REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Jan 8, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #496 of 1,534
I use an 8gig class 10 Transcend with absolutely no problems.  bought the card a few months ago because they were well priced at the time and it's just been sitting in the packaging so thought i'd try it out before buying a new card. I wouldn't mind going up in size though but i'd hate to buy a new sdhc card only for it to not work.

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #497 of 1,534

Quote:
how would you say the instrument separations fairs compared to your other DAP? 

Thx btw for the info!! 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

i've been reading most of this thread, im thinking very serously about buying this DAP. My question is, what are some of you guys' experience with the 601 and the TF10's? i have these iem's and love them, are they a good match?

Thx!

This is my combo and I believe that it is a very good match. The bass is more smoother and has more weight to it than the Sansa Clip. The mids are more sweeter. The treble is not as in your face as with the Clip but it does sound better and less harsh to my ears.

About the same, although my ears are not good enough to pick up this sort of thing should there be any minor improvements.

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #498 of 1,534
Class 4 PNY 16gb here.  No problems on the 602 or any other device ever.  I can tell you from experience SD card makers can be hit or miss.  Just because you buy a brand doesn't guarantee all capacities they make are made to the same standard, spec or factory location.  After having hit or miss issues w/ Sandisk and Lexar I wouldn't even try one of those cheapie mystery Ebay cards.

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #500 of 1,534

Quote:

DO NOT buy from this company.

They are a TOTAL scam.

I purchased this deal 2 hours ago and then contacted them to cancel it (2 hours later).

They told me absolutely not and that they need the "president" to do it. I asked kindly to email the "president" and got no response. She was rude, not helpful and acted childish.

Are you kidding me!

IF I don't get a refund issued in the 48 hours I will file fraud with my credit card company.

Wow, two identical slanderous posts. 

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #501 of 1,534
I WANT to REFUTE the IDEAS ON OCCASION TOGO THAT HEAD-DIRECT does not SEND ORDERS, it was PROMISED ME to DEPORT Ups,ESChe And GIFT PROMISED, In EVERYTHING Ems,A HEAD-DIRECT is GUILTY VERY WELL BEHAVES To the CLIENTS

Jan 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #502 of 1,534

Quote:
I WANT to REFUTE the IDEAS ON OCCASION TOGO THAT HEAD-DIRECT does not SEND ORDERS, it was PROMISED ME to DEPORT Ups,ESChe And GIFT PROMISED, In EVERYTHING Ems,A HEAD-DIRECT is GUILTY VERY WELL BEHAVES To the CLIENTS

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #504 of 1,534
Update guys:

I got an email saying they sent an email to there shipping department and president to cancel + refund me for the order.

I'll let you know if I get the refund - until then beware.

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #506 of 1,534

Quote:

They are a TOTAL scam.

I purchased this deal 2 hours ago and then contacted them to cancel it (2 hours later).

They told me absolutely not and that they need the "president" to do it. I asked kindly to email the "president" and got no response. She was rude, not helpful and acted childish.

Are you kidding me!

IF I don't get a refund issued in the 48 hours I will file fraud with my credit card company.

Head-Direct is a company that has bent over backward to please it's customers, even at it's own loss of profit. If you spent weeks investigating what you wanted to spend your hard earned cash to buy something that would give you gobs of joy, I don't understand why you would want to cancel an order that you just placed an ordered two hours prior.
I have been in the business 30 years and have come to the conclusion that anyone who posts is CAPs, is immature or young. How old are you?
Instead of slandering a company that has a proven tack record of exemplary customer service, why don't you post exactly what transpired?
You know that it is currently CES and in most companies, the only one that can OK a refund, without you even getting the product in the first place, is the owner or chief cook and bottle washer.
You made a rash decision and now want to snap your fingers and have everybody cater to your wishes. Something tells me that you did not handle this situation professionally,
Instead of posting veiled threats, why don't you post what actually transpired, so others can get a get a clear picture of what happened. Instead, you went off the deep end, started making threats and put all of those involved in defensive mode. Honey and vinegar theory.
Why did you cancel the order 2 hours after placing the order??? Companies are not here to lose money and if you did your homework before placing your order, none of this would have ever happened. You'll get your refund, but everybody is at CES and if the only person that can issue a refund is at CES then you'll have to wait one day. Do you think that calling a company that has a proven track record, a scam, what do you expect to get by this?. Patience is a virtue.
Threatening to file a claim with your credit card company is like a 5 year old holding their breath until their face turns blue. It's obvious that you have not been around that long (age wise). Just take a chill pill and I'm sure that Head-Direct will do what it has to do to make you happy. But not during CES week.
If customer service acted childish, then I'm sure that you said things and made threats that backed them into a corner after trying to appease you. 
I have spoken to HD's customer service and have had nothing but excellent results.

Calm down. You'll get what you want.

Jan 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #507 of 1,534
Hi all welcome.
I have a question because I can not find the firmware download 0.4, I bought a hi-fi Man two days ago and I have version 0.3?
Could I upgrade firmawere and how to do it?
What class of up to 32GB card sees the player? I have a 16GB Class 4 Kingston and I have no problems, I would buy the 32GB.
Regards and sorry for the language

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #508 of 1,534
Are we not aloud to have different experiences? Could it be that they treat you differently because you're the administrator of a highly known audiophile forum?

This is my second time having a bad experience with them. Could it be that I'm dealing with a bad Representative..? Maybe.

I emailed them asking for a refund as I decided that I no longer wanted this amp because it would make no sense to use it with my HeadStage Arrow. Is it wrong for a customer to change there mind on an order and ask politely and simply for a cancellation shortly after an item is ordered?

You're right, I am young, and I do have a tight budget and I don't want to be held out of $400. Maybe I could've been more patient but the Representative I spoke to acted like she had no clue of what was going on and refused to give me a refund. I've never heard of only a "president" issuing refunds.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended you as you clearly seem to like this company, but I'm speaking out of my experiences, not yours. I posted this to warn others and keep others informed of what is going on only for there benefit, not mine. I would also like you to take note that I'm not the only one having issues with there CS right now.

Quote:
Quote:

They are a TOTAL scam.

Are you kidding me!

Head-Direct is a company that has bent over backward to please it's customers, even at it's own loss of profit. If you spent weeks investigating what you wanted to spend your hard earned cash to buy something that would give you gobs of joy, I don't understand why you would want to cancel an order that you just placed an ordered two hours prior.
I have been in the business 30 years and have come to the conclusion that anyone who posts is CAPs, is immature or young. How old are you?
Instead of slandering a company that has a proven tack record of exemplary customer service, why don't you post exactly what transpired?
You know that it is currently CES and in most companies, the only one that can OK a refund, without you even getting the product in the first place, is the owner or chief cook and bottle washer.
You made a rash decision and now want to snap your fingers and have everybody cater to your wishes. Something tells me that you did not handle this situation professionally,
Instead of posting veiled threats, why don't you post what actually transpired, so others can get a get a clear picture of what happened. Instead, you went off the deep end, started making threats and put all of those involved in defensive mode. Honey and vinegar theory.
Why did you cancel the order 2 hours after placing the order??? Companies are not here to lose money and if you did your homework before placing your order, none of this would have ever happened. You'll get your refund, but everybody is at CES and if the only person that can issue a refund is at CES then you'll have to wait one day. Do you think that calling a company that has a proven track record, a scam, what do you expect to get by this?. Patience is a virtue.
Threatening to file a claim with your credit card company is like a 5 year old holding their breath until their face turns blue. It's obvious that you have not been around that long (age wise). Just take a chill pill and I'm sure that Head-Direct will do what it has to do to make you happy. But not during CES week.
If customer service acted childish, then I'm sure that you said things and made threats that backed them into a corner after trying to appease you. 
I have spoken to HD's customer service and have had nothing but excellent results.

Calm down. You'll get what you want.

Jan 9, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #510 of 1,534
BNHabs, I think you are mistaking Head Direct for a large company. Everything and I mean everything goes through Fang's approval. I can't imagine there being too many people on staff and I imagine it would only be a handful of people at best. I would be very surprised if the location of their New York address is very large.

You will get your money back. I've had nothing but good things come out of that company and they definitely are not scamming any one and I definitely am no administrator on any forum. Fang spent the weekend at CES as this weekend was that event so it would be difficult to much communication from him considering CES preparations and such would take up most of your time. Have some patience and things will be sorted out.

Refunds also take time. I've been waiting on a refund from another company for 6 days and still nothing in my paypal account. I'd give Head Direct longer than a couple hours esp on a weekend to sort things out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back