REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Nov 22, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #1,411 of 1,534
Love the fact that their is still love for 601, I used mine with a GS Voyager amp and the results were sublime. I found the line out sounded better than the HO.

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #1,412 of 1,534
Love the fact that their is still love for 601, I used mine with a GS Voyager amp and the results were sublime. I found the line out sounded better than the HO.

Did you ever listened/paired with FiiO E11/12, thro LO......even I hate HO on my classics,its dual stage amping over killer...

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #1,413 of 1,534
And mine's still not yet shipped......according to their yesterday's email. :frowning2: I hate to cancel but at the same time I hate to see this kind ir-responsive CS.....very poor planning and admistration.:evil: but since this my first ordering with hfman,I let it go......

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #1,414 of 1,534
Did you ever listened/paired with FiiO E11/12, thro LO......even I hate HO on my classics,its dual stage amping over killer...
no still not heard the E12, I might get one to go with a DX50, what I really want is an O2 in the shape of an E12.
What does 601 sound like with E12?

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #1,415 of 1,534
Shawn, Head Direct really give brilliant service, they have been excellent for me many times, I am sure they will do their best

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #1,416 of 1,534
no still not heard the E12, I might get one to go with a DX50, what I really want is an O2 in the shape of an E12.
What does 601 sound like with E12?

No clue.....Im eagerly waiting for shipment notification from HD......really like to hear how the td1543 paired with E11/E12........:tongue_smile:

btw,dx50 has enough juice to drive any HPs,imo,so you want to see how its dac's potential paired with E12?......

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #1,417 of 1,534
Shawn, Head Direct really give brilliant service, they have been excellent for me many times, I am sure they will do their best

yep....thx for the kind words and so is some of our fellow head-fi'ers told me as well.....yeah the delay happens when overwhelming response hit their doors....understandable.

But the thing is it wasnt like a new products's pre-order nor they are dealer/re-sellers of hifiman but selling their own home-brewed products thru hd.com....they wld've routed from HK/china warehouse to destinations from EU/Asia/Australia/NZ leaving behind their US warehouse to care of NA alone.....just my 0.02C..

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #1,418 of 1,534
Well well well......looks like heavy shortage of re400 stock........ :frowning2: below is an latest update from hd.....

" Dear Customer,
Sorry for the late reply because we are out of duty on weekends.

Your order is not shipped yet because the RE-400 is in high-demand while our stock is limited. we didn't expect that would happen.Our manager are waiting for the package shipped from our factory and we will arrange the shipment as soon as we receive new products.

Thanks very much for your patience and understandings.

Best Regards,
Amy
HIFIMAN Customer Service Team "

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #1,419 of 1,534
Hi guys,
I just received my combo HM-601 LE with RE-400 yesterday and I am having some problems here with the player.
My unit seems to freeze regularly and I can't do nothing when it froze (can't reset/power off). Even it froze during transferring music files at the USB data exchange screen -> my PC suddenly will tell no storage available. i'll let it for few hours then noticed it already turned off by itself.

i checked the firmware, it stated type HM-602 with firmware version 0.12. But my player is HM-601 LE. Is it the right firmware/type?

I just wanna check with others who have the player, what is stated in your system info and firmware version.
Any of you who recently bought this combo during the deal time having similar experience?

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #1,420 of 1,534
  Hi guys,
I just received my combo HM-601 LE with RE-400 yesterday and I am having some problems here with the player.
My unit seems to freeze regularly and I can't do nothing when it froze (can't reset/power off). Even it froze during transferring music files at the USB data exchange screen -> my PC suddenly will tell no storage available. i'll let it for few hours then noticed it already turned off by itself.

i checked the firmware, it stated type HM-602 with firmware version 0.12. But my player is HM-601 LE. Is it the right firmware/type?

I just wanna check with others who have the player, what is stated in your system info and firmware version.
Any of you who recently bought this combo during the deal time having similar experience?

If you don't receive replies here I suggest contacting Head-Direct and enquire with them.

They can give you direct no-fuss answers to your firmware questions and the issue you're experiencing.

https://www.head-direct.com/

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #1,422 of 1,534
  Hi guys,

I asked Head-Direct about this and yes, HM-602 with firmware 0.12 is correct. 

As H20Fidelity mentioned, you may want to contact Head-Direct anyways about your freezing issue. I personally installed Rockbox on my 601LE as I really didn't like the stock firmware, but when I did use the stock firmware, I never really had a freezing problem like you described.

Dec 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #1,423 of 1,534
Well well well......looks like heavy shortage of re400 stock........ :frowning2: below is an latest update from hd.....

" Dear Customer,
Sorry for the late reply because we are out of duty on weekends.

Your order is not shipped yet because the RE-400 is in high-demand while our stock is limited. we didn't expect that would happen.Our manager are waiting for the package shipped from our factory and we will arrange the shipment as soon as we receive new products.

Thanks very much for your patience and understandings.

Best Regards,
Amy
HIFIMAN Customer Service Team "

Did you get yours Shawn?

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #1,424 of 1,534
Did you get yours Shawn?

Hell No....they said its been caught in customs,so they are resending thru diff carrier,fm china......and I might ask them to refund if I dont get a tracking # today or so....Actually I lost my interest already and they gave me enough agony....dhl really sucks and I told them while ordering (paypal note) abd thru an email to ship with trusty FedEX NOT with dhl but despite they did and Im the sufferer now....you know,I cant blame them on this coz its their eco intl carrier......

Edit>>> forgot, they are re-sending thru FedEX--- this time ---shown some love on me.....:D

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #1,425 of 1,534
Hi guys,

Basically, the HM-601LE is a 602 without the USB DAC capability, rather than a 601. Therefore, it is very good value!

iMO, it can do a few things which my new HM-650 can't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back