[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Mar 4, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #1,276 of 2,011
It's $10 worldwide
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #1,278 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've came in this thread the other day and said that the Alessandro MS1 were an upgrade over the RE0. Well you can slap me across the face with a salmon because I was out of my god-damn mind. After a couple weeks my MS1 are now collecting dust.

I have the REO and MS1i, I think it's great that you are focusing on the RE0 for a while, but I'm sure you will get back to the MS1i at some time. While I love the RE0 for its clarity and purity, there are times I want the grit and fun that the MS1i gives me!

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #1,281 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnoford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just tried the site on Chrome and works fine. It's these, the westone 2's or the triple.fi's. So tough.

Westone 2 if you want neutral and TF10 if you want fun and don't care for vocals.

Just used the RE0 for the first time in a couple months(been using TF10, W2 and 3 as well as MTP), the RE0 is a great introduction to high end universal IEM but they can't quite run with the big boys I don't think.

BTW: the highs are really harsh out of the D4. Anybody else experiencing that problem?

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #1,283 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hard,I don't understand.

was trying to type harsh

and I think it's just the source audio. Owl City's hit song was on and now that I'm trying it with the Westone 2, it's not much better on the harsh front, just slightly more detailed and layered. My ear hurts.

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #1,284 of 2,011
Just got the meelec M11 tip set and the Bi Flange tips are a little smaller and softer than the RE0 medium Bi Flanges, so if your having trouble fitting the RE0 medium Bi Flange tips i can recommend the Meelecs.
I am very happy with them.
Sound is pretty much the same as the RE0 Bi Flanges.
jecklinsmile.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #1,285 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by playingwithfire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just used the RE0 for the first time in a couple months(been using TF10, W2 and 3 as well as MTP), the RE0 is a great introduction to high end universal IEM but they can't quite run with the big boys I don't think.

Agreed. I got my custom reshelled TF10 back from Fisher Audio. While I enjoy my RE0 a great deal, they are NOT in the same league as the TF10. Very good for $79.00 nonetheless.

Mar 5, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #1,286 of 2,011
Finally got my knock-off hybrid tips from eBay, they feel better than any of the RE0 stock tips and are easier to put on than the black stock tips too. I'm not sure how they affect the sound but everything sounds good to me. I also find they don't cause that suction effect that I get with the stock black tips.

Mar 6, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #1,287 of 2,011
I get the suction effect using the real sony hybrids sometimes. But I think when I have had them in my ears for a while I sweat just a little where the rubber makes contact with my ears. That is when the section effect kicks in.

Mar 6, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #1,288 of 2,011
well the suction isnt too bad with these kind of phones with larger nozzle sizes :p i had some shure iem's in the past where it got to the point i wouldnt use silicon tips cuz of that and it felt like it would get stuck in my ear.

edit..maybe its just me but i would take the RE0 over the TF10 pretty easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back