REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Dec 11, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #1,471 of 1,534
Rockbox is so much more stable and usable than the original firmware. I wonder if Hifiman expect them to be Rockboxed these days as they have reduced the internal memory to 4gb and it isn't used after the Rockbox upgrade.

Dec 11, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #1,472 of 1,534
Rockbox is so much more stable and usable than the original firmware. I wonder if Hifiman expect them to be Rockboxed these days as they have reduced the internal memory to 4gb and it isn't used after the Rockbox upgrade.

Its totally reversible rite? Just like on classics.....incase for any factory warranty claims in future.

Dec 12, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #1,475 of 1,534
Clee290 is correct as you just flash it with the original firmware to uninstall Rockbox. Installing is a little harder as you have to modify a copy of the original firmware, which isn't that difficult and put the Rockbox folder on the sd card.

I gather the latest Rockbox is glitchy but the older ones are fine but clee290 might be able to give you a link to older version.

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #1,477 of 1,534
I was just looking at the Head-Direct site and the HM-60x series isn't listed any more. Are they discontinued?

I know for sure they ran out of stock during the BF season,but dont think its been dis-continued tho......may be wait for sometime than paying them more from others if you really want them.....

Dec 15, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #1,479 of 1,534
I already have a 601, 601le and a 603 so I don't think I need another lol. I was just looking at the site.

I see...so which one you like the most among those 3? And the best sounding paired with an IEM or HP? When you say best sounding, with LO or just HO? If LO what amp you find them best paired? Sry nit too much questions but want to how the LE stacks up....mind sharing? Much appreciated......

Dec 15, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #1,482 of 1,534
I see...so which one you like the most among those 3? And the best sounding paired with an IEM or HP? When you say best sounding, with LO or just HO? If LO what amp you find them best paired? Sry nit too much questions but want to how the LE stacks up....mind sharing? Much appreciated......

The 601 has good lower bass and is more even in frequency and is really nice with my Brainwavz B2.

The 601le has more mid which is noticeable around the 2khz point which I found a bit much with my favorite Comply t-400 tips on my RE-400 which is now fantastic. This was cured with the Comply ts-400 Comfort tips which seem to cut that peak for me. It is also great with the Koss KSC-35.

The 603 is like the 601le but with much more power so it drives the RE0 beautifully and I am willing to bet they will be even better than the 601le with the KSC-35 but I have lost these temporarily. The ATH-AD900 also great with the 603.

The line out on all of the 60x range is fabulous amped. The ATH-AD900 is great with my O2 amp with the 2227 op amp and my Alessandro MS-1 is amazing through a Fiio E12 to give them plenty of current.

I have plenty of options now but you know how this hobby works i am looking for my next set of headphones as there is always the set at the end of the rainbow. It just worries me how many pairs are on the road and is there ever the perfect setup?

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #1,484 of 1,534

yeah both were right.....but the shortage of LEs registered strong in my mind since thenso I possibly missed the track of re400,infact I was under the same impression of LE shortage of stoc until you pointed out now and I totally lost my interest on the LEs after first week of my order tbh due to their various/new reasons for delay on their side,plus my second order of X3 was also delayed apparently and kinda nervous and totally p****ed off......

Dec 15, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #1,485 of 1,534
yeah both were right.....but the shortage of LEs registered strong in my mind since thenso I possibly missed the track of re400,infact I was under the same impression of LE shortage of stoc until you pointed out now and I totally lost my interest on the LEs after first week of my order tbh due to their various/new reasons for delay on their side,plus my second order of X3 was also delayed apparently and kinda nervous and totally p****ed off......

Damn, sorry to hear your X3 is delayed as well. The Black Friday Effect, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back