[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #841 of 964
I honestly do not care if the pads wear out. I have listened to these almost every day as my primary portable headphone for about a year now and the pads are yet to show even the beginnings of wear let alone ruin.  I have a feeling I could continue to use these almost daily for a few more years before the pads even began to wear down to the point where I would worry about replacing them. 

Dec 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #842 of 964
Quote SlimShadyMJ:
I just checked again. If it was refurb, it should have it written in the title. That's how the rest of them are on Tigerdirect. SStill don't get the D and H thing. :/ 

I got the UE6000 from Futureshop for $54 + tax (total $60.99) on the weekend.  Best deal ever!

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-logitech-ue-6000s-69-99-tigerdirect-pm-53-a-1417612/

Dec 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #844 of 964
I just bought the UE6000 for 70€. Thats 100$. Always depressed when you see what people in USA can pay for their gear comapred to us in europe.
Still can't complain. Is sill pretty nice deal.

Looking forward to giving it a whirl.

I think UE is preparing new models with the price drops.

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #846 of 964
I have the same problem with mine as well.  Right side (cable side) is louder (not by much, but noticeable)...or the left side just isn't able to seal properly.

At $60 bucks, I can't really complain much.  However, I still prefer the sound from my other cans.

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #847 of 964
After about 30 hours of burn in, the bass on my UE6000 has definitely improved, however it still feels recessed, both in sub bass and mid bass.  The Zoro HD still has significantly harder slam and makes the music sound slightly more natural.  The UE6000 has better clarity, instrument separation, and better soundstage height and depth.  

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #849 of 964
Hey Gilsont,

I just saw your sig.  I, too, have the K550 and the DT1350.

Personally, I prefer the sound and comfort of the K550 over the UE6000 (I'm comparing because the MSRP are very close between the two of them).  How about you?

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #850 of 964
  Hey Gilsont,

I just saw your sig.  I, too, have the K550 and the DT1350.

Personally, I prefer the sound and comfort of the K550 over the UE6000 (I'm comparing because the MSRP are very close between the two of them).  How about you?

Hiya,

Personally I think I prefer the UE6000 because it is more neutral. Dont' get me wrong, I enjoy the AKG sound signature of emphasis treble which reveals a lot of detail in the music but UE6000 for me is more relaxing. And at home, I rarely have listening sessions now, I only listen to music while I multi-task!

I no longer have the K550, (just changed my signature :p)

EDIT: I updated my earlier posts because I think some people might get offended by what I said about the UE series. :)

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #851 of 964
Just got the UE6000 and they will make for good headphones on the go :), have listened and used them for approximately and hour now. Thus far the only thing they didn't handle too well was when a track by Celine Dion started playing and she hit the high notes, there was certainly something there that didn't sound right. Reference is DT990 which is usually use at home, apart from this, I'm sure they will be good for what I usually listen to. Source Asus STX.

(Very vague first impressions, might return once I got my new setup for on the go). But for what I paid, £84 I'm sure they are worth it.

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #852 of 964
Just got the UE6000 and they will make for good headphones on the go
smily_headphones1.gif
, have listened and used them for approximately and hour now. Thus far the only thing they didn't handle too well was when a track by Celine Dion started playing and she hit the high notes, there was certainly something there that didn't sound right. Reference is DT990 which is usually use at home, apart from this, I'm sure they will be good for what I usually listen to. Source Asus STX.

(Very vague first impressions, might return once I got my new setup for on the go). But for what I paid, £84 I'm sure they are worth it.

Did your UE6000 have any problems with recessed bass right out of the box? I suspect my pair is defective.

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #853 of 964
Just got the UE6000 and they will make for good headphones on the go
smily_headphones1.gif
, have listened and used them for approximately and hour now. Thus far the only thing they didn't handle too well was when a track by Celine Dion started playing and she hit the high notes, there was certainly something there that didn't sound right. Reference is DT990 which is usually use at home, apart from this, I'm sure they will be good for what I usually listen to. Source Asus STX.

Did your UE6000 have any problems with recessed bass right out of the box? I suspect my pair is defective.

Hmm, nothing that I have noticed but I'll use mine more and see, but what I have available for comparison is DT990 which is a rather bass heavy headphone, so I would have noticed if it was lacking. I did "bend" the headband since the initial clamping wasn't enough for a good seal, but after that then there's nothing to complain about. How is your fit?

Well... I would have preferred having the cord at the left side since that is what I'm used to :wink:.

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #854 of 964
Hmm, nothing that I have noticed but I'll use mine more and see, but what I have available for comparison is DT990 which is a rather bass heavy headphone, so I would have noticed if it was lacking. I did "bend" the headband since the initial clamping wasn't enough for a good seal, but after that then there's nothing to complain about. How is your fit?

Well... I would have preferred having the cord at the left side since that is what I'm used to
wink.gif

It doesn't clamp much, but it's very comfortable, especially for me since I wear glasses. The cord on the right doesn't bother me.

The comparison I'm making:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/LogitechUE6000passive.pdf
vs.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/NoontechZoroHD.pdf

The bass should be comparable between them, but my UE6000 doesn't have the weight nor the impact of my Zoro HD. Part of it might be due to the driver in the Zoro being closer to the ear since it's an on-ear, but I don't think that's all.

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #855 of 964

Well... I would have preferred having the cord at the left side since that is what I'm used to
wink.gif

It doesn't clamp much, but it's very comfortable, especially for me since I wear glasses. The cord on the right doesn't bother me.

The comparison I'm making:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/LogitechUE6000passive.pdf
vs.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/NoontechZoroHD.pdf

The bass should be comparable between them, but my UE6000 doesn't have the weight nor the impact of my Zoro HD. Part of it might be due to the driver in the Zoro being closer to the ear since it's an on-ear, but I don't think that's all.

If you try pushing the headphones of the UE6000 closer to your ears, would that increase the bass for you? Since I now have bent mine quite a lot and have much better clamp and seal from the headphones compared to when I got them. Almost on the uncomfortable side because I have glasses and the headphones push on the glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back