REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Jan 10, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #526 of 1,534
I'm still on my first charge since Christmas
smile.gif
  Still two bars actually, but I don't listen to it much while I'm sitting here.  Tired of all my music :frowning2:

Jan 11, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #527 of 1,534
hmmm.... 

i just received the player. Great sound, but i have a problem! How does one switch off the player? I think my power switch is broken, because it is totally loose and it can slide all the way to the right/left. And worst of all, i can't switch the player off.

i think the power switch is supposed tohave a spring action pushing it to the left-side, right?

should i send it back to head-direct?

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #528 of 1,534
^^ It needs to spring back to left. Holding it on the right for 3-4 secs switches it off.

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #529 of 1,534
Oh darnn... 

i think that means that i broke the spring inside the power button. Maybe its my fault, but i swear didn't use much force at all, like how hard can my thumb push? This is sad... broken parts within 10 mins of unboxing.

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #530 of 1,534
It's definitely spring loaded and should return to the home position when using it. Sounds like the spring popped out.
For now, you can set the power off to 20 seconds and it will automatically shut off after the assigned time,
Has anyone had any luck charging the 601/602 through the USB input port?

Jan 11, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #533 of 1,534

Quote:
It's definitely spring loaded and should return to the home position when using it. Sounds like the spring popped out.
For now, you can set the power off to 20 seconds and it will automatically shut off after the assigned time,
Has anyone had any luck charging the 601/602 through the USB input port?

Yes and No.  It powers on and shows the charging animation but the player staying on seems to discharge faster than the usb port can charge using an external pack.  Haven't tried using the PC USB yet. 

Quote:
Will the player work ok with a mircoSD card using an SD card adaptor?

That's all I use.  All my cards are microSD w/ Adapters.

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #534 of 1,534
Anyone use any hard case for the player? any recommendations? It is quite hollow...might not be as rigid as my 30GB zune brick. Having broken the re-zeroes, i don't want to take much chance.

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #535 of 1,534

Quote:
Anyone use any hard case for the player? any recommendations? It is quite hollow...might not be as rigid as my 30GB zune brick. Having broken the re-zeroes, i don't want to take much chance.

Pelican i1010 or i1015 or the non 'i' variants.  

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #536 of 1,534
I use the pelican 1010 if I just want to throw it in my bag. If you mean a case as in like a silicone case or such then I have yet to find out although I'm not looking either.

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #538 of 1,534
Does anyone get a buzzing or hissing sound when the player initially is turned on? Something I get that kind of sound and then sometimes I don't. Also when I'm on tracks and playing through all my songs when I press next song there's a slight popping sound that I get. Do others here get the same thing?

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #539 of 1,534

Quote:
Does anyone get a buzzing or hissing sound when the player initially is turned on? Something I get that kind of sound and then sometimes I don't. Also when I'm on tracks and playing through all my songs when I press next song there's a slight popping sound that I get. Do others here get the same thing?

I get the hissing sound on my 602!  Sometimes its more like a screech.

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #540 of 1,534

Quote:
Quote:

I get the hissing sound on my 602!  Sometimes its more like a screech.

Same here. It seems to disapear after the 601 gets warmed up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back