REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Jan 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #511 of 1,534
They have no idea who I am when I call. And as long as we are fixing spelling, it's their, not there

Yes, I like all companies that bend over backwards for their customers and it pains me to see someone soil a company because they didn't get what they wanted, the second they wanted it.
If you were told that the only the president can issue refunds (it's his money) and this is the biggest week of every electronic company's season, I merely pointed out, that instead of airing your dirty laundry on the forums, how about, giving it a chance and waiting until CES is over. If it isn't resolved a week from now, then maybe I can see you getting all hot under the collar (writing in CAPS) instead of warning the public not to buy anything from this company. You were very excessive in you post.
I've seen the same thing happen to Whiplash, Ray Samuels, and other companies. Also, what day of the week did you call? Was it during normal business hours, or on a Saturday or Sunday, when someone shouldn't even be picking up the phone. 
I just checked their hours on their website, and it states that business hours are Mon-Fri 9:30 am until 7:30 pm. 

Bottom line is that if you would just give a company a chance to fix the problem under their guidelines, it might be a whole lot better than what you wrote. Some members here believe that our MOT's should be available 24/7. I know that I'm not, and I turn off my phone on weekends. Need time to heal, dude. It's a frantic world out there.

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #512 of 1,534
Maybe I was being impatient and took it the wrong way. It sounded like to me like they didn't want to help, but maybe that was just a bit of a translation issue. The same representative today emailed me telling me she sent an email to the "president" (which I'm guessing is Fang).

Hopefully this will get resolved, as you guys seem to pretty confident in the company. I just don't want to be out my money.... as I am sure you can sympathize with. As for the minor spelling errors, I do not proofread all of my posts, and I sure hope you don't either.

Also, I hope you understand that everyone is different. Some have more patience then others, in my case, I lack patience. Everyone has their flaws and I am sure you aren't perfect either.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but it just didn't seem right that her immediate response was "absolutely not" when I asked for a refund. Only till' now do I understand she meant she could not issue the refund and that the "president" has to. I was not explained by her that this was the case. Hopefully I'll get my refund by the end of the week like you said.

Jan 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #513 of 1,534
Some have more patience then others, in my case, I lack patience. Everyone has their flaws and I am sure you aren't perfect either.

I don't think your problem with patience is the problem here,  but more on  your willingness to judge and slander without giving any serious thought...or opportunity to the other side..

to put things in perspective, It takes about 3-5 days to transfer money from my bank acct to my paypal acct. and thats working days (weekdays)....

Jan 9, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #514 of 1,534
That is a wonderful perspective, but I paid with my credit card.

From my experience, a refund via PayPal would be immediate and I would get a notification from PayPal instantly.

I do appreciate your opinion though.

I think we should get this thread back on-topic.
Quote:
Some have more patience then others, in my case, I lack patience. Everyone has their flaws and I am sure you aren't perfect either.

I don't think your problem with patience is the problem here,  but more on  your willingness to judge and slander without giving any serious thought...or opportunity to the other side..

to put things in perspective, It takes about 3-5 days to transfer money from my bank acct to my paypal acct. and thats working days (weekdays)....

Jan 9, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #515 of 1,534
Like going outside with stained or wrinkled clothes, writing something that is spelled incorrectly is a direct representation of how you think about yourself.

That, and the fact that you can always cheat like me and use the    spellcheck button that Head-Fi includes with everyone of the reply boxes (yeah, that's what that button is for 
tongue.gif
 ) .

Back on topic!

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #516 of 1,534
Update: having the HM-601 now for about 3 weeks I thought it would be a good time to give some more insight into this product. Many people seem concerned about the reliability of this DAP, and so far it has been perfect, no quality issues at all. The only slight annoyance is that I have to rename some tracks from an album, since they are imported to the player in the wrong order, using numbers first seems to fix this problem. Sound wise, I am using the line out to my HA5000/W5000 combo (yes I know it's made for portable use) but I love what it does to the music. The overall result is a thickening of sound with softer transients providing a much more pleasant and less fatiguing listening session (also providing the W5000 with more bass presence). The only slight drawback is that some of the spaciousness and airy highs are sacrificed a tad bit, though not by much. In the end of the day, this little unit has given me what I have been searching for in my audio quest in a warm player that doesn't lose out too much on detail and extension, while providing some organically thick and smooth sound that compliments the HA5000/W5000 superbly. Great product, Cheers. 

Jan 10, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #518 of 1,534
Hello all

I'm hesitating beetween hm-601 and hm-801 (to be used with Denon D5000 headphone).
Given only SQ criteria, is it a better deal to have hm-601 + a very good amp (let say meier stepdance or RSA P-51) instead of hm-801?

Thanks

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #519 of 1,534
I am confused with the HM-601 do we have to charge this while the player is on? I don't think it charges while the unit is off.

Also the plug doesn't stay firmly into the charger socket, which sucks.

Charging also takes forever using the wall charger, I left it for like 3 hours from the final bar an it only made it up to the third bar.

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #520 of 1,534
There's no way to charge it without the player being on. When you plug in the charging unit to the 601 when the 601 is off it automatically turns on.

I really have no idea how long it takes to charge but I've been told it takes quite some time. It could also be that since the plug does not stay firmly on your charger socket that it does become loose at times and stops charging. That's what happened with mine before I found I had another charger with almost the same specs as the 601 charger and used that instead.

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #523 of 1,534
My iPod 5.5G takes between 6-8 hours (I think...usually do it while I sleep) and my iRiver H120 and my iAudio X5L both take near the double digits.

It depends on how a circuit is designed. It's only a 5V 1A charger. My Nano takes 7 hours using my computer USB 5V. I don't know of many players that take only 2 or 3 hours.

Also, except for the iRiver, they all turn on and then go to a battery indicator charging mode until it says "charged".

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #524 of 1,534
anxiously awaiting my new HM-601. I've had to revert back to my PC soundcard for music while the rma takes place..and lets just say the magic is gone. I miss the warmth of the hifiman!

Jan 10, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #525 of 1,534
Thank goodness I haven't had the battery die on me and then having to go through 12 hours of charging. I think my charger might be a bit longer since I'm using one I found in my house instead of the provided one since it wasn't sturdy enough for the outlet due to the plug adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back