REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Aug 22, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,518 of 1,534
I recently bought a Fiio X3 Gen 2 and while I like it I still think my 601LE (its really a 602 with 4gb less memory) sounds a little better, I think.

The 601LE has a more forward midrange which for me is great as it bring them out more in my Sony Z7 which has become my favorite headphone. The bass also has a bit more thump over the X3II but the Fiio's bass sounds a little cleaner. Its really close but I think the organic, warm and smooth sound of the 601LE takes it just over the X3II in SQ but the X3II has a better UI and gapless playback which I love as I have a lot of tracked Dj mixes, so over all I think its even. I want/need to sell one but don't know which one yet so I guess more "testing" is required 
dt880smile.png

Aug 30, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #1,519 of 1,534
  I recently bought a Fiio X3 Gen 2 and while I like it I still think my 601LE (its really a 602 with 4gb less memory) sounds a little better, I think.

The 601LE has a more forward midrange which for me is great as it bring them out more in my Sony Z7 which has become my favorite headphone. The bass also has a bit more thump over the X3II but the Fiio's bass sounds a little cleaner. Its really close but I think the organic, warm and smooth sound of the 601LE takes it just over the X3II in SQ but the X3II has a better UI and gapless playback which I love as I have a lot of tracked Dj mixes, so over all I think its even. I want/need to sell one but don't know which one yet so I guess more "testing" is required 
dt880smile.png

+1 on 601 as they sound more natural. I couldn't find anything special in X3II.

May 31, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #1,527 of 1,534
If you format the card as FAT32, a 64GB SD will work (that's what I do).

Jun 22, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #1,530 of 1,534
So let me say this, my LG V10 just crapped out as my music player due too... well updates

that said, I've got a Rock Boxed Little HM601 lying around that I don't use all that much but paid $100 for, non the less I also noticed my iPod isn't sound as clean as it used to either :/ 

SO thankfully I learned a little about how to properly run a graphical EQ, I put my settings from neutron android into the ROckBox EQ settings and LOW and BEHOLD... it sounded a little better than my Phone does [but that's an ESS Dac VS a NOS BurrBrown with an already metallic headphone]

Either way, I'm REALLY glad I got this little guy :D yea my HM901 sounds WAY better but I don't want to carry that to the gym nor do I like to EQ with that kind of pricy gear, but my HM601 to HD 25-1 makes a great gym rig!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back