Review: JH Audio JH13
Mar 20, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #32 of 35
Is the JH13 comfortable after 2 hours?

I have read some posts where people prefer regular over the ear headphones to IEM.  If the JH13s are comfortable, then why not only use them?

The reason I ask is I am looking to get a nice pair of headphones and if I can get all I need from the JH13s, and they are  comfortable, then I'm there. 

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:
Nice review, my experience with these 3 headphones match what you said. Would be nice if you quote this post in your first post as i think many ppl would miss it.

Thanks for the suggestion, I updated the review with a link to post #30.

Quote:

I have read some posts where people prefer regular over the ear headphones to IEM.  If the JH13s are comfortable, then why not only use them?

The reason I ask is I am looking to get a nice pair of headphones and if I can get all I need from the JH13s, and they are  comfortable, then I'm there.

I guess it depends on your definition of comfortable. The acrylic shell is a replica of your custom molds which means it should theoretically be comfortable, but acrylic isn't exactly a comfortable material.
wink.gif
That said, I generally have no issue with comfort, except when I fall asleep with them on - when I wake up, my ears are usually a bit sore, but only a little. Well I could also say that I also experience slight ear soreness when I use the JH13 on flights, so I guess that's about 2 hours in some instances. But I usually sleep on flights too and rarely stay awake the entire time.

I have my own reasons for wanting to use full-size headphones in addition to the JH13. My current full-size headphones are all open too - I like being able to hear my environment most of the time.

FYI: I will not be checking this thread again, so as a note to everyone reading, please do not bother asking any further questions, as I won't see them. (Only reason I'm in the thread now is because I saw it was back at page 1 of the sub-forum.)

May 9, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

I agree with Steve...although my experience is different.

Durring the last three years, as my youngest grew from baby to toddler to "Dad, I know eveything now that I'm three", all in combination with a job two hours from home, I found little time to use my electrostats and 99.9% of listening being done through my portable rig and the JH13s.

They've been my mainstay for countless trips and are always comfortable.

Like Steve, I thoroughly cherish the time I get with my open full size headphones but can assure you that my experiences with the JH13s have been thoroughly enjoyable - detail, soundstage, yet integrated stereo image.  Obviously, as indicated in some of the posts, that combination of characteristics can reveal the weaknesses of particular recordings just as easilly as the strengths of my most treasured music.

May 9, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #35 of 35
That was a highly enjoyable read, and you have quite the HP collection!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back