. After listening a bit more, I feel the right side has a slightly better overall isolation, so I'm not sure how much that has to play into it. 

I'm using the 4 pin TRRS on a stereo jack (TRS), so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it either. 

I have a pair here for a review and I do not notice any imbalance. I will be spending some time in the next few weeks listening more and see if I notice any imbalance except I only been using it with the portable jack and single ended1/4

Jul 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #768 of 964
I really want to try these but I seem to have bad luck with Logitech/UE.  I've owned 3 sets of their IEMs and have had to call in warranty 5 times over 2 years...
What can you say about build quality/longevity?

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #769 of 964
I've owned my share of headphones and the built quality is right up there with one of the best in terms of durability, materials used and finish (talking about the UE6000). Having said that, the cables are a bit flimsy around the L-shape jack, there is no stress relievers. I can't see the cables lasting a long time, especially if you're active. But they are standard detachable ones so it's no biggie 

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #770 of 964
Quote:
I really want to try these but I seem to have bad luck with Logitech/UE.  I've owned 3 sets of their IEMs and have had to call in warranty 5 times over 2 years...
What can you say about build quality/longevity?

Honestly, I owned the UE9000s and I'd recommend picking up the PSB M4U 2. NC that actually works and a more neutral sound...great headphones!

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #771 of 964
If u want to replace the cable, u need to find the 3 notch one. I have tried the standard 2 notch 3.5mm, it doesn't fit.

Jul 8, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #772 of 964
Quote:
If u want to replace the cable, u need to find the 3 notch one. I have tried the standard 2 notch 3.5mm, it doesn't fit.

Yes I cannot find any of the 3 notch cables.... I don't like the standard UE6000 cable and I would prefer to have a black one... But all of the 3.5mm > 3.5mm cables are the 2 notch ones...

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #773 of 964
Quote:

Yes I cannot find any of the 3 notch cables.... I don't like the standard UE6000 cable and I would prefer to have a black one... But all of the 3.5mm > 3.5mm cables are the 2 notch ones...

You can get V-Moda cables @http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/ . I did alot of googling to find these but in the end they don't ship to Singapore so I just had to use the stock cable. The V-Moda cable definitely looks like it has better ergonomics than the stock one .. and probably looks better too. I doubt there will be any SQ change tho. Those who own the X1s mostly change the cable to these and notice an improvement, but that's because the stock X1 cable impedence doesn't match the drivers.

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #775 of 964
Quote:
You can get V-Moda cables @http://v-moda.com/audio-only-cable/ . I did alot of googling to find these but in the end they don't ship to Singapore so I just had to use the stock cable. The V-Moda cable definitely looks like it has better ergonomics than the stock one .. and probably looks better too. I doubt there will be any SQ change tho. Those who own the X1s mostly change the cable to these and notice an improvement, but that's because the stock X1 cable impedence doesn't match the drivers.

how about the speak easy one button cable ? Does it work with UE 6000? I am looking forward to get a cable alternative to change its sound signature. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #776 of 964
Quote:

how about the speak easy one button cable ? Does it work with UE 6000? I am looking forward to get a cable alternative to change its sound signature. 

rolleyes.gif
Good luck with that

Jul 10, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #777 of 964
Quote:

It should work, but the mic is hard to say since it's made to be compatible with V-Moda. Don't expect any sound quality change when you change the cable; I have bought custom cables before that have rave reviews; and I found the change to be little, and for better or worse depending on your preference.

Quote:
Do you know if the V-Moda cable definitely fits the UE6000?

From early posts, I believe some have used it and it works

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #778 of 964
I ended up settling on the UE6000, mostly based on the Inner Fidelity review and based on my time with them in Best Buy. I am using them in active mode in the office, with my Leckerton portable amp, and also as an offset to the airy, bass-lite DT660.

I would call them balanced and neutral, with an eye towards being slightly dark. Mids sound slightly forward and have good imaging (vocals easy to make out, underlying guitars easy to follow). It responds well to heavy metal guitars and their groove, something I was really looking for and that the DT660 was incapable of. Bass sounds good and tight with the amp, very slight boom. Important part is that it doesn't bleed into the mids. My Leckerton amp tightens up the bass nicely. Treble is tastefully done, not much sibilance, and it has a better attendance record than on the Momentums. I think their imaging is pretty good, I can picture where the sounds are coming from on the soundstage pretty easily.

They are extremely comfortable, probably the most comfortable headphones I have (HD800, AD2000x, AHD2000, DT660, SR-80). They feel like I have nothing on! I can wear these all day easily and my ears easily fit inside the earpads (an issue I had with the Momentum and K550). I have no plans on bothering with the noise canceling, the isolation (both ways) is perfect for an office. Not sure about a commute or anything. Not having the batteries in also makes the headphones lighter.

The only thing I dislike about these guys is the cable. It's short and looks easily ripped. I would replace it in a heartbeat if an upgrade were available, just to have some extra length.

For the price (almost $200 less than the Momentums!), for the versatility and for the overall sound, UE6000 is a real (and surprising) winner.

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #779 of 964
Hi guys, im a newbie and wanting to learn to become an audiophile.

I was wondering if the UE6000 or UE9000 would be a good place to start? Or should I look at other headphones?

Also, is the UE9000 worth the extra $100?

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #780 of 964
The UE9000 are definitely not worth the extra $100. They are the exact same thing with wireless. They actually sound worse than the UE6000 because the bluetooth degrades sound quality and unless wireless, which is useless imo, is worth that much money then go UE6000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back